Lucky and Laura Crash Details

• June 25, 2013 1:55 PM PDT
    Keep the faith Lucky! I am happy to hear you and Laura are on the mend. You are both still in our prayers.
    • 5419 posts
    July 3, 2013 6:59 AM PDT
    Okay I have never spent this much time not being able to go out and do stuff, and I am officially going stir crazy now

Yesterday I found myself putting crumbs in the microwave to get a fly to go in there so I could slam the door and see what would happen to a fly in flight if I turned on the microwave. No luck so far so I put a little puddle of coffee in there today since they are always attracted to my coffee cup... Results to follow

Thinking I need a hobby!!!!
    • 44 posts
    July 3, 2013 7:05 AM PDT
    LMFAOLucky let us all know how that all works out Might be a good trick for our next family get together
    • 3006 posts
    July 3, 2013 7:31 AM PDT
    Yep thats stir crazy boredom rite there !!! LOL maybe you will get a mini bug party goin in the microwave,pour some beer out,that will atrract them for sure!! LOL
    • 1516 posts
    July 3, 2013 9:15 AM PDT
    OMG.. a bug in the microwave.. you are bored.. guess you need a new bike you won't fall off of.. hehhehehe (Yeah I know I can out run ya!!)
    • 5419 posts
    July 4, 2013 3:55 AM PDT
    Funny Deb. You may be able to out run me now... but I never forget!!!

No flies yet. I think I need new bait!
  • July 4, 2013 6:24 AM PDT
    THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS FOR YOU TWO
  • July 5, 2013 1:15 AM PDT
    Been out of the loop for a while for various reasons. Sorry to hear bout the upset. Best news is that you are both OK and on the mend. A bike can always be replaced......one of you can't.Both of ya heal up quick!!!
    • 85 posts
    July 5, 2013 5:00 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear about your crash, but glad to hear you guys are OK and mending. I know a lot of folks hate wearing a helmet, but aint yall glad you had one on! Best wishes, hope to see ya on the road soon. Im not real sure what to say about frying flies in the nuke box! lol
    • 5419 posts
    July 5, 2013 5:57 AM PDT
    Thanks all. Yep, I hate wearing a helmet too, but I do... as I said I have worn a helmet for 35 years just for these 20 seconds I needed it.

Still haven't got the fly in the microwave... may have to look for a new experiment to keep me busy
    • 834 posts
    July 5, 2013 7:45 PM PDT
    Glad to see you are in good spirits!
  • July 6, 2013 4:53 AM PDT
    Speedy recovery!! Went to the rally yesterday....perfect weather! what a nice break from the triple digits we have been having here in Oakhurst. There sure were a lot of people in attendance! The atmosphere was peaceful, friendly no BS while we were in town. Made a stop at Corbin for the mini rallyGood day for us! Hope you an yer honey heal quickly.... try a small piece of watermelon in the micro flies love that stuff! Tamara
    • 5419 posts
    July 13, 2013 6:51 AM PDT
    My motorcycle is coming home tomorrow!!!

Our good friends DebraJo & Richard picked it up the day after the accident and have been keeping it at their house up ion Waterford for us. My son is heading up there tomorrow to pick it up.

I know I can't ride it yet, but it will be sure nice to see the Road King back in his own garage!
    • 314 posts
    July 13, 2013 7:45 AM PDT
    How exciting!
    • 1364 posts
    July 13, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
    Family reunion time...............
    • 19007 posts
    July 14, 2013 3:43 AM PDT
    highrisk wrote...
    Family reunion time...............

well said Jeff

• 5419 posts
    July 15, 2013 5:53 AM PDT
     Bike all packed up at DebraJo's.  First time ever on a trailer
  • July 15, 2013 7:44 AM PDT
    Just saw this post...glad u both r good n recovering.....hope u r fit to ride in a few days
    Stay Safe
    • 44 posts
    July 15, 2013 2:25 PM PDT
    Looks like your baby is coming home
    • 834 posts
    July 16, 2013 2:48 AM PDT
    So now you got the bike home. How does it look? When will you be riding?
    • 5419 posts
    July 16, 2013 9:13 AM PDT
    Az, No damage on the bike at all except for the front and rear crash bars worn down where they slid and one mirror is wobbly.

Not sure when I will be riding. I say I am ready to go. Doctor says 3 more weeks. And Laura says I can ride until I go an entire day without saying ow when I move wrong or step to hard.
  • July 16, 2013 9:33 AM PDT
    Glad to see you're both okay, and making good of a bad situation. Earned your name! Remember, from now on, the shiny side goes up, and the dirty side goes down!
    • 1516 posts
    July 16, 2013 10:33 AM PDT
    Glad the Cyclefishmobile made it home safe.Hope to see you two sooner than later
    • 5419 posts
    July 17, 2013 8:53 AM PDT
    Just got back from Laura's first Physical Therapy session and the results were really positive. They say she should be able to start walking her right foot as soon as the end of the month!!!
    • 1516 posts
    July 17, 2013 10:36 AM PDT
    Great news.. bet she is excited.. Longest month of her life..

I do still laugh though about when we went out of the hospital like escapees from the mental ward.. in gowns and bracelets...lol sorry, just the visual is still there...lol