Prayers for My Brother

• September 3, 2012 1:41 AM PDT
     Hi everyone,

I spent the last 5 days getting my brother home. Closer to me, he lived alone in northern Minnesota. He is in the end stages of liver failure. Long story short my father, sister and his twin brother were to make the arrangements and take care of him (he cannot live alone anymore) When I got there he was alone all day and none of his doctor appointments have been made. They don't care. Please send paryers to ease his passing.

Thanks
    Mary
    • 1364 posts
    September 3, 2012 1:44 AM PDT
    Thoughts and prayers to your brother, you , and your family
    • 544 posts
    September 3, 2012 2:03 AM PDT
    My thoughts and prayers are with you also. .
  • September 3, 2012 2:06 AM PDT
    Much Peace and strenght to you and the family. It is hard to watch our children pass before we do. Will light a white candle for him. May he be shown mercy and allowed to pass on with great grace. "T"
  • September 3, 2012 3:43 AM PDT
    You and your Brother are in my Prayers!
    • 16780 posts
    September 3, 2012 4:18 AM PDT
    God bless you for doing right by him, and my he pass as peaceful and painless as possible.
    • 395 posts
    September 3, 2012 4:50 AM PDT
    positive thought to you and him..may his final days be filled with love and peace, and bless you for stepping up and doing what is right by him.
    • 3006 posts
    September 3, 2012 4:56 AM PDT
    Sending my prayers for a peacefull time & respite from the pain he & all who care abt him must be feeling.

Dont be too harsh on those family members who cant shoulder the burden w/you, often times its a state of denial being manifested & a complete failure to grasp the reality of their own existance. Eventually they do come around & one can only feel sorrow for their loss at a chance to be at peace w/themselves ovr their own behavior.

Kudo's to you for doing the right thing by him !!!
    Stay strong be Positive & dont stop believeing all things happen for a good reason in this world.
    • 18989 posts
    September 3, 2012 10:31 PM PDT
    Hoping for a quick and easy release from his (and your) suffering.
  • September 4, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
    Prayers your way.

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him

1 Corinthians 2:9
  • September 5, 2012 12:30 AM PDT
    Thank you all for the kind words and support. I just can not tolerate mean people, and those 3 are. The more I find out the madder I get. My father, sister and other brother have known since March of this year. They told Geoff that the family knew he was ill. (even though they never told anyone) They had him thinking no one cared if he lived or died, then they left him up north all alone. It breaks my heart thinking how sad he must have felt these last few months. He was in the hospital yesterday to have fluid removed, and to get a unit of blood. He is stable and I think it is a matter of a week or two. I take comfort knowing that he now knows the truth. That a lot of people love him. Thank you all for the kind words and prayers.

sorry for the double posts. now my computer isn't working right.
  • September 5, 2012 12:43 AM PDT
    All my thoughts and prayers today will be for you and your bro. God bless both of you.
    • 658 posts
    September 5, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
    Mary, Both he and you have been added to my prayer list. Him for an peaceful passing and you for comfort. May I suggest Hospice if you have that where you live, contact them for assistance. They can help you both alot... May God be with you.
  • September 6, 2012 2:44 AM PDT
    Mary,

I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I wish I had some "magic" words to offer that could make this a little more bearable. I do know that the power of prayer is an awesome force to have working for you. There have been times in my life I could feel His touch comforting me when nothing else could.

Just KNOW that you have a "family" at CycleFish that are here for y'all.

Stay strong and keep the faith!
    BIGG
    • 846 posts
    September 6, 2012 3:49 AM PDT
    My thoughts are with you and your brother. Your a true sister to be there for your brother as I know how difficult it can be to care for someone else.