gay bikers

• January 4, 2010 6:22 AM PST
    I too, like Cara2play, also have a gay family member, so I have made lots of friends over the years, male and female that are gay. I've never felt uncomfortable around people who are different than me. Quite the opposite! I have always enjoyed the company of people who are different. It's what makes life interesting. I have known many a "flamer" over the years also, that were loving, generous, FUNNY people. A dear friend of my sisters, who was a "flamer" was just hit by a car and killed down in the Keys, while riding a moped. The world is going to be a sadder place without Richie. That said, all of the gay women I hang with know that I'm straight. They all respect that and have no interest in hitting on me. Well....., except for one. She's been trying to convince me to go to the other side for about 20yrs. But, it's a standing joke with us now.
    Like many before me have said, "Cast the first stone" and "Live and let Live" There are more important things to worry about in this world. Like homelessness and hunger and illness and the list goes on and on.
  • January 4, 2010 6:24 AM PST
    G,
    You are TOO funny, my man, you crack me up! Please keep up the humor, we need more like you!
    • 119 posts
    January 4, 2010 7:03 AM PST
    My step brother died from AIDS. Did I believe in his life style, no. Did I love him like a brother, yes. Judge him,never.
    Each their own.
    I believe it comes down to respect. Respect me and I'll respect you, or I'm history.
    But no man "gay or straight" is riding bitch on my bike.
  • January 4, 2010 7:17 AM PST
    The question was: would I ride with a gay person-as long as they are safe to ride with, in other words know how to ride their ride, I don't care what they do in the dark -for me, it's all about the ride. Live to ride-ride to live.
  • January 4, 2010 7:37 AM PST
    I have to agree with what most said here. As long as the person was a good person, and a safe rider, I couldn't really care about their personal life. A few have said as long as they don't flaunt it and act fairy like, than it would be ok. Well I wouldn't hang around anyone who acted fairy like gay or not.
    • 277 posts
    January 4, 2010 7:39 AM PST
    I have no problem with sexual preference. I'm happy being straight and married to Lucky! But seriously, if a guy was a total "Flamer", would he be riding a motorcycle in the first place????
  • January 4, 2010 7:57 AM PST
    g wrote...
    male or female ?? ,at a party in glasgow ,scotland .

You guys can have this one on your team.......... the str8 team.......

Burgi

• January 4, 2010 8:11 AM PST
    One other comment I need to make. I read a lot of threads here, people talking about being accepted for who they are and not being judged or being stereo typed as an "outlaw biker" because of their chosen lifestyle. Bikes, leathers, tatoos, whatever makes people afraid or intimidated by the look, before they get to know you. I have experienced it myself. I was in a diner with my boyfriend and this old man made a comment as we were leaving, "Those are the kind of people we see on Most Want TV Show." We looked around to see who he was talking about, then realized he was talking about us. We were shocked, then not. We certainly were'nt expecting it in my tiny town where I have lived for 11yrs.
  • January 4, 2010 8:14 AM PST
    I think we can all agree,we ride because we enjoy it!As long as your not buddy buddy on the same bike what should it matter. I mean your not having sex on the bike your just enjoying the same thing,I prefer a nice studdly looking male on the back of my bike,lol but I am straight and female.if you choose to ride with them just let them know up front which way you swing.I have only heard, but most gay men/women can tell if you are one as well without saying much to them.just my take on it....ride free, ride hard!
    • 1516 posts
    January 4, 2010 8:51 AM PST
    Well the man upstairs says, "Judge not lest you be judged" Thank goodness that is not my job, so I will agree with Night Dragon, I am good as long as they dont' make me feel uncomfortable!!
  • January 4, 2010 9:03 AM PST
    Of course, why wouldn't I. I am riding with them not having sex with them. I don't see riding with someone as something intimate and as something completely gender neutral. Those that wouldn't is it because you see it as something intimate?
  • January 4, 2010 9:13 AM PST
    Lot of what God said going around. This must be one of those "hot" topics.
    Somewhere there is a list of does and don'ts, I lost mine... think that was on the list too.
    I always thought the judging thing was a warning about the sentence you pass, not the judgement leading to it.
    If you aren't aloud to discern right from wrong that's kind of silly.
    It's more of an issue of what you think should happen to them.
    Maybe we are just supposed to keep in mind that we all get the same sentence. Morrison said it best. No One Here Gets Out Alive!

