gay bikers

• May 25, 2010 1:57 AM PDT
    My point is, it would depend on what kind of people they are. Their sexual preference is not the issue for me. Just because someone is gay and flamboyantly gay would not deter for me from leaving my children with them. Gay people are not sexual predators and they are not going to pervert my children. Who will my children be safer and better cared for would be my deciding factor. Besides if they were my nieghbors I would know them and we would all be having coffee together. The housewive's and the gay couple!!
  • June 13, 2010 7:22 AM PDT
    wow i have to respond to this one lol well i have gay friends and bi friends best people you would ever meet they know i am straight and respect it. none has ever pushed gay ideas or gay rights crap on me im not a supporter but to each its own i wont bash them for being gaynore judge anyone for any reason. if it does not effect me its none of my business or my concern
    • 1780 posts
    June 13, 2010 7:54 AM PDT
    I think I've pretty much said my piece on this subject, but I had a strange vision........So your jaming down the slab, looking cool as possible when you notice a biker in your mirrow coming along side you. When they get even with you you look over, and this person looks like Elton John in full Elton John clothes and sunglasses, and say's want to stop for a beer. OK I relize first impressions, and all that may or may not be what they seem, but really how many of us would say.....sure enought tinker bell lead on. Once again it's all about ones confort zone. The dude may be as cool as hell, but we will never find out because of the way he looks. Now if the dude was gay as a 3 dollor bill and looked like most of us, and said that.....I would have said hell yea lead on, as I did today while I was out riding.
    OK that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • June 13, 2010 8:46 AM PDT
    I don't like a lot of people...just ask my wife. I know turds that are straight, gay, purple, asian, American, and any other classifier you can think of.  My issue is always respect.  I wouldn't want a gay friend to flaunt there sexuallity in front of me no more than I'd like my straight friend to drop F bombs in front of my kids or straights to show excessive PDA's either.

We were at a ballgame and some twenty somethings were setting in front of us and had been drinking. One of the couples were tickiling tonsils and it was starting to make it uncomfortable for me because my kids were setting there.  One of my little ones piped up and said "ewww, they're sticking their tongues in each others mouths" and that was enough for them to take note and straighten up. It all comes down to what is thought to be comfortable and acceptable in public. 

When you look at it in stripped down terms, who you choose to show your most personal attention to and share the aspects of this experience in the journey of life has nothing to do with you as a person.  I'd ride with gay bikers, just like I'd ride with anyone else who shows to be a respectable person and not out to try and shock the world with antics, whatever antics they may be.  If those antics draw negative attention, I'm probably going to distance myself depending on what I believe the consequences may be for me by proxy.  If it means someone else may think I'm gay too, who cares?  If it means a whole bar of homophobes my decide to collectively kick our asses, well then those are different consequences that may affect the rest of my personal and finacial wellbeing.
  • June 13, 2010 9:44 AM PDT
    defcon thats the point keep it in private and not project it on others. im not homophobic and enjoy my gay friends company and alot of them are bikers but mainly they r people and most i will say most do have respect
  • g
    June 13, 2010 11:52 AM PDT
    a dont care ,as long as they dont try and rim ma ring pice .
  • July 18, 2010 7:34 PM PDT
    I take issue with how we are defining comfort level or comfort zone. It is, by and large, something that we have full control of and we ALWAYS have full control of our reactions when those boundaries are crossed. It's a pure matter of self confidence and has nothing to do with the aggessor. For example, If a gay man got too close in an intimate way or touch me in an inappropriate way, I would say don't do that again. I would not pull out the tough biker tude and beat the shit out of him. Knowing full well that violence is the last resort of a limited mind, I would ride with any capable rider regardless of preference, race, gender. Private?? There's not much private abount Glencoe or the Chip after midnight. People do what they want. Bikers are not a lot different that hippies in leather. Tolerance works both ways.
    • 223 posts
    August 27, 2010 3:45 AM PDT
    bullmoose wrote...
    Would you still ride with someone if you found out he or she was gay. Say a guy or gril down the street is riding past your place and ask you if you wanted to go for a ride so you do. You go for a couple more rides and thats all it is just someone to ride with. Than you find out that person is gay. Would you still ride with them? I know alot of us say thay will ride someone on a metric bike or a sports bike or a black biker or white biker or a chick or guy what ever but does this acceptance go as far as having a riding bud thats gay? Just wanted to know.   Moose

Well, if you rode with them before you found out they were gay, why wouldn't you ride with them after you found out they were gay?  A person's sexual orientation means nothing to me.  I don't believe all gay people are pedophiles anymore than I believe all traight people are virtuous.  I don't think my gay friends are set on getting into my ass and I don't think they're going to try and "turn" me to their lifestyle.

Having said that, I also don't believe it's any of my business who falls in love with who, anymore than it's my business what kind of bike they ride.  One thing that does get on my nerves though, are the ones who have to go around broadcasting they're gay and tring to prove a point.  Straight people don't normally go around broadcasting they're straight, so give it a rest. Stop trying to make a point that no one really cares about until you make it an issue.

I'll ride with anyone and everyone, as long as their pink isn't brighter than mine... 

Seriously though, I really don't care who or what you ride...  as long as you're riding and riding safe, that's all I'm worried about. 

• g
    August 27, 2010 11:31 PM PDT
    spot on !!
  • August 28, 2010 12:15 AM PDT
    yep i would but they wouldnt ride bitch with me lol whats differance? its about the ride thought all bikers were tolerant with fellow riders no matter
    • 0 posts
    August 30, 2010 6:06 PM PDT
    Ok for staters that pink camo shirt at the chip was a joke not a statement.. My missus and i have ridden with gay doods.....didnt know it at the time but made stuff all difference when we found out.....Although im a very attractive man none of the big bad gays hit on me at all, not that im dissapointed.People get weird over strange stuff, i dont give a shit who i ride with as long as their not arseholes.........simple theories for simple men.