Just need to Vent, and of course confess!!!!

• October 2, 2012 6:52 AM PDT
    First the vent:

Just riding along minding my own business, but paying attention to the woman in her little SUV behind me. Because something is telling me that she is an idiot. I guess she did not like being behind me (must have been giving off an odor or something...lol), because she swings to the passing lane and proceeds to pass me. I am staying the in the right lane, due to the fact that I am getting ready to take the ramp to get on the highway. Rolling along and she is next to me, mind you my gut tells me to watch her front tires. Well my gut was right, here she comes right over into my lane. I hit the brakes and actually made the tires make a noise (which was kind of cool, if you ask me). I go to lay on the horn and dummy me hits the left turn signal instead, move the thumb up and hit the horn. But it really was to late because by that time she was already in front of me.

We come to a stop, due to the fact there is a red light up ahead, which is also where I need to make the right to get on the highway. I look over and see that no one seems to wanting to turn right, and also due to the fact that I am totally pissed off because the idiot woman just tried to take me out. On purpose I might add. I decide to ride up on the shoulder, I stop right at her passenger front door and look at her and say to her WTH are you thinking woman. All I get from her is no eye contact, no I am so sorry (which is why I believe what she did was intentional). I wanted so bad to get off of my bike and open her car door and beat her head on her hood. But I know where that will get me, and I do not like jail cells. So I just rolled on imagining all of the terrible things I would like to do to her. And trust me, they were not nice fluffy things. Okay I feel better now, but I will be looking for her again today....Muhaaahaaa!

(I know this is a long read, sorry)

Okay now for the confession: But for the record, I really am not confessing, just venting....LOL!

Yes, most women are just the worst drivers out there, they seem to have their heads so far up their, well you know what I am trying to say. I thank the good lord everyday that my daddy (who was a career truck driver) taught me how to drive. I am not saying I am the best driver out there, but I am better than most. And I always keep in mind what my daddy told me along time ago, "Don't ever say you are a great driver, until you stop driving".

Okay I am done for now!

Ride Safe & Take Care!

TD

P.S. I want to clarify that I said most women, and no where did I say ALL WOMEN! Cause I have seen some pretty bad male drivers also! LOL
    • 2685 posts
    October 2, 2012 7:20 AM PDT
    Maybe she needs to be sent to Memphis, TN. Here is one of those 'interesting' laws.

"Women are forbidden from driving cars bylaw unless a man either is running or walking in front of the vehicle waving a red flag to warn approaching motororisits and pedestrians."

• October 2, 2012 7:24 AM PDT
    OMG Vulcan, that is funny....LOL.
    • 1 posts
    October 2, 2012 7:34 AM PDT
    marbles or ball bearings. I love throwing those things at f@c^ in the head drivers. Oh I did not say that... Never mind I am a nice girl
    As for Vulcan that is funny, just spent 5 months there. I want to know why the cars there have no working turn signals... Not a one.
  • October 2, 2012 7:45 AM PDT
    LOL Bitchy, my luck I would miss and hit some innocent person. Bitchy didn't you know that they are not making cars with turn signals anymore.....lol
    • 3006 posts
    October 2, 2012 7:58 AM PDT
    Its good to vent at times,and I dont blame you in the least for attempting to git her to acknowledge you,yet in my experience they never do,so in luei of other more harsh measures,a blast on your horn while alongside of them will give them a good earfull & maybe make them more aware of folks around them dont take kindly to being cut off.
    Always remember tho you cant win any arguments with a car,never get carried away in the moment.
  • October 2, 2012 8:10 AM PDT
    Oh buzz I do know that I would not win that battle. And I do try not to get carried away too much, but it just makes my blood boil over when someone tries to kill me on purpose. I am thinking that some biker chick took her man or something...LOL
    • 1855 posts
    October 2, 2012 8:18 AM PDT
    These come in handy when you attach a bit of iron on one end.

http://ironbraid.com/Get-Back-Whips.html
  • October 2, 2012 8:53 AM PDT
    I had a buddy, similiar situation that kicked in a door on a van once and never got into any legal problem. Im sure that will vary on different scenarios, individuals and locations. I say that if your fighting for your life anything goes as long as you dont get carried away.
    You did good to ride off and not let things go to far. I let my temper get to me once and tossed a punk across a parking lot and almost choked him to death... Almost got locked... Luckily he was strung out on chemicals so the cops were on my side.. You dont want to be sitting around waiting to see what your penalty is going to be for letting your emotions control you. The good thing was that you were savy enough to recognize the situation and act accordingly. You get to ride another day!

