Victory owners

• 81 posts
    September 29, 2013 2:55 AM PDT
     I am looking to trade after the first of the year. I ride a HD. Super glide and want a touring scoot. Let's here your opinions. Right now it's looking like a cross country or the touring version or, one of the HD line up. I know I need to get to the dealers and do some test rides. Just looking for opinions and also what type of problems I can expect out of a victory. Thanks in advance.
  • September 30, 2013 5:45 AM PDT
    Harley's Road King and Streetglide are great bikes for Touring and Local Rides. I hear all the time from my buddies who ride the Ultra Classics that they are the best out on the open road, but when your after a pitcher of beer with your buddies at the local pub it is a bit much. I have a streetglide now and I traded a roadking in for it. I rode both of them to Sturgis numerous times from So. Cal and In my opinion there both great all around bikes. Nothing can replace an extended test ride though.
    • 81 posts
    September 30, 2013 9:23 AM PDT
    Kind of hoping when the time comes I can find a new 2013 RG. Still want to test ride all of them but if it rides as good as I think it looks the looking will be over.
    • 5417 posts
    September 30, 2013 5:45 PM PDT
    Love my Road King and do LOTS of touring on it. Very comfortable, runs strong and I take care of it and have never had to make a major repair (over 120,000 on my last one) But in all fairness it is the only touring bike I have ever owned, so I can not make any comparison. I can say I have test ridden a few of the new Victorys and they are REAL nice to ride. Very comfortable and unbelievable power... can't help you on reliability on them though.
  • October 1, 2013 1:06 AM PDT
    I've had both the Ultra Classic and now a Road Glide Ultra. My wife and I put an avg. of 20,000 per yr. travelling across our beautiful country. I personally like the fixed fairing because it seems to give you better protection against the wind and elements. However, the "dressers" all are a great ride and have all the ammentities you should need for travelling around, weather it be for long distance or just a put to the local pub. I couldn't ride anything without bags and a windshield, We're spoiled...Victory makes a cross country which I hear is really good. Then there's the Honda Goldwing, the Cadillac of touring bikes, I've had three of them. An 04, 88 and 2010. The wife still prefers the Harleys, and you know what they say; An unhappy passenger makes for a long day...
    • 81 posts
    October 1, 2013 11:36 AM PDT
    Been looking around the Vic forum for a few monts trying to learn as much as I can and , the biggest problem I see with them is customer service and knowledge from the dealers and MoCo. Plus the dealer network is very small. With those three points it's looking more and more like I stay with HD.
  • October 1, 2013 12:26 PM PDT
     You may wanna look into the resale value of the victories unless you plan on keepin it forever 
  • October 1, 2013 3:45 PM PDT
    The Victory demo truck was just here on Long Island, New York in Riverhead earlier today, with free demo rides all day long on any and all of their 2014 models. I don't know what region you're in or where that 18 wheeler is heading next, but you might want to find out and try a few models that way. I think that somewhere on the Victory website there's a link that will take you to wherever the demo tour is going and when. Although I don't own a Victory, just a mid-sized Honda, I've ridden a few Victory, and I'm impressed. Needless to say demo they've on a fraction of the number of places you can go and find good mechanics and parts, but the plus side that I've heard from a few x- HD people who went Victory, is that they need alot less work done and less frequently on their Victory bikes than they did with their HDs. Good luck, and good safe riding on whatever your next bike might be.
    • 5417 posts
    October 2, 2013 10:29 AM PDT
    Good advice Clutch. Here is the schedule for the Victory Demo Truck....

http://www.victorymotorcycles.com/en-us/2012/test-ride/pages/national-demo-tour.aspx />
    mtncrash1, I see you are in Nebraska and it looks like they will just happen to be in Omaha this weekend. Can't ask for better coincidence than that!!!
    • 81 posts
    October 2, 2013 11:19 AM PDT
    Thanks for the heads up Lucky. The only thing that would be better is if I were in Omaha at the same time. Right now I'm working in Ohio and won't be back that way for another week or three. Good thing is the dealer there told me when I was ready to test ride come on in and they will send me out on one.
    • 81 posts
    October 15, 2013 12:38 PM PDT
    So today was test ride day. I was able to ride a Cross Country Touring a Road King and, a Street Glide. The winner was the a Street Glide. Now just have to wait for the first of the year when the stars and moon will be aligned just right for me. In other words when I have the cash.
    • 81 posts
    December 13, 2013 12:39 AM PST
    After many calls from my salesman and not liking the wait for the first of the year I bought my new scoot yesterday. Met the salesman at the dealership yesterday and signed papers on a new Street Glide Special.
    • 44 posts
    December 13, 2013 12:59 AM PST
    Congratulations ride safe and a great choice
    • 44 posts
    December 13, 2013 1:00 AM PST
    Post some pics
    • 5417 posts
    December 13, 2013 1:26 AM PST
    Congrats on the new bike!!!

Ride Safe...
  • December 13, 2013 2:34 AM PST
    nice have fun
    • 81 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:03 PM PST
    • 81 posts
    December 13, 2013 10:07 PM PST

• December 13, 2013 10:22 PM PST
    Road HD many yrs,went to victory.....never go back to HD! Speed comfort torque as you need it..noooo mechanical issues ever. Very dependable..great company with a great vision.
    • 57 posts
    December 14, 2013 12:33 PM PST
    I know you will enjoy the new bike,we are really liking the Ultra Take Care