Gun Ban

• January 31, 2013 1:32 AM PST

• January 31, 2013 2:00 AM PST
    And this is about bikes how?
  • January 31, 2013 2:35 AM PST
    It's not bike related, however, if you browse throught the threads, not everything discussed is bike related.
    • 834 posts
    January 31, 2013 2:39 AM PST
    The Motorcycle Humor section pretty much turned into just any joke that don't break the rules about 2 years ago :-)
    • 16795 posts
    January 31, 2013 4:44 AM PST
    :-)
    • 2 posts
    January 31, 2013 10:15 AM PST
    And this is about bikes how?

Oh, I do'no but this stuff is funny, tragic but funny

A JOURNAL SENTINEL WATCHDOG REPORT

ATF's Milwaukee sting operation marred by mistakes,
    failures

A store calling itself Fearless Distributing opened early last year on an out-of-the-way street in Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood, offering designer clothes, athletic shoes, jewelry and drug paraphernalia.

Those working behind the counter, however, weren't interested in selling anything.

They were undercover agents from the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives running a storefront sting aimed at busting criminal operations in the city by purchasing drugs and guns from felons.

But the effort to date has not snared any major dealers or taken down a gang. Instead, it resulted in a string of mistakes and failures, including an ATF military-style machine gun landing on the streets of Milwaukee and the agency having $35,000 in merchandise stolen from its store, a Journal Sentinel investigation has found.

When the 10-month operation was shut down after the burglary, agents and Milwaukee police officers who participated in the sting cleared out the store but left behind a sensitive document that listed names, vehicles and phone numbers of undercover agents.

Yup, the ATF had a full auto, genuine, machine gun stolen, along with $35,000 worth or the firearms AND the identities of its informants.
    I think it is funny
  • April 3, 2013 11:51 PM PDT
    • 16795 posts
    April 4, 2013 7:09 AM PDT
    I see Co., NY., and Conn. don't want my business anymore.
    • 3006 posts
    April 4, 2013 9:47 AM PDT
    Blind leading the blind, one can only wonder where the whole mess will end up.Running sting operations is not the way to go,they really need to apply new techniques & approach to their problem.20th century thinkin aint gonna cut it !!!

Which reminds me of our countrys drug problems for the last 150 years..another sad state of affairs.

IMHO
    A simple electronic trigger lock that only responds to the owners finger print.With microchips this is well within our grasp now,w/marginal costs.One way to help prevent the recent tragedy at that school.At least felons or kids could never use those weapons,on spur of the moment

I fully support a persons right to bear arms anywhere safely and in a responsible manner.
    Folks been doing that since they were invented.Its the idiots I git worried about !!!
  • April 4, 2013 1:47 PM PDT
    Here in good ole South Dakota, we are welcoming all the gun manufacturers and their related counterparts to relocate here and setup shop. We don't have all the inbred political garbage as 3 or 4 other states do.
    • 16795 posts
    April 5, 2013 5:32 AM PDT
    Michael Bane (outdoor channel owner) is no longer filming in Colorado.
    This after meeting with CO.'s Governor.

I invited Mr. Bane to Pennsylvania. :-)
    • 2 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:07 AM PDT
     That a gun in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Off-duty officer suspended after gun discharges in strip club restroom

According to police reports and witnesses, an off-duty Gonzales Police Officer was at a strip club in Gonzales, LA on March 13, 2013. The police report states the officer, Chase Delatte, walked into the men's restroom around 1:38 a.m. to check if his personal firearm in an ankle holster was loaded.

Chase Delatte was tracked down at his home later that morning, he told investigators his gun accidentally discharged while he was in the bathroom. 

• April 6, 2013 7:58 AM PDT
    I'm sure glad I LIVE in Colorado.

Jon
  • April 6, 2013 8:46 AM PDT
    Didn't Colorado ban firearms?
    • 16795 posts
    April 6, 2013 3:58 PM PDT
    woosterbiker wrote...
    Didn't Colorado ban firearms?

