Your Most Memorable "Missed" Kodak Moment

• 3006 posts
    June 22, 2013 7:55 AM PDT
    We all have them or most likely know of some that are even more priceless as memorys.

Like the time my older brother pantsed my older sister on the beach one summer,n just about died laughing & caught plenty of hell myself for laughing at it.
    A "Kodak" moment

Or the time my buddy punched a hole in his inflatable raft coming down thru river rapids,n promptly sank with all 5 passengers aboard ,rite past our campground area, all were safe n arrived ashore just a little damper for the experience  another time I wished I had a camera for the looks on their faces when they realized they were sinking !!!
  • June 22, 2013 8:25 AM PDT
    Uh..your older brother did 'what'(?) to your older sister?
    • 3006 posts
    June 22, 2013 9:24 AM PDT
    yeah he was not a well adjusted child n sometimes the battle of the sexes got downrite crazee
    she had her swimsuit on underneath,yet it was really comical,she acted like she had been exposed to te whole world.what cant you think any of yourself?
    • 9 posts
    June 22, 2013 10:37 AM PDT
    Or...how 'bout the time, my Four-foot nuthin', Korean Aunt, knocked my "big bear" of a Six-Foot Man, (My Daddy) right on his ass!!!
    That was just too damn, funny, and I don't care who ya are...lmfao

(note to all...DYNAMITE Comes in SMALL PKG'S...lol)

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 5417 posts
    June 23, 2013 2:39 AM PDT
    One I really wish I had a picture of was years back when I took my oldest son to the L.A. Auto show. He was about 12 or 13 at the time and we were walking outside the convention center in a very large crowd when three of the models walked by - two were wearing VERY short, VERY tight fitting little dresses and one a pair of tight shorts and a shirt knotted in the front. Well my son walked straight into a street sign and knocked himself dizzy falling to the ground. Being the great father I am I could not even get out the words "are you okay" because I was laughing so damn hard.
    • 1 posts
    June 23, 2013 3:16 AM PDT
    Okay not mine but my friends said "DAMN! Wheres a camera when you need one!" This was a very long time ago... Back when me and thw Wooly man was just dating. My firiends and me was going on a weekend canoe trip it was all planned. Doing a lasy little river that really takes no real canoe skills. Any way when Wooly and I get there all my friends were having some kind of PMS break down, they was all fighting so Wooly and I was kind of was sticking to our selves trying to stay out of the line of fire... after day one everyone was drinking and still fighting so more rapid fire to stay out of... Day two trip is almost over, as this was a really easy canoe trip I was kind of laid back in the front with a foot handing out both sides of the canoe. drink in one hand, cig in the other ( that was when I still smoked) Next thing I know Wooly yells to lean hard right... So I did just as I did I went flipping out of canoe... landed both feet in the river, right side up with drink and cig still in hand with the WTF look on my face as Wooly went gliding past me...lol
    • 1 posts
    June 26, 2013 12:46 PM PDT
    took my son to his first outlaw bike show..he was all eyes..and stuck his grubby little fingers over every shiny surface he could find. Standing talking to the clubs president, and my son pulls on his trouser leg..looking him squarely in the eye..He says..I'm going to have your job one day! ThePresident looked around and yelled who owns this kid? I said he's mine...the President roared with laughter...My son walked off..and proceeded to touch everything once more...
    • 3006 posts
    August 13, 2013 6:51 PM PDT
    Had a good one today,wished I had my camera.Guy pulls up to the red light on my right,sitting on a nice softtail,with a full face helmet on,n his cell phone shoved into it,over his ear.He is yelling at someone on the cell,the scoot dies,he starts rolling backwards thru traffic.Another couple by me saw it & were laughing too.He had her runnin again in a second,yet his look when he rolled back was funny.
    • 3006 posts
    January 8, 2016 6:29 AM PST
    Another missed "Kodak "moment here
    A couple of days ago I was taking out the trash and happened to hear some noise coming from the neighbors yard. I glance over the fence and see the neighbors Schnauzer dog riding their cat up against the sliding glass door on their back porch. The cat wasn't too happy about it yet did not put up any fight other than keep clawing at the window hoping for some one to rescue her. First time and I hope the last time I ever see that) !!!
    • 84 posts
    January 8, 2016 7:43 PM PST
    Flying along a river low level in West Africa back in the 90s and came upon a group of about 5 elephants the noise scared off the river. It was before digital cameras, I was solo and there was no way I could get my film SLR ready and take a one handed picture while flying before the elephants had scattered. Missed my only chance to get wild, free elephants in their environment.

Flew those rivers 6 years. Came back with hundreds of photos of life and animals but can always remember hundreds of missed opportunities. If only we had digital back then..................
    • 4 posts
    January 9, 2016 5:58 AM PST
    Coming down thru Custer Park & literally was Stopped by a Herd of Buffalo crossing...had me surrounded, i was my own lil island with Critters moving by Right Next To Me...coulda touched em....i can member Sending Out Nice Thoughts.....Good Buffalo....Nice Buffalo...
    Def was a sphincter tightening momemt or six...then I hit the Hopper Hatch heading east across S.Dak....
    Its all about the wind!
    • 16795 posts
    January 12, 2016 4:19 AM PST
    It's was some years back.
    I had a bike entered in the Cleveland Autorama in Cleveland Ohio.
    One of the "Stars" in attendance was customizer Ed "Big Daddy" Roth (R.I.P.).
    We got to talking and hit it right off, and he my wife and I hung around together when he was not signing books or photos.
    Deb did get a couple of photos of us, one of which he put his trademark top hat on my head.
    When we got the photos back from being developed is when we discovered the camera had took a dump and only the first two photos she took earlier in the weekend came out not the ones of Mr. Roth and myself.
    • 467 posts
    January 13, 2016 1:42 AM PST
    I had a moment this last summer that I wish I had had another video camera for the toe of my left boot! Coming down the Tail of the Dragon in one of the curves, I was high in the corner going right and coming at me on a Suzuki high in the corner going left were two young people that decided it was a perfect time to lean deep and run their hands along the center line. There was a picture station right there. I'm sure they thought it would be a cool pic. I guess they didn't count on me reaching the corner at the same time....I ran over the passengers hand....too her credit, they kept going and did not miss a beat. In the video I have from the headlight mount, you can tell how close they were but I still wish I had been able to get a better look at her face when that happened. Don't know if anything was broken in her hand, but I imagine that it could not have felt good!
  • January 13, 2016 9:50 AM PST
    Last April I was on a early Sunday morning ride on my Heritage going north on Natchez Trace headed to Nashville Tn when I was tackled by a Doe she tried to jump me but hit me head first, in the left side of my rib cage. I was knocked free of my scooter around 50 mph to the right slid down a grass bank I looked to the left there was my bike at the bottom of the bank to my right was the DOE DEAD after checking to see if I was hurt I stood up picked up my bike checked it out it was minor damage the highway bar did its job by that time the DOE was still lying there so I checked her out apparently she broke her neck on impact I rode up the embankment back on the trace south bound back to my house my ride was over for that day Two months later the mean green machine rolled out of my shop a beautiful Black Pearl I learned my lesson never ride a green scooter (its bad luck)