Trajedy in a young mans life.

• October 15, 2012 1:44 PM PDT
     Very early this morning a friend of my son and daughter was rundown on his motorcycle along with 2 other boys.  Derick died from the attack and the other 2 are bruised and shaken.  The driver in the suv was a person they knew, he was arrested and then let go on lack of eveidence.  There is a full investigation on going to get the truth from the driver. The survivng bikers told the police it was a deliberate act.

Derick was at my sons and daughters weddings and has been to our house on many occasions, he has always been polite and curtious and friendly. 

At my daughters reception during my speech I started to tear up and as i did a big YEAH!!.  was heard, it was Derick in support of my showing my emotions and love and pride for losing my little girl to justin..  

I have added a photo of derick and my son Danny. Derick is on the right. 

I dont know all of the information and facts but  will know more tomorrow.   

On top of this tragedy and to make it that much worse is that it follows a day where I got to meet some new friends and take a long awaited for ride.  

RIP Derick, you are loved and you will be missed. I pray for your family and friends so that they may better accept their lose.

• October 15, 2012 3:20 PM PDT
    he sounds like a great guy,i hope the truth comes out and yall get justice for Derick and his family.
  • October 15, 2012 3:27 PM PDT
    Praying for Dericks friends and family during this time of loss.The person? .....that was released might be safer behind bars......trusting the truth will prevail.
  • October 15, 2012 3:59 PM PDT
    I'm so hurt and moved by your post. I,too,lost a son. My boy was only 17 years old... On the cusp of manhood and trying to find his place in this world. A respectful, honest, and very loving young man who touched many with his humor and unwavering loyalty. Jim was a passenger in his girlfriends car and it was an accident. This is devastation and grief that is incomprehensible to anyone other than those who have endured child loss. It's far worse than your worst nightmare and deepest anguish. I pray those left behind will find closure and peace
  • October 15, 2012 5:36 PM PDT
    I do hope the truth comes out. Part of me hopes it was an accident. It's hard to imagine someone intentionally running him, and the other two down. Young people can do some potentially deadly things showing out. Anyway, I'm praying for God's peace which surpasses all understanding for his family, you, and all his friends. This is beyond tragic.
    • 19007 posts
    October 15, 2012 11:49 PM PDT
    Rest in Peace Derrick! Hoping for swift Justice and quick healing for his family
    • 1516 posts
    October 16, 2012 2:16 AM PDT
    RIP Derrek.. everything comes out in the wash, hopefully justice will be served
  • October 16, 2012 3:13 AM PDT
    This is a very sad story and very tragic. I pray for his family and all the people that were close to him.
    • 5419 posts
    October 16, 2012 3:14 AM PDT
    Our prayers and thoughts are with Derrek's family and friends. May he rest in peace.
  • October 16, 2012 7:00 AM PDT
    May his soul rest in peace. I hope those involved are brought to justice. My prayers go out to all those who where a part of Derick's life.
    • 3006 posts
    October 16, 2012 7:26 AM PDT
    Please accept my condolences on your loss,sending prayers n good thoughts to those who grieve for the loss of this young man.I believe the young man who did this terrible deed will be haunted forever,and never know a peacefull nite ever again.Sometimes the worst punishment doesnt involve an eye for an eye,& it can only be exacted by God.
  • October 16, 2012 2:13 PM PDT
    Thank you all for your Loving Prayers and Loving Thoughts. You are ALL so kind.

• October 16, 2012 3:34 PM PDT
    My heart goes out to you.
    • 2 posts
    October 17, 2012 11:48 AM PDT
    Don't know what to say.
    Prayers for healing of those who remain/
  • October 20, 2012 5:49 AM PDT
    Well All the correct info is in and the police have done a great job of investigating the accident that took Dericks life so horrble. The police did not hold Ryan because it was truely and accident and not intentional in anyway. The motorcycle that Derick was riding was Ryans own bike, the 2 other bikers gave Derick the keys without Ryans permission and knowing Dericks lack of riding skills.

Ryan is devistated to say the least, Derick was his bestfriend and was the only one who was with derick when he passed away on the street. Ryan did what he could by calling 911 ans staying with his best friend until help arrived but it was to late.

All in all it was a horrible accident that all 5 boys were at fault in one way or the other. I am just sorry that the 2 other bikrs will not accept their part in this horrible trajedy.

R I P Derick and prayers to your 8 year old son and family.
  • October 20, 2012 12:53 PM PDT
    RIP Derick <__________________>
    • 844 posts
    October 20, 2012 3:09 PM PDT
    Thoughts and prayers are with young Derick and his family. I sure hope your boy is doing ok dealing with the death of a friend. A tough thing to deal with at any age, and real tough to see such a young friend loose his life.