B.A.C.A. Chapters....

• 395 posts
    July 25, 2012 1:01 AM PDT
     Hey brothers and sisters..I have found chapters in every area but mine....any one know of a chapter close to the Kentucky area?
    • 9 posts
    July 25, 2012 1:22 AM PDT

Tis a Good Thing, these folks do!  Support a local, in your neck of the woods.

The 11-year-old girl hears the rumble of their motorcycles, rich and deep, long before she sees them. She chews her bottom lip, nervous.

They are coming for her.

The bikers roar into sight, a pack of them, long-haired and tattooed, with heavy boots and leather vests, and some riding double. They circle the usually quiet Gilbert cul-de-sac, and the noise pulls neighbors from behind slatted wood blinds and glossy front doors.

One biker stops at the mouth of the street, parks in the middle of the road and stands guard next to his motorcycle, arms crossed.

The rest back up to the curb in front of the girl's house, almost in formation, parking side by side. There are 14 motorcycles in all, mostly black and shiny chrome. The bikers rev their engines again before shutting them down.

The sudden silence is deafening. The girl's mother takes her hand.

The leader of this motorcycle club is a 55-year-old man who has a salt-and-pepper Fu Manchu and wears his hair down past his shoulders. He eases off his 2000 Harley Road King and approaches the little girl.

He is formidable, and intimidating, and he knows it. So he bends low in front of the little girl and puts out his hand, tanned and weathered from the sun and wind: "Hi, I'm Pipes."

"Nice to meet you," she says softly, her small hand disappearing in his.

Pipes - the bikers all go by their road names for security - steps back and another biker comes forward, also bent low and hand out, smiling. She has a long blond ponytail, and her name is Nytro. Next is D'Animal, his arms thick with muscles, a do-rag covering his head.

Rock, who is as solid as one, assures the little girl: "I'm really a nice guy." She smiles. And then there's Pumpkin and, whoa, the girl looks way up, squinting against the morning sun. "Hi, I'm Tree," he says, and he's as tall as one.

Sassy. Rembrandt. And then Harmony and Shiraz, and the child does a double take. Yes, there are two of them, twin biker chicks. Surely. Uno. Smiles. Tool. Mo Money. Bigg Dogg. Fat Daddy. Ghost Daddy. Father Time. And Trucker, who's louder than all the others.

The girl chewing on her lip was abused by a relative, according to police reports - someone she should have been able to trust. He's not in the state any longer, but the criminal case is progressing slowly, so he's not in jail, either.

He still terrorizes her at night, even though he's nowhere near. She wakes, heart pounding. The nightmare feels real again. She never feels safe, even with her parents just downstairs.

The unruly-looking mob in her driveway is there to help her feel safe again. They are members of the Arizona chapter of Bikers Against Child Abuse International, and they wear their motto on their black leather vests and T-shirts: "No child deserves to live in fear."

This one is very afraid.

• 395 posts
    July 25, 2012 1:27 AM PDT
    Thanks Tweek...such a great group of brothers and sisters...doing awesome work....something i feel very strongly about...there are many more stories like this one..always wanted to be a part of something awesome..that i could do great good in without ever expecting a thank you..something close to my heart....i believe i have found it.
    • 1855 posts
    July 25, 2012 1:32 AM PDT
    http://kentucky.bacaworld.org/ />
    Here ya go. But KY is a pretty big place.  There are chapters in southern ohio and in Indiana and in Tn, etc.

Peace
    • 395 posts
    July 25, 2012 1:53 AM PDT
    thanks jimmy..was hoping to find a "real " person i could chat with about what i could do to help...seeing as my appearance ain't gonna intimidate any one....lol
    • 1855 posts
    July 25, 2012 4:59 AM PDT
    thanks jimmy..was hoping to find a "real " person i could chat with about what i could do to help...seeing as my appearance ain't gonna intimidate any one....lol

I use to know a person down in Kentucky.  As I was trying to remember her name I glanced through some of your photos.  Now I can't remember what the hell I was suppose to be doing.  There ought to be a law against people as good looking as you  and me. 

Peace

• July 25, 2012 9:06 AM PDT
    I wish they had a chapter closer to me, I would really like to be part of this.
  • July 25, 2012 9:34 AM PDT
    I was totally unaware of such a group.
    This is awesome.
    I am thankful groups like this exist.
    • 9 posts
    July 25, 2012 5:55 PM PDT
    Thanks Tweek...such a great group of brothers and sisters...doing awesome work....something i feel very strongly about...there are many more stories like this one..always wanted to be a part of something awesome..that i could do great good in without ever expecting a thank you..something close to my heart....i believe i have found it.

Hey Babygirl...If you're gonna get behind somethin', this is a great place to start.  You can support them (on the fringe) til you find a chapter close by.  And...anyone can support them thru the International site. http://bacaworld.org/ ;
    I find helpin' others in ANY form, to be very soul satisfyin'.  But for the kids, especially.  Rock on, BACA! 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 1855 posts
    July 26, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
    You can also "form" a chapter in your area.

Peace
    • 395 posts
    July 26, 2012 5:10 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...

I use to know a person down in Kentucky.  As I was trying to remember her name I glanced through some of your photos.  Now I can't remember what the hell I was suppose to be doing.  There ought to be a law against people as good looking as you  and me. 

Peace

Should i put a disclaimer on the profile?..not responsible if you get sidetracked?...lol

• July 26, 2012 3:41 PM PDT
    I went to the bike rally this year in Sturgis, KY. Little Sturgis was cancelled, but they had this rally. I've gotta ask, what does BACA stand for?
    • 19007 posts
    July 26, 2012 9:48 PM PDT
    Bikers Against Child Abuse