How do you say it?

• June 11, 2013 9:28 AM PDT
    So do you say motor cycle?..... with the y being pronounced as a hard I.....or........ mota-sicle....like popcicle?
    • 1 posts
    June 11, 2013 9:40 AM PDT
    I say motor cycle and I say bicycle as bi sicle instead of bi cycle
  • June 11, 2013 5:43 PM PDT
    I say motor cycle, Pop not Soda, car ml not carra-mel, loyer not law-yer and pee-khan not pee-can.
    • 19007 posts
  • June 12, 2013 6:51 AM PDT
    That is interesting...

Motor Cycle but Bi Sickle.... hmm..

crawfish or crawdad or mudbug.

sweet carbonated beverage?
    Cola or the brand name or DP, Pibb, Nehi, 'Dew....
        ( btw - Mr. Pibb is no longer made.  Any Pibb now is named Pibb Xtra. )

where several roads meet in a circle?
    Fruit Loop. ( proves most people don't comprehend what 'yield to your left' means )

a big road you drive fast on? Interstate. Although I like the pictures definition of Freeway vs. Highway as a highway can have traffic lights and stops, etc. I think if the road is "Interstate 20" then it is an interstate. If the road is "Highway 18" then its a highway. I've never seen a "Freeway 12," although I have seen the "G.W. Tollway."
  • June 12, 2013 11:28 AM PDT
    I am G.R.I.T.S ( girl raised in the south) and I say motor cycle, bi sickle, hey y'all not you all, ain't, and a lot of other choice words
    • 1 posts
    June 12, 2013 11:51 AM PDT
    This looks like a new sorta game goinonhear
    • 57 posts
    June 12, 2013 1:48 PM PDT
    Do you say Lunch or Dinner both are at noon
  • June 12, 2013 11:23 PM PDT
    most times i'll say...mota sickle...just a hick thing and it goes against the grain of some people.... Lunch or dinner...most times dinner is in the middle of the day...unless you're at work...at work it's lunch...the last meal of the day is SUPPER...always has been..always will be....
  • June 13, 2013 12:23 AM PDT
    I've always called it "my scooter!"...but, with that being said and the fact that I am a born and bred southern boy...I will use the term "mota sickle!"
  • June 13, 2013 12:24 AM PDT
  • June 13, 2013 5:59 AM PDT
    Nuttin to be sorry about Mac..... mota sicle just rolls offn da tongue much easier than mo-tor-cy-cle.... and sometimes you can just see the expression wash across someone's face when you say it...and you know what they're  thinkin....."Gawd...whatta hick"..... I'd rather be underestimated than over....gives me the advantage....
  • June 13, 2013 6:16 AM PDT
    Cool map Rex..... I've never heard it called anything but "man-aze"....and since I was a kid it's been "the devil's beatin his wife"
    • 1516 posts
    June 13, 2013 7:35 AM PDT
    Motorcycle..I say lots of other words incorrectly. or should I say Uniquely
  • June 13, 2013 7:55 AM PDT
    Hunter55 wrote...
    Do you say Lunch or Dinner both are at noon

I was born in LA ... Lower Alabama.  I grew up in Mississippi 17 miles from the nearest town (not big enough to be a city).  Going to the store for a cold cola usually involved walking across at least two trees that had fallen across the creek.  I still live in Mississippi.

Lunch is around noon, sometimes eaten in the woods or in the field.  Dinner (or Supper if you're gonna have to sing for it) is after the sun goes down and is eaten indoors.

• 2 posts
    June 13, 2013 1:42 PM PDT
    mac117 wrote...
    I've always called it "my scooter!"...but, with that being said and the fact that I am a born and bred southern boy...I will use the term "mota sickle!"

Rural redneck, grew up in NY - Do the same. - Almost never say "motorcycle" unless am speaking w/ law enforcement or insurance agent,.
    in those cases pronounce it per the dictionary.
    Whenever cloth napkins are used it is "dinner" without respect to the time of day.

• June 14, 2013 2:15 AM PDT
    Something in my line of work: Do you say Data as "Day Tuh" or "Dat ah"
    • 57 posts
    June 14, 2013 2:22 AM PDT
    I was in the N/E not to long ago and they said Day tur
  • June 14, 2013 7:41 AM PDT
    da-tah......yall
    • 846 posts
    June 14, 2013 12:27 PM PDT
    I'm a New Englander so it Motoacycle it the r thing up here.
  • June 16, 2013 11:32 PM PDT
    My Pennsylvania friend says Raahh-diator.....what the @#$%*&# is that....?
    • 3006 posts
    June 17, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
    what about parcel or pawcell or percelle ?? lmao good topic
    • 57 posts
    June 17, 2013 5:36 AM PDT
    Warsh the dishes then wrench them off
    • 11 posts
    June 17, 2013 10:23 PM PDT
    LisaRoberts wrote...
    I am G.R.I.T.S ( girl raised in the south) and I say motor cycle, bi sickle, hey y'all not you all, ain't, and a lot of other choice words

yep, Me, too. Lisa;  And, up here in the Blue Ridge foothills & mountains, we say 'Soft Drink' for soda pop
  • June 18, 2013 8:51 AM PDT
    It's always just been a drink to me... I want a cold DRINK....period......but I remember waaaaaaay back when it was a double cola and a moonpie...... and Hunter I've heard that feller say he was gonna have to warsh them dishes and wrench 'em off cause he couldnt get his wife to do it.........lmao