OCC

• 16795 posts
    July 31, 2013 5:23 AM PDT
    I see OCC will be back on TV, this time on the CMT netwerk, at first I thought it was a joke.

http://cmtpress.com/pressreleases/details.cfm?PressReleaseID=1000961 />
    • 5419 posts
    July 31, 2013 5:26 AM PDT
    Isn't CMT Country Music Television?
    • 16795 posts
    July 31, 2013 5:29 AM PDT
    Yes it is my friend. :-)
  • July 31, 2013 5:30 AM PDT
    maybe they'll build a bike for Honey Boo Boo...the BooBoo Trike.....or the Laffing Devils will be called to retrieve one that's not paid for....either way, I'm sure it will be a season or arguing.
    • 16795 posts
    July 31, 2013 5:38 AM PDT
    I want a show now. :-) It could be called recycle cycle.
    The only drawbacks would be I don't throw things, I don't blame anybody but me, and it would take 4 or more seasons to complete one bike. :-)
  • July 31, 2013 5:46 AM PDT
    that was suppose to say..."of arguing!" Yeah, I could make an hour episode of me sitting there staring at the bike talking to myself!.....
    • 5419 posts
    July 31, 2013 10:15 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    I want a show now. :-) It could be called recycle cycle.
    The only drawbacks would be I don't throw things, I don't blame anybody but me, and it would take 4 or more seasons to complete one bike. :-)

I know you were joking John, but I would love to see a reality show where they followed a couple home garage bike builders through a project.  Finding parts, making do with what you got and bringing all together.

Of course after a few shows the producer would have to add all kinds of drama like the wife yelling cause you spend too much time in the garage, the neighbors coming over and throwing shit around cause your making too much noise, you going to jail for cutting a piece off your neighbors wrought iron fence for a sissy bar, etc, etc.

• 16795 posts
    July 31, 2013 5:15 PM PDT
    How did you know about the neighbors wrought iron fence? ;-)
  • August 2, 2013 6:24 PM PDT
    I would tune into watching someone building bikes in their own garage all day long. They always lose my interest when they bust out the half million dollar cnc machines to make parts that me and all my friends can't afford. Old school by hand is always the preferred method for me.
    • 3006 posts
    August 4, 2013 6:53 AM PDT
    LMAO Rev
    I would enjoy a real garage motorcycle build from the ground up
    with real time information on the techniques,parts n costs on a project.

When I was abt 9-10,my neighbors Dad built one of those kit airplanes
    in his garage.He flew it once n it crashed,he barely walked away,he spent a few days in the hospital
    The plane was trashed !!! Still I learned a lot about airplane mechanics watching him build it & set my heart on having my own motorcycle someday or building one in the garage if need be!!!
    • 5419 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:21 AM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    I would tune into watching someone building bikes in their own garage all day long. They always lose my interest when they bust out the half million dollar cnc machines to make parts that me and all my friends can't afford. Old school by hand is always the preferred method for me.

I got no problem with a company using all the latest equipment to build bikes since there is a market for these high-end theme bikes and customs for the rich and famous.  Just don't have any interest in watching it on a weekly TV show.  I would much rather watch people pounding metal with a hammer or using and english wheel for hours to get a piece just right.  Kind of like the first season of American Chopper when they were in the small hands on shop, or the biker build off shows.

• 5419 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:24 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    I see OCC will be back on TV, this time on the CMT netwerk, at first I thought it was a joke.

http://cmtpress.com/pressreleases/details.cfm?PressReleaseID=1000961

So now that it is going to be on Country Music TV, anyone want to take bets as to which country music star the first build will be for???

• 16795 posts
    August 5, 2013 2:33 PM PDT
    Probably for one who won't really ride it. ;-)
    • 44 posts
    August 6, 2013 4:01 AM PDT
    My bet is custom mini chopper for Kenny Chesnny
    • 1855 posts
    August 6, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
    Country singers? Really? They still have those?
    • 5419 posts
    August 6, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...

Does riding it on to a stage with feet dragging count. 
    That is about as far as 99% of the OCC bikes ever get ridden.

• 0 posts
    August 6, 2013 9:50 PM PDT
    Craigo and I were joking about a web cam down at the shop...I reckon we could pull a network in with some of the bloody miracles we perform..A beer sponsor would jump at us too....CHEERS BOOF
    • 5419 posts
    August 14, 2013 11:27 AM PDT
    You should put a cam in the shop and post the videos... Unless you think it might scare off customers
    • 16795 posts
    August 14, 2013 4:32 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...

Does riding it on to a stage with feet dragging count. 
    That is about as far as 99% of the OCC bikes ever get ridden.

Just the ergonomics and contortioned positions of their handlebars and foot placement, wouldn't even make good around town riding.

• August 28, 2013 5:02 AM PDT
    Yeah, more yelling and screaming and throwing stuff with an occasional motorcycle