Stay Safe!
  • October 2, 2012 9:08 AM PDT
    And we wonder why so many people don't like us. Yeah there are idiots out there, some do things by accident (and we really don't know if this lady was oblivious to the entire situation) others no so much by accident. But either way it amazes me that those of us who can't stand people acting like a-holes always have an immediate response of hurt, beat, damage, and maybe even kill if we could get away with it - that will definitely teach people to respect bikers as people. But I guess we're better cause we can revert back to the childhood reasoning "but he/she started it"
  • October 2, 2012 9:43 AM PDT
    Woo wait a minute there Uncle Charlie, I was there so I know exactly what happened and this woman did this on purpose, she had just passed me on the road and knew I was there. I did nothing to provoke such an action from her! Yes I admit my imagination went wild, but I acted on nothing I was thinking, yes I rolled up next to her and asked her what was the problem. But I DID NOT cuss her out or START anything with her. It was MY LIFE that was in jeopardy here, and she OBVIOUSLY did not care about hurting another living person.

I always ride safely and always give the right away to people, I never hot rod around nor do I flip people off. I gave this woman no reason to do what she did. So being that you were not there, YOU do not know what happened, and I do not like being called a liar. I told the story just as it happened. All I was doing was minding my own business riding home from work. Was not and do not look for trouble.

Yeah my immediate response was to want to hurt her, but given that she had just tried to hurt me. Then what would you have had me do. Please do tell! And please tell me what you would have done?

Oh and I do think she was not oblivious, cause she did look at me in her rear view mirror. She knew exactly what she was doing.
  • October 2, 2012 9:54 AM PDT
    Not very long ago I had a man to pass me in the same manner and proceeded to cut over in front of me. I set down on the horn and brakes.
    He pulled in to the same station I was heading to.

I asked what he was up to and he started to say.."I did not se....." before I cut him off.

Come on, I'm on a big yellow bike with lights everywhere. You passed me but you did not see me.

I for one am convinced that people in those situations just don't care.
    They are so selfish their life is all that matters. Even if it puts others at risk.
  • October 2, 2012 10:06 AM PDT
    You apparently read more into my response than was there TearDrop. First of all you said yourself "you believe it was intentional" and all I said was "it could be she was oblivious" or even just a bad driver for that matter. I just gave my opinion that I don't think taking a violent vigilante response to actions by others is the way I think things should be handled. So I guess what YOU should have done was taken immediate and violent action. As a matter of fact all unacceptable behavior should be handled with immediate and violent retaliation and it should be led by all who ride so we don't loose our bad reputation.
  • October 2, 2012 10:25 AM PDT
    Maybe I did UC, but I did not take a violent action I choose to be able to ride another day. I just basically read what you wrote, and honestly do not care what others think of me. I do know that if I had taken a violent response to this then I would not be sitting here right now telling the story or having a discussion with you regarding this incident.

Now yes in my earlier days I probably would have followed the woman, and tried to hurt her. But considering I am now a grown woman and have a lot to lose, I will just let these idiots do what they may. And laugh at the entitlement they must feel each and every day. But it feels good to vent sometimes, as I am sure you know!

Yes, you most certainly do have a right to your opinion, and I will take it as that an opinion. But like I said I was there, and it happened to me. As far a bad reputations, I do believe that the majority of people out there do not think that all bikers are bad.

And for the record I really do not believe that violence would have solved the issue. Maybe a good talking too would have. But I just wanted to go home, and in this day and age it does no good to even try to talk to some people.

