Home Defense

• 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 1:37 AM PST
    I know this is one of those touchy subject's but........on the news last we had another home envasion, and it seems like we are starting to have a lot, especially at elderly homes.
    You may not want to talk about this subject, but it has become a big problem, and like it or not if someone breaks into your home the police WILL NOT get there in time to help you! It is you and the bad guy / guys....mono e mono. I hope everyone is prepaired to defend to the end if necessary you life and property.
    I was just wondering what kind of home defense each one of us has to get the job done.

For me on my side of the bed I have this sawed off 12 ga double barrel shotgun and this 40 cal on the night stand. On Angle Eyes side of the bed she has a sawed off 410 ga and a 9mm.

Show us your defense

The Night Dragon
  • January 2, 2010 2:59 AM PST
    I have this viscious guard dog on duty at all times, Josephine  about 6 pounds.

and for those other times..... .45, .9mm,.32, and and old old (older then me even) .38 revolver

• 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 3:07 AM PST
    Nice colection you have there wolf

Dragon
  • g
    January 2, 2010 3:18 AM PST
    wow ,shit ,ive a stick some place .
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 3:22 AM PST
    g.....what is the crime rate like in Scotland???

Dragon
  • January 2, 2010 3:26 AM PST
    I am a staunch supporter of 2nd amendment rights. I have a concealed carry permit and am usually armed with a variety of guns, everything from .22 to .40 to 12ga. In NE you can NOT defend property with deadly force. We are lobbying for 'castle laws' to change that.
    • 83 posts
    January 2, 2010 3:30 AM PST

How about Lou & Bodei................

• g
    January 2, 2010 3:37 AM PST
    no much crime in scotland ,u have the shoplifter and the odd bike or car theft ,that's about it .BUT IT IS GETTING BAD FOR DRUGS ,loads of english wankers taking up drugs to aberdeen from london or liverpool ,fooking english scum bags .
  • January 2, 2010 3:55 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Nice colection you have there wolf

Dragon

Thankyou sir. I live and ride in the mountains ,consequently I have to share territory with a bear now and then. I got the .45 for those days when the bear wants more then his share.
  • January 2, 2010 4:51 AM PST
    The attached pic is the sign that sits attached to the light pole in my front yard.  The same sign is on stickers next to the front and back entrances to my home.  Inside you'll be welcomed by various weapons of varying calibers around the house.  I will tell you that there is a Mossberg 500 Tactical 12ga next to the bed as well as my carry Glock and a hand made 14" blade machetee just for S&G.  The antique pisols and other rifles are locked up so you don't have to worry about them.  Or do you??????
    • 2 posts
    January 2, 2010 5:30 AM PST
    Have a Hund that sounds like The Terminator on speed (actually very sweet)
    12 ga corn sheller w/ 18" bbl, under the bed - magazine full - 2 bird - 2 buck - 1 slug. Stored cocked, chamber empty, safety on - needs 3 motions to make it ready.
    Since that might be difficult to pull off w/ sleep numbed hands keep a machete w/ the sheath taped to the bed rail
    Keep looking for a double bbl, hammer gun. - Would feel safe keeping that loaded & ready-to-go

NY is impossible on pistol permits.
  • January 2, 2010 6:45 AM PST
    380 with hydro shock for carry, 40 cal for carry, 12 gage in the closet 30.30 in the closet, sks in the living room and 44 mag at hands reach , live in northern Minnesota with the bears cougars links and the cows have me surrounded. lol
    • 1040 posts
    January 2, 2010 6:50 AM PST
  • January 2, 2010 7:28 AM PST
    Scerated KBar, my best friend, always carry a blade along with two digital cameras and one AF Film Body.
    Not much use for guns, there's enough of them out there to do the job.
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 8:14 AM PST
    You know what g I don't what it is but I'm actually starting to understand your lingo. scary

The Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 8:15 AM PST
    Hambone i think I would rather be shot than hacked up with your super knife.........
    Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 8:23 AM PST
    FYI.....Angel Eyes and I just returned from a ride where we ran into some of our brothers at one of our watering holes. Two of them got shot up a few days ago by a car load of Hispanics for no reason. They were just sitting on their bikes in a parking shooting the shit, and these low lifes shot em up. Bad thing .....not one of our friends had a piece on them. Hey wake up people we live in a dangerous world, I wish we didn't, oh God I wish we didn't... but we do. I NEVER leave home without a piece on me.

Night Dragon
  • January 2, 2010 9:25 AM PST
    I gots a 9 round single action 6 inch barrel 22  as well as a machette n if that fails a louieville slugger all by the bed.

For the ones that choose to try n break into my cars.bike garage or shop I gots n air powered pellet rifle n if I'm really pissed I gots a 80lb compound bow with hunting arrows.

I posses a conceled handgun liscense so I usually carry a 5 round, single action 22 palm gun. you see the cool thing bout a 22 is sometimes the wound can't be detected even with with a mri so internal bleeding gets em.

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Ride Safe n Ride Respectful
  • January 2, 2010 10:45 AM PST
    hambone wrote...
    The attached pic is the sign that sits attached to the light pole in my front yard.  The same sign is on stickers next to the front and back entrances to my home.  Inside you'll be welcomed by various weapons of varying calibers around the house.  I will tell you that there is a Mossberg 500 Tactical 12ga next to the bed as well as my carry Glock and a hand made 14" blade machetee just for S&G.  The antique pisols and other rifles are locked up so you don't have to worry about them.  Or do you??????
    I like it hambone!  A new twist on the 'insured by Smith and Wesson' theme...
    • 190 posts
    January 2, 2010 11:15 AM PST
    I miss my Glock 19's and my hammerless Ruger 6 shot. Truth be told this once great country is fast goin down the toilet cuz we were all sleepin while the animals were at the gates. Thats how Rome fell-from within. People, we all gotta wake up and realize that we gotta defend ourselves. The freakin bleedin heart liberals have us all tied up in knots! Our founding fathers would be spiining in their graves to see what a complete mess of everything we made of it! Damn, ya got me started..
    • 1780 posts
    January 2, 2010 11:43 PM PST
    The thing of it was I with those guys that got shot just a few hours before. They went to this bar and Angle Eyes and I decided to go home. I had a colt 45 Combat Elite in my waist band all day, and I decided to go home instead of hang out with my brothers. I guess everything happens for a reason!

The Dragon
  • g
    January 3, 2010 10:13 AM PST
    aye dragon ,thing is im sure most o them wee fookers wid like a large stick up their ring pice .aye the english .llf
  • January 3, 2010 12:30 PM PST
    Government Model .45 and 12g coach gun right under edge of bed.
    • 513 posts
    January 3, 2010 12:40 PM PST
    We are not allowed to have guns in Ireland......................

However we are allowed to have dogs and a Hurley.
    A piece of ash that while being a sports implement defeated a whole British empire......hehehehehe.
    Used in the world fastest grass sport and can split a skull wide open.

I do wish we were allowed fire arms though!
    • 1161 posts
    January 3, 2010 2:55 PM PST
    This is 1 room with in hand reach with out the guns and swords.