Unsolicited Advice (cookery related);

• 2 posts
    October 13, 2012 10:43 AM PDT
    Do not like how chickens are raised so we get out eggs from a friend of my Wife’s who keeps them as a hobby.

Got a dozen eggs – Two have holes in the shell – Worry about salmonella so put them aside for the dog.
    This AM was going to give them to the dog but was still worried about food poisoning. Decided to cook them.

Ask wife how to microwave eggs & she says “Look it up on the internet before you do anything!”. – Being an xpert in physics I know that steam cannot build up in an open vessel. The  shells are already broken so pop the eggs into the microwave & set for 5 minutes.

RESULTS:
    2.5 minutes in 
    Shells crack & white starts to come out. – Good, will save me time peeling – and – so much for worrying about a pressure build up.

4.5 minutes in
    Loud explosion,
    Door of microwave blows out
    The dog that runs to the sound of guns & begs to go out during thunderstorms runs & hides under table.
    Tiny, little pieces of egg bounce off microwave door & fly 10’ into living room
    The floor of kitchen covered in kind of an egg mist

Spent 1 hour cleaning microwave, kitchen floor, stove top, side of refrigerator,   .   .   .   . Go thru about a dozen Q-Tips
    And 
    2 hours scrubbing rugs

+ will have to hear about it for however many days I have left.

• October 13, 2012 12:02 PM PDT
    Lesson well learned here...Thanks...lol...
    • 9 posts
    October 13, 2012 12:56 PM PDT
    Yeah...the yoke. You forgot about the yoke. Yuk-yuk...(literally...Sorry Louis)

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1 posts
    October 13, 2012 1:21 PM PDT
    The kitchen is a dangerious place... That is why I stay out of them.
    • 1 posts
    October 13, 2012 4:39 PM PDT
    you're sposed to hole the shell b4 nuking them...but 5 mins was too long next time try 30 secs on hi...or maybe 20 secs..or do like i do..toss em in a small bowl and top with water..then put some paper towel over the lot and nuke em for about 30 secs...poached!...then bon appetite puppy...
    • 19007 posts
    October 13, 2012 11:26 PM PDT
    Eggxactly what was your point??? HA!
    • 314 posts
    October 14, 2012 1:46 AM PDT
    I sell eggs, i keep the dirty ones and cracked ones. I cook them and feed them to chicken. I don't get that many cracked but when it rains they make out well!
  • October 15, 2012 1:25 AM PDT
    This is some advice I need to share with my wife. She has not done this, but its only a matter of time for her.
    • 2685 posts
    October 15, 2012 1:58 AM PDT
    Isn't that what Steven Seagal does in all his movies. ha ha. 8^)