And besides you know how us women are, you just can't convince us that we are wrong.....LOL J/K!
  • October 2, 2012 10:33 AM PDT
    It's all good TearDrops

I kind of figured from your first post that it was just more of what youwould have liked to have done and you wouldn't actually do it.  Trust me I to get frustrated to that point sometimes.  Like you I just vented a little because it seems more and more these days that peoples first reaction to someone doing something unacceptable is violent retaliation.  I mean look at that other post out hear about 3 people being shot over an arguement - at a charity event never the less!
  • October 2, 2012 10:54 AM PDT
    I know I saw that, and think it was stupid. I guess you just can't fix stupid in some people.

When I get home tonight, I will have a beer and a toast to you! You really are a reasonable man!

Ride Safe!

TD
  • October 2, 2012 12:14 PM PDT
    Wish I was so nice, I would have keyed the side of her car as I rode up beside her.
  • October 2, 2012 12:54 PM PDT
    Well......once upon a time.......long long ago....... in a far off land...I heard from a friend of a neighbor's 3rd cousin that there was a group of riders that collected mirrors from cars that pulled that sort of thing...........
  • October 2, 2012 1:30 PM PDT
    Wish one of the cagers behind you had also been a fellow rider, then I know things would have been on equal turf.....just glad your here with us and sharing.
    • 1 posts
    October 2, 2012 1:52 PM PDT
    after riding my 9000 miler i can't remember how many times i got cut off....males and female cagers..take it in your stride...chalk it up to experience. Or just wait till you are in your cage, and you see her coming along and cut her off..all it comes back in the end.
    • 2 posts
    October 2, 2012 2:46 PM PDT
    UncleCharlie wrote...
    .   .   .   .   .   (and we really don't know if this lady was oblivious to the entire situation) others no so much by accident. But either way it amazes me that those of us who can't stand people acting like a-holes always have an immediate response of hurt, beat, damage, and maybe even kill if we could get away with it -.   .   .   .   .

Had a professor who was in the Army pre WW II, when mules were an important mode of transportation/

He used to say "Mules respond best to gentle persuasion but sometimes you have to use a fence post to get their attention". - He talked a lot about mules

• 1 posts
    October 2, 2012 3:13 PM PDT
    Or brake lights Teardrops but that is a long story.
  • October 2, 2012 3:47 PM PDT
    Who the hell is this Uncle Charlie ? Do you even ride? You sound like a cager.
    • 85 posts
    October 2, 2012 3:54 PM PDT
    You done good by keeping you cool, confrontations with stupid people never end in your favor. Im one of the " hot heads", I cant tell how many times Ive passed people back and brought them to a stop in the middle of the highway and dare them to get out and smart off! But one day my wife asked ,what you going to do when somebody just shoots you? hummmm hadnt never thought about that! The last one I did that to I walked back seeing red, ready to rumble, and it was a lady about 75yrs. old with her mother! I asked did you not see me? and she replyed, no sir I didnt. I just walked away. Thank God for watching over me and changing my ways. Ride safe
    • 1855 posts
    October 3, 2012 2:10 AM PDT
    Rob100ci wrote...
    Who the hell is this Uncle Charlie ? Do you even ride? You sound like a cager.

In my early 20's a cager waved me across on a one lane bridge outside of Fairport, N.Y.  I got half way across and he floored it, literally trying to kill me.  I slammed on my brakes, pulled in the clutch, revved up the bike, and did a wheel stand over the bridge rail.  Would he do that to another biker later on someday?  Well, I didn't kill him but I'm pretty sure he got the message when confronted a few days later. Yep, I paid for my so-called assault crime but it was fkn worth it.

Ya know what?  For me it's not violence when you defend yourself against stupidity, ignorance, reckless assault, or whatever, regardless of the situation. Yeah, I've ignored tail-gators by just pulling over only to discover that further up the road they've hurt someone.  I'll risk a ticket for road rage to make some chick gets off of her cell phone.  I despise stupidity on the highway and I'll deal with it calmly, rationally, or quite the opposite if I have to.  And one other thing; the idea that "no wonder people hate bikers" is crap.  I simply don't care what people think of me as a biker.  I live by two rules: "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" AND "an eye for an eye".  I don't take to being preached at simply because I take responsibility for everything I do, good or bad, right or wrong.

The moral code of a man is not up for debate or questioning.  Only the motive behind his actions.  I'm going to move you over with a ball and chain if you threaten my life on the highway. If ya got a kid in the car I'll find a more passive way of getting my point across.