Not Around Much Anymore...

• November 5, 2012 1:46 AM PST
    I got so cheesed with the internet lately...I would rather be in the garage working on the latest projects...Rather than being on the internerds...Hey I will still pop in if there is anything to do with me...with regards to any advice-take a seat-it may be a while, send private message only, I dont feel like sitting and blasting the boards, or ask someone else.....

I have made a few friends here and \\I will keep in touch when I can...just lately though asm putting a ladder frame together to take a 6.6litre Chevy lump on it and that may take all winter...Laters.....

From the opinionated, speak it like I see it Limey.....
    • 834 posts
    November 5, 2012 2:12 AM PST
    Glad to hear you are good. Hope to see pictures of the new project when you get it done!
    • 2 posts
    November 5, 2012 12:12 PM PST
    Miss you
    • 3006 posts
    November 7, 2012 6:18 AM PST
    Glad to see ur alive n kickin still !!! Your fortunate in having the ability to fabricate & build some kool looking machinesI prolly would not spend much time on any boards myself if I had a serious tinkering skills & cash to burn on my creations & a real garage to do it in.Have fun with the latest project hope it turns out great!!! Keep us posted.
    • 1 posts
    November 7, 2012 9:25 AM PST
    well I was out for 9 weeks ..touring so the place was still here when i got back....we an hold down the fort till you decide its time to come back...
    • 1161 posts
    November 9, 2012 5:32 AM PST
    Yep I have not been on much lately as well. Been doing what I could on my bike. And other things, glad to see your doing well. Chat to you later Jet and keep the rubber side down!
  • November 9, 2012 8:12 AM PST
    Wish I was riding more too. But it seems the computer takes us all away....
    • 9 posts
    November 9, 2012 2:57 PM PST
    Seems like you've been gone a while, Mate. But I understand the sabatical. Enjoy!

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 0 posts
    November 14, 2012 1:41 PM PST
    Awe, but you had some of the best jokes ;( Big Hugz, B-safe & enjoy
    • 9 posts
    November 14, 2012 1:56 PM PST
    Yeah...Me thinks there might be some narcissistic action involved here. (and I mean that in a LOVING way, Jet).
    We ALL want to be loved, eh? But here's the thing...and I think you already know this, like I do. IF, you gotta
    SEEK the attention, it'll only fall short. In other words, keep bein' your REAL, and FUNNY, and INSANE self.
    Just don't expect that people will respond all the time. Even, when you might need them to, the most.
    Cause here's what it is...(and I mean this in the most LOVING way), cause YOU and I, are both closet narcissist's,
    THEY...have their own lives to live. And frankly, baby, WE just ain't on the top of that priority list. Feel me?

Give your friends, (me included) the chance to respond. Just cause we don't JUMP, don't mean,
    we don't LOVE you! K???

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • November 17, 2012 8:24 AM PST
    Naaa, it was to do with advice honey, nothing else...well...that and a portion of bullcrap...and I dont need that...

Its nice to know that a good few of you are real people, and thanks for all the comments here, I appreciate it...

If any of you want my email address send me a private message ok? There is a lot of you I want to keep in touch with...you are good people...

Oh yeah and Blurp... The ladderframe is only a small short frame but its going to hold a 6.6 Litre Chevy on a tf 360 trans with a cut down series one Jaguar back axle, full independant suspension on all corners, lol, go take a look at a Lotus 7 or a Caterham and now imagine it slightly wider with a full kit Edelbrock setup 6.6litre Chevy.....SHINY ENGINE HOTROD!!!!!  (or at least it will be once its finished...lol...at the moment its a ladderframe and a pile of unrelated bits) ...
  • November 17, 2012 9:05 AM PST
    I Now Have A New Answering machine message,

"I am not available right now,
    but thank you for caring enough to call.
    I am making some changes in my life.
    Please leave a message after the beep.
    If I do not return your call,
    you are one of the changes."
  • November 17, 2012 9:31 AM PST
    A quick joke for you...Not sure if you know who Postman Pat is as its a kids program on English TV ok?
    But here goes, even if you dont know - its still a joke...

Subject: Postman Pat's Last Day.

Postman Pat's Last Day:
    It was Postman Pat's last day on the job after 35
    years of carrying the mail through all kinds of
    weather to the same villages and towns.

When he arrived at the first house on his route, he
    was greeted by the whole family there, who all
    hugged and congratulated him and sent him on his way
    with a cheque for £50.

At the second house they presented him an 18-carat
    gold watch.

The folks at the third house handed him a bottle of
    15-year old Scotch whisky.

At the fourth house he was met at the door by a dumb
    blonde in her lingerie. She took him by the arm and
    led him up the stairs to the bedroom where she blew
    his mind with the most passionate love he had ever
    experienced.
    When they went downstairs, the blonde fixed him a
    full English breakfast: Bacon, Eggs, Sausage &
    Tomato with freshly squeezed orange juice.
    As she was pouring him a cup of steaming coffee, he
    noticed a quid (GBP "£1") coin in the saucer.
    'All this was just too wonderful for words,' he
    said, 'but what's the quid for?'...'Well,' said the
    dumb blonde, 'Last night, I told my husband that
    today would be your last day and that we should do
    something special for you'.

'I asked him what I should give you'.
    He said, 'F**k him. Give him a quid.'

She smiled shyly and said,
    'The breakfast was my idea.'
    • 3006 posts
    November 17, 2012 1:57 PM PST
    LMAO
    Hey sounds like you have your hands full with that build,hope we get to see the completed work.
    stay safe & enjoy the ride!!!
  • November 17, 2012 9:27 PM PST
    I'll do a progressive photo-journal and stick them in here as stages are completed, it will probably need stabilisers like a kiddies bike for the drag strip...lol...
  • November 19, 2012 3:18 PM PST
    Speaking of being off line for awhile, anyone hear from Tumbles lately?
    • 3006 posts
    November 20, 2012 1:35 PM PST
    Sorry to say I havent heard back from Tumbles..Her g/f Joann did reply to my first message n said she was taking a break,that was back in early Oct.Sent another followup message to joann 2 weeks ago & no reply at all,also another friend of hers has been calling leaving messages & emails & has not receieved any replies.I told her g/f abt it 2 mo's ago she been trying to reach her this whole time.
  • November 21, 2012 12:20 AM PST
    See ya when ya get back on...I'm in n out all the time n YEP! it's still here when I check in....
    • 0 posts
    February 28, 2013 10:26 AM PST
    Hey there, I haven't been here in a long while either, Miss Ya !!!!
    • 44 posts
    February 28, 2013 12:50 PM PST
    missed you jetman glad to see ya
    • 1780 posts
    February 28, 2013 1:43 PM PST
    Glad to see you still got your fingers into something.
    I know how ya feel, over the years I'm been on and off more than a light switch.
    Be safe and best of luck on your project
    Dragon