Summer Bod

• January 7, 2010 1:00 AM PST
    Maybe some of you gals will dig this, and maybe some of the dudes too, who knows.
    Its first of the year, which means resolutions... also time to start seeing if the old crap still fits...
    Sometimes it helps if you have a group to chime in with and kind of help encourage eachother along the way.
    I started just watching what I eat, staying out of restrants, ect. back on the 1st of December
    I am down 25 pounds so far.

No one wants to share their weight with anyone, so if you want to join in on the battle, let us know how much you are down. Once a week we'll fire it back up and see where we are at. Maybe give eachother some suggestions along the way, cheer ya on, you know the drill. If you started already feel free to put down your total so far. Or if you want to join in and start today, just type in -0. We will know what that means.

By spring opener you can have that bod tuned up and ready for the show!

Jim -25
  • January 7, 2010 1:08 AM PST
    Brian -2, looking to drop another 20
  • January 7, 2010 1:13 AM PST
    I am my ideal weight..........If I was 11 ft tall.
    • 126 posts
    January 7, 2010 1:17 AM PST
  • January 7, 2010 1:40 AM PST
    Ya know, I thought this would be a chick thing, but I am glad to see that there are a bunch of us men who want to get healthy, ride the piss out of our bikes for years and years, and maybe have the friggin hotties drippin off of us this summer!

Keep it up. Bookmark it, we'll rally eachother along the way. Whether you want to lose 10 or 210, doesn't matter.
    • 513 posts
    January 7, 2010 1:40 AM PST
    I am with theExtreme here, I am 5ft 9 but according to the health programs I am an obese lump of lard and should be 11ft tall for my weight.

It is all a bit mad though because I train and I eat properly, I can outrun,cycle and outfight some of the younger fitter guys I know.
    One bloke in particular I know who is as health conscience as they come and is into body sculpting and goes to the gym five nights a week can't keep up when we go hunting or hiking.

My biggest problem is Guinness, I like it, but it tend to make you heavy. Tis full of iron though and stop you from becoming anemic....
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    January 7, 2010 1:52 AM PST
    -0 Im diff in with you all.. I am starting the P90X program come monday. I need to get muscle tone back here. Got real lazy for the past couple of months. Good luck all !!!!
    • 1364 posts
    January 7, 2010 2:17 AM PST
    Ok, I will let you know on Monday the 11th Starting @ 216.5 LBS
    • 5419 posts
    January 7, 2010 2:22 AM PST
    I have been meaning to work on this for a while too. Since I started working at home last July, it has gotten a little out of control. The only exercise I get is my 12 trips a day from the desk to the fridge. I keep saying I'm gonna do it, but just don't. My son even brought me a treadmill and its still not setup.

Ok, making the pledge now, gonna start working on it and report back. My gaol is -25 lbs.
  • January 7, 2010 2:26 AM PST
    Got a wii fit for the family for Christmas and finally hooked it up. According to this thing, at 5'10" I should be 155lbs. Sh*t, I haven't seen that since I was 13! I definitely don't have 6 pack abs...more like a 12 pack or a case. Seems to be good fun though and everyone else enjoys it too.

-0 so far but getting into it. Starting at 225.
  • January 7, 2010 2:36 AM PST
    I really like this idea. I want to drop 25lbs. I'm only 5'1/4'' and a little exta feels like a lot extra. doing it alone is difficult, but having a support system really gives me motivation. I would love to get back to my weight when I was in my 20's, but that is a dream. Fun to dream though. I'll start at -0. Now I have to go weigh myself. Uhhggg!
  • January 7, 2010 2:53 AM PST
    I'm in for this. If I could get back down near 210-215 I'd be happy.
  • January 7, 2010 2:58 AM PST
    I was planning to take a rest day from working out, but now I feel guilty. Yesterday was cardio, so I suppose it's time to go lift. Peer pressure can be a motivator :-)
    • 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 3:00 AM PST
    A few years ago the Doctor told me to loose 185 lbs......So I got Divorced!

The Dragon
    • 21 posts
    January 7, 2010 3:02 AM PST
    HA HA!!! Dragon!!!!
    I'm looking for 20-25 - if I could get 190 I'd be happy -
    already down 7 so I'm on my way!!
  • January 7, 2010 3:09 AM PST
    CRAP-----Make that 30lbs. Everyone needs to stay on my ASS! Its getting big enough to hold everyone comfortably. I thought my jeans were a little snug....
  • January 7, 2010 3:14 AM PST
    Far out!

Keep it coming and stick with it. I am no fitness guru, but willing to share a few thought along the way.

For openers: Don't try to change everything all at once. It will overwhelm you and you will probably not get there. HOWEVER< there is one thing you can totally change on day 1. And you are the only person who can change it. Your MIND! Whatever the gimmick, whatever the routine, whatever the diet, the first thing you have to do is change your mind. I decided Thanksgiving that I was sick of it. Didn't need foor to be entertainment anymore. It's just fuel. I take in only what I need. So, this week that is our group goal. Change our minds about what food is for. When you see or smell that good shit, just think about how much better it would be to be standing around the rally this summer with your shirt off and a beer in your hand, and be able to actually see your friggin' feet!

If enough people join in with us, it would be cool to see what our total "reasonable" goal is. Would be awesome if us cyclefish people lost a thousand pounds! Or five thousand, if there is enough of us???

Have fun - Be there for eachother!
  • January 7, 2010 3:21 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    CRAP-----Make that 30lbs. Everyone needs to stay on my ASS! Its getting big enough to hold everyone comfortably. I thought my jeans were a little snug....

Well you don't have to ask us twice!

And the obligatory pic of those jeans on you is required for us to be the judge of that. 

• 910 posts
    January 7, 2010 3:49 AM PST
    I'm in but will start on Wed after I've had a chance to settle back in from my vacation.

Here is a thought... I watched The Biggest Loser Tuesday night and thought when I get home I'm signing up for the pound for pound challenge. If you don't know about this, basically you pledge to lose pounds and for every pound you lose they donate $$ for food to local food banks. I figure, if we here at CycleFish are going to do this anyway for ourselves would you take an extra minute to log into that site too and allow your weight loss progress to feed the hungry? I see there are teams on that site maybe we can do Team CycleFish? What do you think? http://www.pfpchallenge.com/ />
  • January 7, 2010 3:51 AM PST
    That's a great idea AG!
  • MJ
    • 35 posts
    January 7, 2010 4:06 AM PST
    Great idea for the pound tp pound challenge !!! Im totally in for that. -0 starting monday and want to lose 10lbs..
  • January 7, 2010 4:23 AM PST
    Could stand to lose 5lbs. My problem is getting toned up...since retiring from my dancer job 5 yrs. ago, I have lost my muscle tone. Am not deciplined enough to do sit-ups and the like...maybe a stripper pole in the garage?
  • January 7, 2010 4:26 AM PST
    kimberlylamky wrote...
    Could stand to lose 5lbs. My problem is getting toned up...since retiring from my dancer job 5 yrs. ago, I have lost my muscle tone. Am not deciplined enough to do sit-ups and the like...maybe a stripper pole in the garage?

With a webcam set up directly at it! 

• January 7, 2010 4:47 AM PST
    Kimberly, please put my name down as the first stripper pole sponsor. I think you just found a way to pay for that new harley that you have been wanting!
    • 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 4:57 AM PST
    Ok I could stand to loose a pound or two as well.

The Dragon