Lucky and Laura Crash Details

• 5417 posts
    July 17, 2013 10:42 AM PDT
    Yep that was great. We should have gotten a picture since we looked so damn good!!!

Then we wore them on the ride from your house back down here. We stopped at a gas station/convenience store off 99 in the middle of nowhere and hobbled in wearing our hospital gowns.
    • 44 posts
    July 17, 2013 2:24 PM PDT
    Glad to hear every thing is going well remember no pain no gain Tell Laura not to over do it as for you have you sat on the bike yet I bet you have couldnt resist could you LoL good luck
    • 277 posts
    July 21, 2013 3:49 AM PDT
    Doctor says one more week and I can try walking! YES! Hopping around with a walker is no fun, but my arms are toned...the only exercise I've done in the last 5 weeks! Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers!
    • 57 posts
    July 21, 2013 6:25 AM PDT
    Hi Laura, Thats Great news,Glad too hear you are recovering so quickly, take it slow and easy and you will be dancing before you know it. Ron said earlier that you both may be looking for new Full Face Helmets my Wife loves her Nolan 104 modular nice and lite anyway Take Care Good Luck
    • 611 posts
    July 26, 2013 11:09 AM PDT
    Well, that is good news from the Top! Now, no mud wrestling dammit! Well, at least until you can go all day without sayin "Ouch!" Laura... heheh
    Y'all know this as well as I do "To heal a bike takes money and parts. To heal your body, takes time and Heart!"
    So glad that y'all are letting us all know about your progress and recovery.
    Did you ever catch a fly Lucky? Curious if they 'pop' like a lil mini-balloon...
    Edgeman
  • July 28, 2013 6:54 PM PDT
    Sorry I did not see this sooner ,glad to read that all is well, .recovery is slow and don't rush back it could get worse.

This should give you time to respond to more Email's etc. from ALL your adoring fans,lol.
  • July 29, 2013 7:55 AM PDT
    Glad to see the both of you still able to function, and will recover.
    Gods speed in your recovery
    Night Dragon
    • 5417 posts
    August 5, 2013 4:31 AM PDT
    Well I really though about going for a ride this weekend, but the ankle is still a bit sore at times and I really don't want to have to worry about not being able to hold the bike up with my right leg if I have to.

Laura is doing GREAT and walking around with just a cane and sometimes very slowly with no help at all. She is still going to physical therapy and they say a few more weeks before she is walking regularly. She is going back to work next Monday and pretty excited about that.
    • 846 posts
    August 5, 2013 5:57 AM PDT
    Glad to here the mending for both of you is going well. It will be soon enough that your riding again. Thanks for keeping us up to date on your progress.
  • August 19, 2013 4:08 AM PDT
    So glad both of you are on the mend. Looking forward to seeing the 2 of you at the Downed Biker Rally in October. We are going to have some SMOKING music and great food provided by Five Loaves and Two Fish.
  • August 19, 2013 7:36 AM PDT
    I'm new here...but sure glad to hear y'all came out alive and kicking.
    Best wishes lucky!!!
    • 5417 posts
    August 19, 2013 7:42 AM PDT
    Thanks Koach... and welcome to the site.
    • 5417 posts
    August 19, 2013 7:45 AM PDT
    ffletch wrote...
    So glad both of you are on the mend. Looking forward to seeing the 2 of you at the Downed Biker Rally in October. We are going to have some SMOKING music and great food provided by Five Loaves and Two Fish.

Thanks Frank, We will definitely be there and we hope EVERYONE else here in So Cal will join us.

Here is the info on the event... http://www.cyclefish.com/event/22068/ - anyone who wnats to ride up with us, we will be meeting at Cook's Corner between 8am and 9am

• 580 posts
    August 21, 2013 9:30 AM PDT
    Glad you're both well on the way to recovery. Hugs
    • 5417 posts
    August 21, 2013 2:48 PM PDT

JUST GOT BACK FROM MY FIRST RIDE SINCE JUNE 9TH!!!!

• 3006 posts
    August 21, 2013 3:34 PM PDT
    Congrats on making a full recovery & getting back in the saddle again!!! This is good news Yay !!!!!
    • 846 posts
    August 22, 2013 4:27 AM PDT
    Glad to hear your back in the saddle and wind. How the recovery coming for both of you?
    • 5417 posts
    August 22, 2013 6:55 AM PDT
    I'm doing great Chaz, thank you. Felt as good as ever on the bike.

Laura is still going to physical therapy and gonna be a while before she is back on the bike. The biggest thing is to work on ways to get on and off the bike making sure it doesn't bother the bad ankle. We are going to start working on that in a couple of weeks.
    • 86 posts
    August 22, 2013 11:48 AM PDT
    Wow, I've been out of touch for a while. Glad you two are okay.
  • August 23, 2013 1:42 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

JUST GOT BACK FROM MY FIRST RIDE SINCE JUNE 9TH!!!!

So do you have a new picture of your wife all better?  That picture on the first post doesn't make her look good at all

• 15 posts
    August 23, 2013 3:03 PM PDT
    Didn't see this until tonight. Need to pay more attention. Glad ya'll are progressing well on the recovery and it was no worse. My wife busted her ankle in a car wreck, took 6 months before she could get on and off the bike. It does create problems.
    Glad you got in a ride, idle time sucks.
    • 834 posts
    November 1, 2013 6:15 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Okay I have never spent this much time not being able to go out and do stuff, and I am officially going stir crazy now

Yesterday I found myself putting crumbs in the microwave to get a fly to go in there so I could slam the door and see what would happen to a fly in flight if I turned on the microwave. No luck so far so I put a little puddle of coffee in there today since they are always attracted to my coffee cup... Results to follow

Thinking I need a hobby!!!!

I know you guys are pretty much healed and I am glad to hear that, but you never did get back to us on the results of the fly in the microwave!

• 5417 posts
    November 1, 2013 6:49 AM PDT
    Never did catch the fly in the microwave. I think I'll try again though :-)
    • 611 posts
    November 18, 2013 4:44 PM PST
    All good things come to those that RIDE! Tis a good thing to see the update, how is Laura progressing and are you thinking about the Redwood Run? lol
    All good thoughts and feelings are coming y'all's way... as always.
    Edge
    • 5417 posts
    November 19, 2013 2:30 AM PST
    Thanks Edge!!!