The Dragon is moving East

• 1780 posts
    December 24, 2012 7:32 AM PST
    Hey everyone it's been quite a while since I've been on line. Just kind of laying low for a few reasons, but I'm still around and looking to move out of Texas and back to Tenn, around the Knoxville area. I'm looking for any family members that might live back in that area that might have some tips on the area and anything of insterest that I might need to know like.....what is the best side of town to move to, close to shopping, etc. I already know that Tenn is a helmet state, and althrough I perfer not to wear a helmet I will learn to adjust. I also know the handgun carry laws and will adjust to that as well. Seems like jobs are somewhat scarce back there, but what jobs there are pay more than Texas.

Anyway....Merry Christmas and a Happy and safe New Year to you all

Night Dragon
    • 16795 posts
    December 24, 2012 7:46 AM PST
    "I already know that Tenn is a helmet state, and although I prefer not to wear a helmet I will learn to adjust."

Join your local Tennessee A.B.A.T.E. chapter, help to eliminate the helmet issue and make riding friends at the same time. :-)
    • 601 posts
    December 24, 2012 11:50 AM PST
    Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasus Dragon, was wonderin' where you got to ? Happy Christmas bud, if you want to travel east, keep on going, there is a wee island in the Atlantic where you would be welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • 5419 posts
    December 24, 2012 12:53 PM PST
    Laura wants to retire down in the Knoxville area one day. Maybe we'll be neighbors!!!
    • 1780 posts
    December 24, 2012 2:23 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Laura wants to retire down in the Knoxville area one day. Maybe we'll be neighbors!!!

Well after checking Craigslist it seems that living back there is pretty cheep!
    1000 sq foot log cabin on 7.5 acre with a river running through the back yard .....rent is $525.00 per month...WOW
    • 1161 posts
    December 24, 2012 7:16 PM PST
    Good luck ND! I hope the search goes well.
    • 5419 posts
    December 26, 2012 3:14 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    Lucky wrote...

Well after checking Craigslist it seems that living back there is pretty cheep!
    1000 sq foot log cabin on 7.5 acre with a river running through the back yard .....rent is $525.00 per month...WOW

Yeah, that's what we have been finding too.  some really nice AFFORDABLE places.

• 9 posts
    December 26, 2012 3:30 AM PST
    It's not only affordable, it's BEAUTIFUL...from about May to the end of October. Then you can prolly expect to get the bike cover out, for the most part. It's awesome ridin' up there, tho, so have FUN with that. Good hunting on the job front and let us know how it all shakes out...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    December 26, 2012 3:47 AM PST
    S.E. of Maryville is pretty nice country. Easy access to amenities as well as escape from the maddening crowd.
    • 1 posts
    December 26, 2012 6:30 PM PST
    I know a tree surgeon who is looking for help...but he's in Normandy...near....Manchester
    • 1855 posts
    December 27, 2012 7:49 AM PST
    O.K. now, I've got a few friends down that way. What kind o' work ya looking for?
  • December 27, 2012 10:47 AM PST
    have a safe move dude...
    • 834 posts
    December 27, 2012 2:51 PM PST
    Good luck to you Dragon. Nice area down there, but remember, they do have winter. Especially in the Knoxville area.