Well I've got cancer

• January 3, 2014 8:11 AM PST
     I was recently deployed to the desert. While over there I noticed that something just wasn't right (down there). So I went to the doctor he said it was testicular cancer and within days I was in Germany going under the knife. I'm home now recovering and waiting for my next doctors appt to find out the next step. based on the test results it was definitly cancer. Most likely stage 3 but awaiting official verification from the doctor. 
    • 284 posts
    January 3, 2014 8:59 AM PST
    Sorry to hear it. Hope it goes well. My Dad served in Vietnam and got cancer from agent orange and my mother also died from cancer after 10+ years of battle. It is sure not a fun disease.

Good luck Solider.....
  • January 3, 2014 9:13 AM PST
    Thank you. From what I've been told if your going to get cancer this is the one you want. It's got a +95% survivability rating.
    • 1855 posts
    January 3, 2014 10:10 AM PST
    You'll do alright brother. My friend lost one testicle and his sense of humor seems now centered around having only one testicle. A bit of a discomfort I'm sure but you're nearly correct; survival rate is well, well above 95%.

Peace and thanks again for your service
  • January 3, 2014 10:57 AM PST
    I appreciate it. That seems to be where my sense of humor is centered too. Lol I think I'm my road name is about to change. Lol maybe, halfsack, Armstrong, lefty, lol maybe someone can come up with something better lol
    • 5419 posts
    January 3, 2014 11:56 AM PST
    Damn John really sorry to hear that, but like you said the survival rate for testicular cancer is one of the highest of any type of cancer. We're sending prayers and positive thoughts that everything works out for you!!!
  • January 3, 2014 12:17 PM PST
    sorry to hear that
  • January 3, 2014 1:02 PM PST
    Best wishes in what will be a speedy recovery.

JimmyK
    • 16795 posts
    January 3, 2014 3:03 PM PST
    Prayers go out that everything is now going to be OK.
  • January 3, 2014 11:58 PM PST

Several of my friends have had this surgical procedure done and are still living life to the fullest. So think positive..!!
    • 3006 posts
    January 4, 2014 2:16 AM PST
    Glad to hear you caught it in time.A lot of men wont bother getting checked till its way too late.

Hope your healing up fine,and life gets back to normal for you !!! Halfsak lmao
    • 1855 posts
    January 4, 2014 3:49 AM PST
    I appreciate it. That seems to be where my sense of humor is centered too. Lol I think I'm my road name is about to change. Lol maybe, halfsack, Armstrong, lefty, lol maybe someone can come up with something better lol

As I said, my buddy has a pretty good sense of humor.   He is down to saying, "Well now, you can just kiss my ball".

• 846 posts
    January 4, 2014 6:50 AM PST
    Glad you caught it in time. Best of luck with the rest if any treatments. Any day above the grass is a good one.
  • January 4, 2014 3:13 PM PST
    Keep the faith, Brother! You will do just fine. Mudman
  • January 19, 2014 8:43 AM PST
    Wishing you the best of the best Soldier ! Welcome home and thank you for your service ! On the lighter side -- how about "Half Nuts" ?
    • 19007 posts
    January 19, 2014 10:47 PM PST
    Sorry I missed this when it was new. No Worries Celtic, you will prevail.
    • 44 posts
    January 20, 2014 1:08 AM PST
    Sorry I missed this hang in there and keep us up dated prayers are sent
    • 2685 posts
    January 21, 2014 12:26 AM PST
    Sorry to hear that man, Hope all goes well. Can't believe they are still denying that our soldiers aren't getting this from their time served.
    My oldest started his Chemo and radiation yesterday. After three tours in Iraq they found a brain tumor and are basically saying its not their fault. Had a baseball sized tumor removed from his head three years ago and another quarter sized one removed about a month ago. He is doing well as I know you will also do.
  • January 21, 2014 3:35 AM PST
    Prayers for ya. One of my best friends went through it about 4 years ago. "Onenut" is doing great, I am sure you will also!
  • January 23, 2014 11:44 PM PST
    Hang in there brother (no pun intended)...been doing the battle for the last two years now. First it was prostate (which they also told me was the cancer to have if I was going to have cancer), six months later it was neck cancer....seed inplants for the first round and surgery and radiation for the second. Been free so far, so hope does abound! Keep positive and have faith! Afterall, there really is nothing you can do about it......trust GOD....and then trust the doctors! Hooah!
  • January 24, 2014 8:30 AM PST
    Thoughts and prayers still with you! How are you feeling? Let us all know how your doing.
  • January 24, 2014 10:01 AM PST
    Reference the treatise of PhD John Beard regarding the FACT that cancer is not a disease. The lumps and bumps that manifest are our own cells separating healthy flesh from flesh that is fermenting due to cellular oxygen deprivation. The body creates pathways to this area to deal with it in its own time. MD's see the bandages of lumps and bumps the body made and say "let's cut, poison or burn". with no treatment ever producing cure or touching the initial cause. It is illegal to cure cancer. or even to profess to have a cure. MD's are shills for big Pharma. Please stop trusting them, they have nothing for you. If I were the one in your situation I would increase my anti-oxidant intake to between 100k and 300k ORAC points per day. I would get Fucoidan, Z-Radical, and Selenium in therapeutic amount doses according to my weight and height. I would salt my food to taste every meal (as salt intake helps make strong stomach acid so you break down proteins to absorb-able amino acid) I would stop eating anything that has wheat, barley, rye, oats (as these cause inflamation to the digestion cells meaning they interfere with absorption of nutrients) I would not drink anything carbonated with meals, I would leave all oils and anything cooked with oils alone (due to the fact that oils turn and oxidize and intake is a fight with free radicals that cause vascular damage and an acidic bloodstream counteracting the alkalinity you are trying to provide to your bloodstream with dietary changes. I would try to get my blood oxygen to as close to 100 as possible and my blood alkalinity to as close to a PH of 8 as possible. This is not new but very old info There are many who can help look for a broadcast called Dead Doctors Don't Lie and one called Fire Your MD Now. I made a commercial free version of the latter where I am not selling anything just rebroadcasting the show without commercials. It is tinyurl.com/goodandhealthy I am the IT and Admin for Black Diamond Choppers in Las Vegas. I firmly believe what I wrote here and anyone is welcome to disagree. Just remember we are welcome to our own opinion but not our own set of facts. Your illness is not a disease..rather it is the symptom of suffocation, oxygen starvation on a cellular level. Your healing will be just as clear and plain.all your body needs is the fuel to fix itself and for you to get out of its way with bad diet, fried food, on & on. You will win this, just wake up to what it is you are really fighting. (also reference a video called "A World Without Cancer" narrated by G. Edward Griffin and "The Cancer Report".)
  • January 24, 2014 10:50 AM PST
    Best wishes and a speedy recovery. Keep thinking positive. A close friend of mine had stage 4 breast cancer five years ago. She's still going strong. You'll be ok. Ride on.
  • January 24, 2014 5:34 PM PST
    Sorry for you, good to read that you try to keep a sense of humor. (halfsack?) If anything is positive it is as others write, and survivability is expected. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • January 27, 2014 3:30 AM PST
    I'm officially cancer free. No need for any kind of treatment. (other than the removal they already did) They are just going to scan me every couple of months for the next few years to ensure it doesn't come back anywhere else. Thank you all for your support if I could count on it from anybody I knew it would be you guys.

P.S I'm already back to riding. Cant keep me off of two wheels.