Yes and high-cap magazines too.

• April 6, 2013 11:01 PM PDT
    Well then I am definatly glad i dont live there. Did they have enough insight to atleast exempt law enforcement and military. If not who are they going to send after them for having them? When NY did that the failed to exempt them. Then before they corrected that mistake they exemted the film industry so that they wouldnt lose the revenue. That being said we can see their real priorities. It's definatly not the protection of its citizens.
  • April 7, 2013 7:20 AM PDT
    Just the high cap things. Fire-arms are still legal. Unfortunately. IMHO.

Jon
    • 2 posts
    April 7, 2013 8:09 AM PDT
     This being the humor thread let’s show Lucky some respect and keep things light here. To wit

DEM CONGRESSWOMAN MOCKS CONCERNED PRO-GUN SENIOR CITIZEN: ‘YOU’D PROBABLY BE DEAD ANYWAY’

During a public forum on national gun control legislation hosted by the Denver Post editorial board on Tuesday, U.S. Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.) mocked a concerned pro-gun senior citizen when he expressed his fears regarding how gun control will affect his ability to defend himself.

After arrogantly smirking at his question, DeGette replied: “The good news for you, you live in Denver. The [Denver Police Department] would be there within minutes.”

“You’d probably be dead anyway if they had that kind of firepower,” she added.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/03/dem-congresswoman-mocks-concerned-pro-gun-senior-citizen-youd-probably-be-dead-anyway/ style="font-size:9.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"; color:#333333">

Or how about this one?

Colorado gun control lawmaker doesn’t realize magazines can be reloaded

“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those know they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”

http://www.infowars.com/colorado-gun-control-lawmaker-doesnt-realize-magazines-can-be-reloaded/

• April 11, 2013 1:58 AM PDT

• 2685 posts
    April 11, 2013 2:56 AM PDT
    One man's gun control.

• 3006 posts
    April 11, 2013 5:21 AM PDT
    Without our right to bear ams we would have never won any of the wars we fought in.

The congress is there to protect & conserve the constitution not to defray our rights.

The elite ruling class of this country fears a well armed & educated populace that wont tolerate
    their own rights being infringed upon.Sadly tho IMHO everyone is bought n paid for,and the idea
    that people can better govern themselves than the state does has fallen by the roadside.

I will always support a persons right to bear arms,in a safe responsible manner,anywhere.
    • 9 posts
    April 12, 2013 8:46 AM PDT
    Pry it outta my COLD DEAD HANDS...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1 posts
    April 12, 2013 12:04 PM PDT
    I often wonder about the gun debate, I rode extensively across the USA..on 2 separate occasions..and never once felt like I needed a gun..so realistically I can't get into the groove of the complaints.. but then maybe it was my strange accent that was a little off putting. Like wtf did he just say?
    • 44 posts
    April 12, 2013 2:51 PM PDT
    When they come to take my guns and the wifes ,yes she carries as well, they can take them because what they can't find wont hurt.Like I have said before better to have and not need then to need and not Have. As we ride we have found more and more freinds are packing.I find that it is incredible that every knee jerk reaction from politicians for every wack job that shows with a gun means law abiding citizens should not have guns. You know the arguments and the agenda. If it were automobiles, one drunk driver causing multiple fatalities should result in politicians immediately passing laws to restrict sober drivers. And so on, except driver's license issue is not a constitutional right. Guns are, and our founding fathers emphasized it with the term "shall not be infringed". If you own any firearm the thing you have to ask is "when the time comes and I pray it never comes for you can you really pull the triger?"
    • 16795 posts
    April 12, 2013 4:11 PM PDT
    Jonesy1340 wrote...
    I often wonder about the gun debate, I rode extensively across the USA..on 2 separate occasions..and never once felt like I needed a gun..so realistically I can't get into the groove of the complaints.. but then maybe it was my strange accent that was a little off putting. Like wtf did he just say?

America love it or leave it.