Just wonder why...??

• August 12, 2012 6:46 PM PDT

Hello fellow riders, I don't want to get anything started here but I just wondered  why SOME.. (NOT All) male riders will not wave at a woman rider?     Just curious...

Leather up, ride safe, and enjoy life..

SwtLadyRyder

• 5417 posts
    August 12, 2012 7:23 PM PDT
    Not sure if its maybe your area??? But around here almost all riders wave to most every other rider no matter of type of bike, gender, color or anything else for that matter.

Not sure if I could even tell if it was a male or female rider by the time I usually put my hand out.
    • 19004 posts
    August 12, 2012 10:06 PM PDT
    Never seen that. Hell most men I know go out of their way to get a girls attention.
    • 9 posts
    August 12, 2012 10:55 PM PDT
    I've NEVER had that particular problem. Most times, like Mike said, they go outta their way to get my attention!
    (Some, I worried a lil' over...lol)

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 13, 2012 12:05 AM PDT
    Hmm, I have to agree with the masses here. I've never noticed guys not waving. I'm really not one to instigate the biker wave but my husband does, so I have noticed.
    • 2 posts
    August 13, 2012 12:35 AM PDT
    As far as we are concerned those other gestures we make count as a wave.
  • August 13, 2012 2:41 AM PDT
    Probly just newbies tryin' to hold on to the damn handlebars. lol No other reason YOU wouldn't get a wave.
    • 16795 posts
    August 13, 2012 3:28 AM PDT
    At least 3 of the riders in my bunch most times are female.
    I wave at everybody on a bike.
    • 3006 posts
    August 13, 2012 4:21 AM PDT
    Some riders just dont have a clue do they ? LOL

Each to their own, for whatever reason, someone deliberately doesnt return a wave its their loss. Its sad to think upon at times yet thats life & I do not let other riders lack of manners/respect bother me much anymore when I encounter it. Eventually those riders learn that lesson the hard way when I pass them broke down on the side of the road  
    • 1780 posts
    August 13, 2012 4:28 AM PDT
    I wave at all riders........some will not wave back, but that's there hang up, not mind.
  • August 13, 2012 5:01 AM PDT
    some times its the company your in, if your riding with other males some males won't wave cause they don't want to be disrespectful to the dudes in the group if one was husband/beau, This came from a dude I asked why, Another reason is some dudes still believe that its 1970 and your invading their space, others are just fools. Really its a who gives a ratss ass. I've been riding for years I've been not waved at, not helped, not a lot of things from the guys over the years, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I was still riding and enjoying it reguardless of a few smacked asses or not. Out there on the road there are so many things to really worry about that this is just trival, let it go and march on you know who and what you are and don't need their approval, I know I sure as hell don't. have a great one "T"
  • August 13, 2012 9:09 AM PDT
    I hardly ever wave anymore...unless waved to...THIS place is full of eastern europeans!!! and they dont even acknowledge their own people, let alone the original inhabitants of this country, and besides, none of them can ride what they got, usually see them nursing wounds on the sides of the road where they just crashed.....
  • August 13, 2012 9:09 AM PDT
    I hardly ever wave anymore...unless waved to...THIS place is full of eastern europeans!!! and they dont even acknowledge their own people, let alone the original inhabitants of this country, and besides, none of them can ride what they got, usually see them nursing wounds on the sides of the road where they just crashed.....
  • August 13, 2012 10:07 AM PDT
    There are only two instances where I don't wave. #1 I'm near a big rally and I don't wan't to wear my arm out #2 is when I'm shifting, other than that I wave at everyone that rides by. Btw I have noticed that alot of riders in our area will have their backseater wave and not the rider? what is with that? just wondering
  • August 13, 2012 7:23 PM PDT
    Thank you all for your input. Maybe it is the location. I live in an area where there are not a lot of lady riders. I dont let it bother me... was just curious. I enjoy riding not much will stop me.

Leather up, ride safe and enjoy life
    SwtLadyRyder
    • 658 posts
    August 13, 2012 9:29 PM PDT
    I wave at most every bike I pass unless I can't get my hand up. Don't care if they wave back, it's their hangup.
  • August 13, 2012 10:19 PM PDT
    Well, I for one am a waver......

Any rider or ride...brothers and sisters we are...
    • 580 posts
    August 14, 2012 10:11 AM PDT
    Round here it's a nod rather than a wave - though further oop north where g lives waves are more popular. I've never had anyone not nod or wave because I'm a woman rider. However, some of the 'power rangers' - ie sports bike riders in all in one leathers - don't often nod unless youre on another sports bike.
    • 601 posts
    August 14, 2012 10:48 AM PDT
    never ever...........made that mistake 28 years ago and I'm still married to the "wavee"....
  • August 14, 2012 4:33 PM PDT
    I've noticed that some wave, and some don't. Being a female doesn't have anything to do with it in my area. I try to wave at all bikes. There are times I've missed someone until they were past, or getting away from a stop light and both hands were busy.
    • 846 posts
    August 15, 2012 7:04 AM PDT
    I wave to everyone. I don't even know sometimes if they're male, female or other. The only exceptions are tight turns, shifting or i just didn't see ya. Some wave back some don't and those that don't I don't give a dam about.
  • August 15, 2012 3:28 PM PDT
    Never understood the whole biker wave or the "brotherhood" crap. Why would I wave at total strangers just because they happen to own a bike as well? I don't wave at everyone I see driving a Ford truck, or at everyone I see wearing Wrangler jeans, so what's the deal with waving at bikes?

I wave at those who I know, or maybe a nod at a light to someone with a nice chop (not the bolt on wannabe customs) but I just do not get the biker wave, and even more so, those who are offended by not waving back.

However, i do wave at the hotties riding tough. lol
  • August 15, 2012 3:52 PM PDT
    If you're on two wheels, and you're not one of the patches around here that will screw with anyone that acknowledges your presence (two of the pretend 1% clubs around here are assholes), and my hand isn't holding the clutch, then I wave. Even the Outlaw MC chapter here gets a wave, and generally wave back.
    • 1516 posts
    August 15, 2012 4:22 PM PDT
    Maybe they are just to nervous to let go of the handles...lol
    • 0 posts
    August 15, 2012 5:14 PM PDT
    I wave, I drool, I get wood... Yah I'm just a dork...LOL

Gotta love the ladies!