I am ANGRY!!!! :(

• December 15, 2012 7:20 AM PST
    I cannot find the words to express how ANGRY I am...This tragic has so many levels of bad it's wayyyy...overwhelming...Gail n I are trying to watch the one hr news special about it but we are having to watch it bout 15mins at a time cause it's so WROOOOONG!....But....we need to see this through so we are going to remember to NEVER...let our guard down.....GOD...needs to splain to me!!!!!!

Ice Bear...Randy Schroeder
    • 19007 posts
    December 15, 2012 10:38 PM PST
    Me Too Randy, and I came across this statement attributed to Morgan Freeman. It is right on the money im my opinion and something I have felt ever since The Tragedy at Columbine.

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
    people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."
  • December 16, 2012 3:51 AM PST
    I am so angry myself. I don't understand why someone can be so messed up in the head to take the life of another person let alone so many children. I literally cry every time the news comes on and I see all those families lives destroyed and all I can do is pray for them. "God please give us strength to get through this." Everybody be safe, hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.
  • December 16, 2012 4:50 AM PST
    I am sorry for all the children and teachers killed at Newtown. I am also sorry for all the children killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. I know my child was there and I worried all the time. I guess location has nothing to do with tragedy, it is everywhere.
    • 2 posts
    December 16, 2012 4:59 AM PST
    Frothing mad, way past angry; angry has limits. - Went downstairs and hit the heavy bag until I broke a sweat in the cool basement.
    But the part that takes me past angry is the fact that there is nobody to direct it at.
    There is evil loose in the land. - The genie is out of the bottle & we can't put it back. We all know the political class is going to use this as tool to increase their control. They have started already.

But someplace a little beauty remains

• December 16, 2012 12:31 PM PST
    Our kids in church had their Christmas program - Closed with 'Away in a Manger. I couldn't get through the last verse.
    Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
    Close by me forever, and love me, I pray;
    Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
    And fit us for Heaven to live with Thee there.

May our Lord keep all children in his care.
  • December 16, 2012 3:52 PM PST
    I watched our church children put on their Christmas play. How could anyone shoot and kill innocent children and their teachers? When I was growing up I don't think anything like these mass shootings took place. I realize that it's a different world out there, but we are doing something bad wrong in America to have arrived to where we are now.
    • 1855 posts
    December 17, 2012 12:00 AM PST
    Your God, our God, isn't smiling down upon us these days. I'm angry as well but as many of us have conveyed, there is only hope. But what hope can there be when there seems to be no solution?