Which band?

• 544 posts
    July 8, 2013 4:47 AM PDT
    If you were taking a trip on your bike and could only listen to one band who would it be?  My choice; AC/DC.
    • 16795 posts
    July 8, 2013 4:50 AM PDT
    Grateful Dead would be my choice.
    • 5419 posts
    July 8, 2013 5:00 AM PDT
    I like a little harder rock than normal when I ride, so I would go with AC/DC too
    • 1 posts
    July 8, 2013 5:00 AM PDT
    I couldn't choose just one so I would have to take a different trip.

• 3006 posts
    July 8, 2013 5:27 AM PDT
    Doobie Brothers
    • 44 posts
    July 8, 2013 7:46 AM PDT
    Lynyrd Skynyrd for sure I am just a "Simple Man" Free As a Bird might stop and pick up Curtis Lowe
  • July 8, 2013 7:53 AM PDT
    Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    • 314 posts
    July 8, 2013 8:24 AM PDT
    speedyre wrote...
    Lynyrd Skynyrd for sure I am just a "Simple Man" Free As a Bird might stop and pick up Curtis Lowe

Same here

• July 8, 2013 8:55 AM PDT
    AC/DC...THUNDERSTRUCK!
  • July 8, 2013 9:35 AM PDT
    Kid Rock
    • 1855 posts
    July 8, 2013 11:17 AM PDT
    Sorry (I guess) to say that I don't listen to music when riding or driving. It's always been a distraction to me for some reason or another. And, I particularly don't like riding with someone who has the stereo blasting; the presumption that "everyone" likes his taste in music. However, put all that aside and I prefer Dan Fogelburg; mostly for his guitar work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYFVEB4j6zI
    • 10 posts
    July 8, 2013 11:57 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    Sorry (I guess) to say that I don't listen to music when riding or driving. It's always been a distraction to me for some reason or another. And, I particularly don't like riding with someone who has the stereo blasting; the presumption that "everyone" likes his taste in music. However, put all that aside and I prefer Dan Fogelburg; mostly for his guitar work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYFVEB4j6zI
    I don't like music when I ride. I like to listen to my bike and "melt" into the road. If I did not have to stop for fuel or take a leak, on a long open road I just relax and smile.
    • 567 posts
    July 8, 2013 12:51 PM PDT
    I'm voting for Grand Funk Railroad.
  • July 8, 2013 3:46 PM PDT
    I like all of your choices. I guess it would depend on my mood. Some bands I love that have lots of songs I enjoy listening to are Skynyrd, Doobie Bros., Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, etc. Maybe a different band for each long trip :-)
    • 79 posts
    July 8, 2013 4:42 PM PDT
    If i could only choose one I would have to go with Ozzy.Including the sabbath years
    • 19007 posts
    July 8, 2013 10:54 PM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...

Hey Jimmy when I discoverd his High Country Snows Album I became a follower. 

I could not limit my choice. The bike road song mix on my mp3 is over 300 songs and no more than two of any one group / artist. But if forced to I'd go with 

The Outlaws

• July 8, 2013 11:20 PM PDT
    Black Sabbath or Mettallica but you might catch me rockin Johnny Cash or Elvis too!!
    • 544 posts
    July 9, 2013 1:52 AM PDT
    It seems that most of you like to rock out while on your bikes. Keep a rockin!
    • 3006 posts
    July 9, 2013 5:16 AM PDT
    Never had the desire to hear tunes while riding though it could be nice on a really long distance ride w/ear plugs.Usually wear ear plugs for long rides anyway.

The Hollister rally had some top of the line sound systems on display for every sort of bagger,n the sound they put out was phenomenal !!! Still not my cup of fun,& used to listening to the road,n the music would be distracting.
  • July 9, 2013 5:29 AM PDT
    David and Steve Gordon.

:)

Most of the time I don't listen to anything but the road when I ride, but I have put on the earphones and used an MP3 player or my phone to listen to music.

Poison, Ozzy, Charlie Daniels, Allison Krauss, Alice Cooper, Dwight Yoakam, Rob Zombie, Shane McGowan could all be in the running if vocals were a must... Tori Amos... Alanah Myles... Love to hear women sing...  Ooooh, Moxy Fruvus... Richard Cheese...  Weird Al!!!
    • 846 posts
    July 9, 2013 6:35 AM PDT
    There were some great bands so far, I don't listen to music on the ride but if I have to go with one. It would Clapton for the range of music he's done.

Other wish if you looked at my MP3 it would have a eclectic mix of music on it. With some of the bands so far listed and more.
    • 1516 posts
    July 9, 2013 8:53 AM PDT
    Who else?
    • 57 posts
    July 9, 2013 9:15 AM PDT
    The Stones or maybe Steppenwolf
    • 3 posts
    July 9, 2013 2:40 PM PDT
    Not a band but a person - MeatLoaf
  • December 23, 2013 10:05 AM PST
    I don't listen to music while I ride because I get to distracted by the music,but if I did it would have to be AC/DC