Meeting up at a central point in the US (Past Event)

• 1780 posts
    January 6, 2010 8:20 AM PST
    I have put together a list of locations (and a map) of the people I seem to speak to the most on this site. I've come up with a central state (Ky) where we could all meet, and the miles from each persons state. Now the miles are caluclated based on locations in the middle of each state to the middle of KY. If this sounds like something everyone would like to do, let me know what would be the best time of the year to get er done. I relize not everyone will be able to pull this off, but what the heck if a few of us can attend...that would be cool. I've never been to Ky but I bet they have some kick ass riding there.

give me your throughts on this

Night Dragon
  • January 6, 2010 8:34 AM PST
    I like the idea but cant say if that is possible right now or not.Would have to be June at the earliest or we will still be snowed in lol! Always wanted to ride in Kentucky and dig meeting more members.All the ones I have met so far are great people!
    • 119 posts
    January 6, 2010 8:36 AM PST
    Tail of the Dragon ????? Just throwing in it the air.
    • 1780 posts
    January 6, 2010 8:39 AM PST
    Hell Yea

Dragon
  • g
    January 6, 2010 8:52 AM PST
    eh?? ,to far .u can pay for ma flight ,aye ?
  • January 6, 2010 9:02 AM PST
    Can't do it this year. But if it takes off, maybe a Cyclefish Annual Rally? We would sure make it a priority.
    Do it on private property so we don't get arrested... preferably with a river?
  • January 6, 2010 9:18 AM PST
    Eastern KY and eastern TN offer up the best twisty roads. There are several motorcycle campgrounds (with cabins) in the area where we could maybe meet up and the list great roads to ride is long. Tail of the Dragon, Hellbender, Cherahola Skyway, Blue Ridge Parkway and Devil's Triangle are the most notable.

My wife Steph and I live and work in Nashville, TN but are from KY and would be happy to be the "boots on the ground" to help NightDragon put this together if there is interest.
  • January 6, 2010 9:20 AM PST
    There are also a lot of kick ass rallys in the area, we could time the meet with a rally and use that as a "homebase" so to speak and still be able to enjoy riding the twisties during the day.
    • 1780 posts
    January 6, 2010 9:39 AM PST
    Harleysmoke got any dates on those ralley's you were speaking of??

Dragon
  • January 6, 2010 9:56 AM PST
    Harleysmoke is a good example of how we can network to pull this kind of stuff off.Tail of the Dragon,hell ya!
  • January 6, 2010 9:56 AM PST
    Cherokee Survivors Rally, Cherokee, NC April 22 - 25, 2010
    Rumble In The Hills, Pigeon Forge, TN April 29 - May 2
    Hogfest of Tennessee and Thunder On The Rock, both are the same weekend near Monteagle, TN, May 27 - 30
    Rally At The Strip, Newport, TN June 3 - 6
    June Bug Boogie, Cookeville, TN June 17 - 20

Most of these have their own websites that you can google. Thunder on the Rock and June Bug Boogie are further away from the Tail of the Dragon (maybe 75 - 100 miles). However, June Bug is by far one of the best partys around. We have been to the Cherokee Rally before and it is a lot of fun. Cherokee is just on the other side of the Smoky Mtn Natl Park and all of the roads I listed earlier are pretty close. Rumble in the Hills is new this year but it is close to a lot of activities. Let me know what you all think.
  • January 6, 2010 11:08 AM PST
    Sure sounds like a good time.
  • January 6, 2010 11:38 AM PST
    The "War Dept" teaches school, so for a long distance like that for us it needs to be after school is out for the summer. If it is, we're in. You call, we haul. If I can't truck it f*** it.
  • January 6, 2010 11:40 AM PST
    Looks like Hog Rock just across the boarder in Ill. is 6/10-6/13,and Little Sturgis 7/15-7/18 in Ky. Just putting that out there!Also Mammoth Cave Natl. Park sounds like a cool place to visit:-)
  • January 6, 2010 11:51 AM PST
    Hog Rock is a huge party. It would also be about 300 or more miles closer for our friends that would be coming from out west.
    • 126 posts
    January 6, 2010 11:54 AM PST
    I think it is a great idia. I know I can't do it this year but I think it would be a great time for all.
    • 1040 posts
    January 6, 2010 11:57 AM PST
    Sounds good to me anywhere in the 600 mile one way range (Times and issue). Anytime in mid June to mid July is my best shot while schools out. LMK what ya come up with and I can make if in these ranges....Look forward to meeting and rideing with you who can make it.
  • January 6, 2010 1:43 PM PST
    That sounds great maybe On my way down from RI I can meet someone else to travel with.
    • 5419 posts
    January 6, 2010 1:56 PM PST
    Hell, I might even try to make it out if you get it together. We do have the NE Meet & Greet the first weekend in June, the Redwood Run on the 2nd weekend in June... that's probably the biggest CycleFish gathering as of now, and of course Sturgis in August, which we are hoping to have a big CycleFish Meet & Greet at.

p.s. - gonna move this post to the Meet & Greet category...
  • January 6, 2010 2:31 PM PST
    Hell I'm in.
    • 190 posts
    January 6, 2010 3:29 PM PST
    I might try to make it. I'll keep an eye on the topic and see what comes togeather.
  • January 6, 2010 3:33 PM PST
    We for sure are going to Sturgis but if the timing is right we will sure try and make it. Sounds like a great party! Getting out of Montana in early to mid June can be a bit iffy
    • 1516 posts
    January 6, 2010 3:34 PM PST
    Since it is the farthest from CA, how about having it close to the Sturgus run so that it may be possible to do both.. how fun!!
  • January 7, 2010 3:39 AM PST
    This sounds fun but I won't be in the south till Sept. Bikes, Blues, and Bar B Q Rally Sept. 29-Oct. 10, 2010  in Fayetteville Ar. http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org  ;  

Unless of course I win the Lottery then I will be everywhere !!!
    • 1780 posts
    January 7, 2010 5:05 AM PST
    Harleysmoke would you mind taking point on this. Seems like you know the area and what we can expect. How about temp. in that area in April - June??? Day temp,, Night temp..leather in the mountains? damn I love leather.

Night Dragon