That was more like my ten cents worth, you can give back the change if you want.
  • January 4, 2010 9:14 AM PST
    Who cares, I ride with whom ever, I know who I am and don't give a shit what anyone thinks , I am straight, but know some gay guys that ride, and they r not flamming, just riding as a group, who cares, live and let live...keep on riding.Happy New Year everyone
  • January 4, 2010 9:23 AM PST
    Well, I have to tell you people, I would ride with you even though you are straight. Doesn't bother me in the least.
    • 190 posts
    January 4, 2010 9:30 AM PST
    loli..ok...i know this is my turn to pay CycleFish dues and chime in...here goes...
    as long as you dont 'flame' on me and keep it to yourself i really dont care. Dont get too comfortable with me and start eyeballin dudes in my presense cuz im not havin any of that. Whatever rocks your boat,i guess but what Dyna said was freakin hilarious and spot on.
    I love women, all shapes sizes colors...If you ride then ride. But if you ride to glide then glide somewhele else,ok.
    • 190 posts
    January 4, 2010 9:33 AM PST
    oh, one more thing......I got lots of friends and buds ( well, maybe not lots) but whatever makes them happy in their own skin but as for the guys dont start swappin spit in front of me. Thats all im askin and we'll get along just fine. As for gay women, hmm, i kno alot of guys are assholes so i kinda can see where you would get burnt out on us......
    For Ridin partners i prefer to know which way the bone blows....
  • January 4, 2010 9:33 AM PST
    Used to live in NYC and hang with the Dykes on Bikes back in 1989/1991 or so, so I have no prob. with it, but I come from a Entertainment background so gays are common. As long as they aren't imposing on me and were just riding....come on lets go find the twisties
    • 190 posts
    January 4, 2010 10:25 AM PST
    yeah...just ride and be happy. thats all.....
    • 212 posts
    January 4, 2010 11:40 AM PST
    Sure why not? We are just riding--Thats all.
    And G thats got to be a guy!!
  • January 4, 2010 12:15 PM PST
    Live to ride, ride to live. Be tolerant of all, unless they get up in your shit. Like someone said before, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
    If you think about it, there are probably lots of straight people out there you would choose not to ride with, either. Take everyone on their own merits.
  • January 4, 2010 12:28 PM PST
    It wouldn't bother me...it's just like... one rider rides a metric bike and the other rides a harley..... A rider is a rider no matter what their prefrence is....
    • 1161 posts
    January 4, 2010 1:20 PM PST
    Well...  if it is a guy he will know i want no part of that but we can be friends i have gay (Guy) friends but none of them ride.   As for Females I am different....   lol
  • January 4, 2010 1:21 PM PST
    Ok, since folks are throwin the bible around but only on the feel good, live and let live side. Here is what the bible says directly about the subject. Don't get me wrong, I'm a looooong way from the bible thumpin thing. I just like to play devil's advocate ( no pun intended ) when people like to throw scripture around.

Leviticus 18:22 says:

“ Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; it is an abomination. ”

and Leviticus 20:13 states:

“ If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

It may be hypocritical but if it's a lesbian, come on, let's ride. If it's a guy, nah. Just get on ur moped and go on.
  • January 4, 2010 1:22 PM PST
    You can say what you want, but when I ride, I don't care, as long as the wind is my hair and a smile on my face. Gay, straight, I don't judge.

I quit drinking a couple of years ago, but I don't shun by buds who still do, nor judge them. I just don't want them drinking and riding and crashing, 'cuz crashing SUCKS!
  • g
    January 5, 2010 2:02 AM PST
    sidetrack wrote...
    G,
    You are TOO funny, my man, you crack me up! Please keep up the humor, we need more like you!

thanks,its a scottish thing ,i think