Are You Ready for Some Football

• 5417 posts
    September 5, 2013 9:32 AM PDT
    I sure am!!!  It seems like forever since last football season.  The opening game tonight between Denver Broncos and Baltimore Ravens should be a good one.

Still a Payton Manning fan and even though the Broncos didn't do all that well last year, I am looking for them to do real good this year.

• September 5, 2013 11:55 AM PDT
    yea my favorite time of year,got football and nascar going on
  • September 5, 2013 12:19 PM PDT
    In about 12 more minutes
    • 5417 posts
    September 5, 2013 12:57 PM PDT
    I can't start watching until Laura gets home from work. She is the worlds biggest Payton Manning fan so I told her I would record it and watch it with her delayed.
    • 5417 posts
    September 9, 2013 2:07 AM PDT
    Wow, what a great opening week of Football.

Thursday was great, especially if you are a Denver and/or Peyton Manning fan. 7 Touchdown Passes!!!

I switched around from game to game yesterday and almost every game I watched was a good game with a good hard playing ending... of course not all the teams I wanted to win actually won, but they were still good games.

One thing I didn't like was the couple of calls I saw for personal fouls for what wasn't really over the top excessive roughness... this is football for heavens sake. The one that really got me was when Lavonte David was called for a personal foul for his late hit on Geno Smith. He was trying to stop him from getting a first down and started his momentum before Smith went out and even then it was a push on the shoulder, not a hit. Come on guys, lets not turn this into touch or flag football now.

Now the case where Clay Matthews took Colin Kaepernick down hard out of bonce, especially after stating to the press he was going after him, that is the kind of crap the rule was meant to prevent.

• 5417 posts
    September 24, 2013 3:41 AM PDT
    Wow what a weekend of upsets! The great thing was there were a lot of close games won & lost in the 4th quarter to keep them interesting. The team that is really impressing me, that I would have never expected is Seattle. Mna there defense is tough this year... gonna say probably the best in the league right now. Unlike Green Bay who I thought was gonna have a good year, but there defense apparently forgot to practice during the off-season.
    • 5417 posts
    October 8, 2013 6:08 AM PDT
    Biggest spread ever in Pro Football this weekend!!!!

For no team has ever gone into an NFL game as a bigger favorite than the Peyton Manning-led 5-0 Broncos this weekend over the 0-5 Jaguars, with those shrewd sages of Las Vegas setting the points spread at a eye-popping 28 points.

I know we will be at the local bar and Laura will be wearing her #18 Broncos jersey!!!!  Don't think we'll see a whole lot of Jags fans out this weekend.
    • 2685 posts
    October 9, 2013 12:03 AM PDT
    Giants 0-5, I'm so depressed.   
    • 5417 posts
    October 9, 2013 2:50 AM PDT
    Not sure what is going on with the Giants. Eli is playing bad and the defense is doing nothing to help!
    • 844 posts
    October 9, 2013 6:49 AM PDT
    Them Cowboys are looking pretty damn good this year. I have never been a big Tony Romo fan, but I must say this is his best start ever.
  • October 10, 2013 3:57 AM PDT
    Romo's one pick couldn't have come at a better time. First down and fall down -- that is really hard to do that near the goal line. Go Broncos.

Jon
    • 44 posts
    October 10, 2013 4:28 AM PDT
    Ok I gonna open myself up GoTitans I hoping they get it together and do better
    • 3006 posts
    October 10, 2013 6:37 AM PDT
    Got two words for y'all  LOL
    • 277 posts
    October 11, 2013 2:03 AM PDT
    BRONCOS will be 6-0 this Sunday!!!
    • 44 posts
    October 11, 2013 2:17 AM PDT
    I know this is allot about pro ball but let's not forget college let's recap last year Alabama beat Tennessee they fired there coach Alabama beat Auburn they fired there coach Alabama beat Arkansas they fired there coach Alabama beat Notredane and we got a new Pope so how do we get Alabama to play Washington ROLL TIDE GO BAMA
    • 5417 posts
    October 11, 2013 2:39 AM PDT
    Funny. Sounds like it may be just safer to forfit if you have a game against Bama!
  • October 11, 2013 3:10 AM PDT
    I hope Bama isn't on the schedule for the Texans, or maybe I do ?
    • 9 posts
    October 11, 2013 11:13 AM PDT
    Go Peyton!!!
  • October 11, 2013 11:58 AM PDT
    This from a Giants Fan in mourning my niece called me last night a Bears Fan with a joke Knock Knock who's there Owen Owen Who O and 6
    • 5417 posts
    October 15, 2013 3:59 AM PDT
    Guess the Broncos - Jaguars didn't go like everyone expected. I must say the Jags put up one hell of a fight. I think it was a combination of the Jaguars wanting to prove everyone wrong and the Broncos coming out a little too confident!

Can't wait to see Payton go back to play against Indy for the first time this weekend!
    • 844 posts
    October 15, 2013 10:47 AM PDT
    Got to say that even with a 3-3 record Dallas is playing some real good football, just not winning. But I still hate Romo

I wish the Texans were playing better. They need to make some major changes.
    • 2685 posts
    October 17, 2013 6:13 AM PDT
    No I'm just hoping the Giants don't break the 1976 record of 0-9.

And as crazy as this season has been, they are favorites by 3.5 against the Vikings on Monday.
    • 5417 posts
    October 17, 2013 6:58 AM PDT
    Vikings and Giants Monday Night... I'll bet if the network could swap that game for ANY other game to run on Monday night they would !
    • 277 posts
    October 17, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
    What to do? What to do? Watch my Peyton play against his former team or go to The Love Ride?
    • 5417 posts
    October 18, 2013 2:02 AM PDT
    Denver's gonna kick Indy's ass. Now get on the bike and go!