Prayers Please.

• June 19, 2013 1:12 PM PDT
    On 6-20-2013 I make a trip to the oncologist for the first visit requested by my GP. No real friends or family here. Just in need of some kind of support, prayers……….scared half out of my mind and no one to talk with. Help? Please?
    • 57 posts
    June 19, 2013 1:59 PM PDT
    Hope the Dr. visit turns out to be nothing Best of Luck tomorrow
    • 9 posts
    June 19, 2013 2:09 PM PDT
    Just sent a friend request with a private message. Get in touch, K?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 44 posts
    June 19, 2013 2:31 PM PDT
    Hope your Doctors visit goes well Prayers on your way
  • June 19, 2013 4:41 PM PDT
    You have mine shortie. I pray that every thing will turn out fine. You will find plenty of support on this site. Some of the finest people in the world on here. You can count on them. God bless.
    • 16798 posts
    June 19, 2013 4:47 PM PDT
    May God bless you with good news.
  • June 19, 2013 8:00 PM PDT

You have my prayers as well,Shorty.
  • June 19, 2013 8:26 PM PDT
    Our thoughts and prayers are on the way. Keep us all posted and I'm sure their is a member on here who can speak from experience and maybe answer some questions you might have. Keep your spirits up Brother!!
    • 19007 posts
    June 19, 2013 10:11 PM PDT
    Being a cancer survivor for over 35 years I can say from personal experience. Keep your head up, deal with what happens. And I am hoping for the best possible news.
  • June 20, 2013 1:39 PM PDT
    Wow. I had hoped for one or maybe two to talk wit. WOW! You guys ROCK! What can I say, just knowing you guys were there made a bad night, a lot better.Thank you.

The biopsy is done.........now I just wait, and hope. I'll be fine I am sure, but I will know for sure this week. I can deal with this, with God and you guys behind me........thanks. I'll post more when I know more.
    • 44 posts
    June 20, 2013 2:19 PM PDT
    Prayers are still coming your way
  • June 20, 2013 2:26 PM PDT
    Still behind you buddy 100%. We'll keep on praying right there with ya.
  • June 21, 2013 9:13 AM PDT
    Good luck Shortie hope all turns out ok for you.
  • June 21, 2013 10:47 AM PDT
    OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU SHORTIE,BEST OF LUCK
  • June 21, 2013 2:54 PM PDT
    Thanks guys. Just knowing you are here somehow makes this a lot easier. The road is calling me to clear my head for a while tomorrow morning. I'm going to ride until I get tired, then stop for the rest of the day. Maybe I'll make the hill ride again, maybe the beach. I'm going to get up, check the wind....and roll out whichever way it is blowing.
  • June 21, 2013 4:36 PM PDT
    Ride safely buddy. Have yourself a good relaxing ride!
  • June 21, 2013 9:20 PM PDT

Riding Between The Storms

Ex 14:19 And the angel of God, which went before the camp of Israel, removed and went behind them; and the pillar of the cloud went from before their face, and stood behind them: 20 And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night.

We have all been out on those rides, enjoying our day when the unexpected happens and the storm of the century comes out of nowhere. With our destination planned, we begin looking for a way to get there while avoiding the storm.

The other day while riding home from work a similar situation happened to me. I looked off in the distance and saw what looked like a gap between two very strong storm fronts. I chose to race to the gap, make my turn toward home and ride between the storm.

Had I gone too fast, I would have been in a strong thunderstorm that would have been dangerous on a bike. If I allowed fear to take hold and simply pull over I would have been overtaken by the other approaching storm.

What did I do? I chose to simply to ride at the storms pace. When I reached my final destination I could see evidence of the heavy storm that had just gone through before me. My family expected me to walk in the door wet and storm ridden. When I walked in almost completely dry they could hardly believe it.

I rode at the storms pace and all was fine. I began to think how much that is like our life sometime. There may be terrible storms all around us but we must avoid trying to go too fast and get ahead of God's provision. We can not allow fear to take hold and simply pull over. We can not pull over to the side of the road and do nothing. If we go to fast we can crash, if we react in fear we can be overtaken by the storm.

I encourage you today to simply go at the pace God has set for your life. Trust him to get you to your assigned destination. It is ok to talk with Him. He is listening.

• June 21, 2013 9:33 PM PDT
    Shortie I'm the BeastRacks guy. I had throat cancer and 35 treatments of radiation, and beat it. I will include you in my prayers. I will have a mass said for you on Sun at church. I will pray that the biopsy comes back clear. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.
    Richard.
  • June 27, 2013 4:52 AM PDT
    "Great!" The Doctor wants me back in his office Monday.
  • June 27, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
    We'll still be here with you Monday Shortie! We won't leave you buddy.
    • 44 posts
    June 27, 2013 7:27 AM PDT
    Shortie we are all still praying for you!!! the Lord has put us all here for a reson and in his arms all thing are posible so hang in there and put you faith in God and he will get you through this.He promises smooth sailing but the seas may be rough at times. We are All here for you should you need us
    • 3006 posts
    June 27, 2013 7:42 AM PDT
    Stay positive whatever the outcome.Sending good thoughts & prayers your way
  • June 30, 2013 4:18 PM PDT
    Prayer sent up for ya for God's peace which surpasses all understanding and a good Dr's report. You'll find this to be a great site with some people who really care.
  • June 30, 2013 4:32 PM PDT
    We're thinking about you Shortie. Hang in there brother.
  • July 1, 2013 11:39 AM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    Prayer sent up for ya for God's peace which surpasses all understanding and a good Dr's report. You'll find this to be a great site with some people who really care.

Yep! You guys have all been great. I'm resting up tonight after the doctor today. Oh joy..the fun begins! (edited because I still can't spell!)

But I know that with God all things are possible. It's going to be OK.