New rider in North Jersey

• March 22, 2013 2:44 AM PDT
     Hey everyone... 

Finally got my own bike and am new to riding.  Any tips on good rides, bike nights, events etc. in the area would be great.  
    • 19007 posts
    March 22, 2013 3:38 AM PDT
    Welcome to CycleFish, the best Damn family biker site on this here web thing.

Motorcycle Safety Foundation course is Good! Hang around here and read the mail. Ask questions, non are wrong and have no fear of rebuke cause it doesn't happen here!
    • 3006 posts
    March 22, 2013 3:59 AM PDT
    Howdy from Frisco Bay,congrats on finding the best motorcycle board & people on the web & on the new ride!!!
    Looks really sweet. Hope you have a whole lotta miles of smiles on her.
    stay safe n enjoy the ride !!!

• 5419 posts
    March 22, 2013 4:04 AM PDT
    Hey Tommy, Welcome tot the site and the world of riding from a former NJ boy myself. Can't help you too much on places to ride in the area, but I can tell you we have a real good list of runs and rallies in our event calendar!

And like Mike (RexTheRoadDog) said, it is a good idea to take a motorcycle safety course if you are new to riding. You may feel you can ride the bike and that is great!! But they will help you practice the things that you hopefully will never have to use and never get a chance to practice.

Ride Safe and Have a Great Time on the New Bike!!!
  • March 22, 2013 4:39 AM PDT
    Rex - thanks for the welcome. I actually took the course a couple weeks ago... was definitely a good idea.

Blurple - thanks man, I love her, more so than I even expected

Lucky - thanks for the welcome, the site is great
    • 846 posts
    March 22, 2013 4:58 AM PDT
    Welcome from someone a little north of yourself (Massachusetts). Can only echo some of the info you've already gotten.
    • 16798 posts
    March 22, 2013 5:06 AM PDT
    Hello from the cloudy Pennsylvania shores of Lake Erie.
  • March 22, 2013 5:16 AM PDT
    Welcome from HoosierLand..and congrats on your first Bike,Tommy!
  • March 22, 2013 10:20 AM PDT
    thanks all!
  • March 22, 2013 10:38 AM PDT
    Beautiful bike Tommy. Welcome from Faith, NC. good to have ya!
  • June 8, 2013 3:01 AM PDT
    welcome from staten island new york enjoy thee ride