windshield

• July 31, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
    i got a 2000 duece with a windvest windshield i like it works ok its 14" wide i'm going on a 4000 mile trip and was wondering if its worth buying the big 21" wide windshield does it make that big of a difference? i want to be as comfortable as possible for the long rides don't care what it looks like what do you guys think roll with what i got or buy the big one?
    • 5419 posts
    July 31, 2013 10:24 AM PDT
    I would think it would make a pretty big difference myself. I have the stock 22" windshield on my road king and it builds a pocket around me. So it depends on whether you just want to keep the wind off you face or be totally protected from wind and rain. I can ride in the rain with mine and the upper part of me stays completely dry.

The only downfall is in high heat when you want a little more wind. I am seriously thinking about installing an open and close vent on mine.
  • July 31, 2013 10:28 AM PDT
    Thanks for the input I like the sound of the pocket
  • January 26, 2015 6:46 AM PST
     Let us know if we can be of assistance 

• 19007 posts
    January 28, 2015 12:12 AM PST

• 0 posts
    February 3, 2015 5:33 PM PST
    While were on this subject Ive got some windscreen issues on my 13 streetglide. The stock windscreen leaves me with a face full of wind. I bought a Memphis shades 8 and a half inch screen with the kickback on the top. Its a friggin night mare when trying to pass trucks or in a crosswind. When you get into the wind passing a truck it starts weaving and pulling the front around to the extent that it gets bloody scarey. Im 6 foot and need something thats gonna keep the wind of my large head. What are yall using on streetglides and the likes? Cheers BOOF