I know this will only mean something to just a few but .........

• 1780 posts
    September 12, 2012 9:36 AM PDT
     The Dragon  is back in Night Dragons stable!
    It was a long drawn out process but the Dragon is back where it belongs!!!!! 
    It's time for some of you to roll your eyes now......but I believe the Dragon knows her owner is back in the saddle again. She wants to run and play again and that is what we shall do!!!!!
    Who belives a bike and the owner can form a bond just like people? If you can't grip that concept than you are missing out on the true meaning of "The Bike and You as one!!!!!

Be safe out there
    Dragon & Night Dragon
  • September 12, 2012 9:44 AM PDT
    It is either in your blood or not. Don't want to think of not riding! My ride has a name, gender-girl, and yes I talk to her!
    Know what you mean Nightdragon!
    • 1780 posts
    September 12, 2012 9:46 AM PDT
    Thanks RetooleDenim I can see that You understand where I'm coming from!!!
  • September 12, 2012 1:01 PM PDT
    I would never ever ride unless there wasn't this unspoken bond.I trust Pepper to do what she intends to do & Pepper trusts me to never ask her for the impossible.True relationships are based on admiration, respect and trust.
    • 823 posts
    September 12, 2012 4:59 PM PDT
    Definitely feel the same way. I love my Pearl!
    • 19004 posts
    September 12, 2012 11:50 PM PDT
    Know the feeling. Rex and I are inseparable...and glad to hear.
    • 9 posts
    September 13, 2012 12:00 AM PDT
    I had that bond with "Blue". We were one, when we road. And when we were "forced" down, I cried for her pain. May sound silly to some, but that bond is one of trust. Trust that you'll get to where your going, trust that the bike won't let you down, cause it wants to please you, trust that you'll take care of your bike, cause it's "your baby".

That's my two...

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 16795 posts
    September 13, 2012 3:23 AM PDT
    I've always thought of my bikes as trusted friends, I hated to let go of them all (all due to circumstances beyond my control) and I miss them all.
  • September 13, 2012 3:59 AM PDT
    The Blue Knight and I ride as one.
    • 1855 posts
    September 13, 2012 5:12 AM PDT

"Sabbath" is her name.  Nothing fancy, mostly a stock '98 FXDWG.  But every ride is like a Sunday church service; hence the name.

• 846 posts
    September 13, 2012 7:13 AM PDT
    All my bikes also have had names and there has been a bond between both of us. A mutual respect for each other and to watch out for each other has been a unsaid bond. This is what I feel happens when you have that close call and wonder how you made it.
  • September 13, 2012 9:17 AM PDT
    As soon as I saw Troublemaker in the dealership, I knew she was mine. I knew I was made for that bike as much as she was made for me before I even sat in her saddle.
    • 580 posts
    September 13, 2012 10:23 AM PDT
    Ethel is definitely an expression of ME. She represents my need for travel and freedom and is much more than a 'machine'. She's got me out of trouble several times, forgiven my clumsy drops, been my companion and conspirator - helping me get through some tough times in my life by giving me the chance to 'escape' and blow away the cobwebs. I'm definitely with you on this one Nightdragon (o:
  • September 13, 2012 3:20 PM PDT
    No no no.No names for the bikes,no expectations of it taking care of me. I've got a bike from '78 parts used to fall off of it like it was a waterfall.I spent sleepless nights getting it ready for runs and before we ever got out of town we were picking up pieces.My new one has been more than dependable but I don't expect or hope it understands me.I love both of them but I shore don't consider them friends.More like a relationship when it's good it's great but when it's bad you just want to shoot it.
  • September 13, 2012 3:43 PM PDT
    Me and my Xr have been exploring the deserts behind our house for decades and she always gets me back to camp
  • September 14, 2012 3:13 AM PDT
    Never named a bike.... or any vehicle. I ride it and when theres an issue with it, I fix it. The styling is a reflection of me but not the other way around. The bike doesnt turn me into someone that I am not already.
  • September 14, 2012 3:16 AM PDT
    Trust the bike, as the bike will trust you in return.
    • 3006 posts
    September 14, 2012 7:12 AM PDT
    Out driving with my new bike years ago,and the question came up as I was sitting by a cattle pasture watching some of them graze,it was a peacefull place.Looking over my bike framed against the pasture I noticed one of the cows gazing back at my bike.It hit me rite then,the name for my scoot, Blubelle stuck in my mind.
    As for me,everything in this world has a soul,its own character.Even machines,and she knows I know this & has always brought me safely home.Like the time my starter switch crapped out on me,we were at my house on a lunch break, came out went to fire her up ..nothing....its like wtf?? yet I realized she picked the best spot for me to break down at This is my 5th scooter & all of them had names,and all of them were worthy bikes.
  • September 19, 2012 3:03 PM PDT
    No..honey..you will never get the Dragon back! sorry baby!!
    • 1780 posts
    September 19, 2012 7:26 PM PDT
    Well everyone I guess I stand corrected ........Plesae forgive me for bringing this. Problem into the family!
    Dragon
    • 85 posts
    September 19, 2012 11:18 PM PDT
    I havnt really named my bike yet,I put MY V-Star on the garage,I figure Ill know when the right name comes that really fits,Ill let yall know when it comes. Ride safe ride hard
  • September 20, 2012 4:40 AM PDT
    I dont name mine.....but other people do.....Thats why "Big Yella" is called Big Yella..... The Jet Trike was called "Colossus" even before it was finished being built, so that sticks-and besides-its welded onto the top fuel tank...lol...The Harley is just the Harley.....
    • 1 posts
    September 20, 2012 1:50 PM PDT
    Both of mine have names, both of their names mean some thing... All 4 of the better halfs bikes have names and all of them fit his bikes. And when their are 6 in the shed they need names so you know witch bike a person is talking about. Also they are girls try putting a boy in with 6 girls that would be TROUBLE!!!
    And yes I have bonds with every bike in the shed. And all those relationships are different... THe problem I have is keeping them from getting jealious of each other.
    • 1161 posts
    September 21, 2012 11:12 AM PDT
    I'm glad you got the Dragon back! Hopefully many years of riding ahead for both of you!