Valentino Rossi back with Yamaha

• August 15, 2012 3:31 PM PDT
    I just read that Valentino Rossi refused a private deal to continue with Ducati in MotoGP. Rossie signed with Yamaha again for the 2013-14 seasons. As a Yamaha rider I'm elated. Valentino won some world championships with Yamaha, and glad he's returning where he belongs. I'm not sure if any at Cyclefish follow MotoGP or AMA speedway racing, but this is huge. Any race fans out there?
    • 5420 posts
    August 15, 2012 8:17 PM PDT
    Yep, I love all types of motorcycle racing. I kind of thought that would be coming with Rossi having no major wins since moving to Ducati, but thought that he would have stuck it out just a little longer. There is no doubt /Ducati has a great team and I think they probably could have figured out how to get in the winners circle with Rossi... hell Casey Stoner sure did well on their bikes.

But sometimes its not all about the machines, its where you feel the best fit. A rider, or any athlete, will perform much better on a team he's comfortable with and Rossi seemed to be real comfortable at Yamaha.

Oh well I hope the return to Yamaha works for him and he's not just loosing his edge. Personally I like Hayden and Lorenzo, but Rossi always provides some good exciting racing when he's on his game.
  • August 16, 2012 2:31 AM PDT
    Rossi has been kinda my idol since I was a kid....Alex Criville being another fav during my childhood days!
    Doesn't matter for me which team he races for (although I personally like the Repsol Honda), I just want him to win more

7 MotoGP titles with different teams just shows how good he is. I wish though he does race with more different teams and wins just to show that its not just the machine but also the skills that matter on the track.

2011 was really bad one for Rossi...no wins...just one podium....and that devastating incident with Simoncelli
    His Ducati I felt was not that stable. Hope he gets back his form somewhat this season.
    • 3006 posts
    August 17, 2012 6:37 AM PDT
    Not a true fan yet I was fortunate enough one time to win a pair of pit passes along w/other perks to Laguna Seca for the Superbike races, I brought along a lady friend of mine & we had a lot of fun.We had reserved trackside seating along with access to a hospitality tent w/open bar.
    Rossi is a name I recognize from those days,and often heard about his riding ability,after watching a race up close n personal & gettin to meet & chat with some riders,I realize just how tough & demanding the sport is.
    • 5420 posts
    August 17, 2012 6:42 AM PDT
    Well you definitely got to go to one of the most fun tracks in the US and really a great place to see the races! Used to go there a lot and just wander from turn to trun spending most of my time on the infield by the cork-screw.

For some reason I just haven't gone in a few years, but I need to change that!!!
  • August 18, 2012 3:09 AM PDT
    Rossi, Lorenzo and Spies, Yamaha definitely has a pretty good line up.
    • 3006 posts
    August 18, 2012 4:14 AM PDT
    I feel blessed up here in that sense, I have two excellent raceways within 90 minutes riding time.The races are always a good deal more exciting live & up close,one has a better feeling for the forces the riders are trying to handle while coming out of a turn at 150+..Yet I will always miss those flat track dirt races my Dad used to take me to on the weekends in Fremont,talk about insane !!! Those riders had some serious cajones!!!
  • August 31, 2012 5:56 AM PDT
    I think he just clicks better with the Yamaha team. Can't wait to see he back in the winners circle in 2013!
  • January 26, 2013 3:31 AM PST
    Just a few more weeks and we'll see what happens with the new team!
  • January 27, 2013 3:44 PM PST
    Yep cant wait, also looking to see what Spies will do this year. FIM I am looking to see if BMW can bring some more excitement back into the scene, had some awesome races last year, last lap, last corner 50 feet from the line you had no idea who will win - awesome racing!
  • January 27, 2013 3:48 PM PST
    MotoGP with the new kid Marquez on the Honda - we will see how he does moving up from Moto2, he dominated there pretty much the season