OUR COUNTRY?

• October 15, 2013 12:58 AM PDT
    Ya know, I wouldn't think twice for dying for my country. But as I was getting a trip ready for fall to see some the natural beauty of our National Parks and to pay respect to the men and women at the Battlefields, my wife stopped me in my tracks... She said, "Honey, all the Nat'l parks and battlefields are closed due to the gov't being closed.
    Are you kidding me? Now? When I just heard the Gov't is losing over 72 million dollars a day due to the closings of OUR PARKS & BATTLEFIELDS!
    What is this country coming to? Damn greedy bastards!
    This is my country! my land! and I can't even enjoy it...WTF!!!!
  • October 15, 2013 1:33 AM PDT
             if people would vote those bastards out that make a living by being there 20 to 30 years and put them on 8 year terms maybe thing would get better .
    • 81 posts
    October 15, 2013 3:34 AM PDT
    Screw the Feds. Plan a trip around small towns and visit their veterans memorials.i have seen quite a few that I thought were better and more respectful than some of our national parks. It seems ( to me anyway) that the vets these small memorials honor are local vets and the towns put more feeling into the memorial.
    • 44 posts
    October 15, 2013 4:09 AM PDT
    As I sit here and ponder how the government and or the people in Washington how ever you feel can sit there and allow this shit to happen its not like it happens over night all I can say is get off your ass and do something about it Obama care let me tell you how it works if you don't have insurance you are going to have to get it ok I get that no more freeloaders using my tax dollar's to pay for there heath care so that means they get insurance at a discount rate because as most of you know more than half of them are carrier freeloaders and don't want to work and pay taxes because that mail box check is way easier to get that being said as a veteran I have worked all my life since 13 I have health insurance but now since Obama care the insurance is going up looks to me that some bastard in Washington is getting richer off me working gota have it so why not charge more as far as I can see the can all loss my ass and if I offended anyone by calling you a freeloader get a job and pay like everyone else does and to all the politicians out there I know it can't be my way all the time but damn let a man come up for air every once and a while
    • 9 posts
    October 21, 2013 8:54 AM PDT
    Screw 8 yr terms, too. 4 and out. These guys get so used to using OUR money, to fund THEIR lifestyles, they don't even lie about it anymore. They just call it campaign PAC funds. Which by the way, is legal for them to spend, any way they see fit. And the one's "funding" the pacs, (so they say) are those with "special interests", getting their congressmen to "lobby" for what THEY want. THE US GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT, People. Right down to their $50 (free haircuts)...C'MON!!! You and I contribute to a campaign, and I guarantee, some of that money goes right into these SLUSH funds!!! Ridiculous.

I'm NOT REPUBLICAN, I'm NOT DEMOCRAT. I'M AMERICAN, Dammit (Sorry, Lord), and I've had just about enough of this political tyranny!!!

YOU???

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1 posts
    October 21, 2013 2:14 PM PDT
    Good thing they are opened again... Or untill the Feb. dead line as they just kicked the can down the road so to speak. Go have fun enjoy what freedom you paid for by servicing this country. And if you find a barracade take it down. Go around it, I did... That is my happy advice. Now I will not say what I feel for the politicans as I would get kicked off this site for violating a couple of their rules, also I might make a few drunken sailors blush... ; D
  • October 21, 2013 11:01 PM PDT
    I'm a vet, my son is currently on active duty and deployed. The government is a bunch of freeloaders that's why they love the freeloaders so much. One four year term and out is a wonderful idea that will never come to pass because they have to pass it. The only way to limit their terms in office is to get off your butt and vote, it's not much but, it's all we have in the way of power over our government short of a full scale rebellion. I have voted in every election local state and federal since I turned 18. I will not fail to vote as long as I have that right, with the current administration we may not have that right much longer. I do not want a (violent) rebellion against our government but a rise of the people at the poles is a great way to get back control of our country and the only peaceful way that it's going to come about. Rise up America take control vote out the freeloaders that have been living off of us their entire life's, force them to go to work to live. As for Obama care the citizens of this country are required to purchase health insurance while the non citizen will have it provided at our expense. This is not only not right it is down right UN-AMERICAN.
  • October 21, 2013 11:16 PM PDT
    you can't force them to work because after one term they entitled to there pay and medical until the long living bastards die and that's not even right
    • 1855 posts
    October 22, 2013 12:30 AM PDT
    I think term limits is a great idea. I don't believe one term is enough time to get things accomplished however. But I do believe there needs to be a way to force Congress to keep their promises to constituents. The gov't, if it has a mind to, can go after and get the average American for any reason, regardless of the validity. If they want you they will get you. It's damn near impossible for the average American to fight back when life is simply being a hard working American Patriot trying to survive and raise a family.

Why can't Americans do the same thing? If politicians don't do their job we need to go after them where they live and play. I think we need a paparachi (sp?) force for Congress. Not necessarily investigative reporters but more of a rumor mill; sleeze bag journalism designed to make lazy, greedy, inefficient legislators everyday lives as miserable as they make ours.
  • October 23, 2013 10:45 PM PDT
    impose term limits - cancel lifetime benefits - force them to live by the laws they pass
    in short - "ACCOUNTABILITY"
  • October 24, 2013 12:10 AM PDT

• October 24, 2013 7:22 AM PDT
    Please forgive me for having to say this but..................When I join the Military of this Country in 1968 I was PROUD to serve, and when I received a job with the Federal Government after the Military (39 years long) I was PROUD to work for such a Great Nation's Government I felt blessed..................................but NOW I'm embarrassed how this Nation has turned out, and I HATE to tell people I worked for this Government!!! I am so ashamed for this Nation, and I'm sure the USA is the laughing stock of the world! How in the Hell did we get to this point is beyond me! Will we ever recover??????////

Sad Dragon
  • October 24, 2013 11:13 PM PDT
    Recovery is possible, not probable, not with the politically correct way that everything seems to be said and done. I'm still proud to be an American-Vet-Biker. While way farther from perfect than a few years ago, still the best there is. God Bless America.