Fathers Day.......

• June 16, 2012 2:36 AM PDT
    i would like to wish every dad out there a Happy Fathers Day!!!!!!!!  some of us have lost our fathers and they are now watching over us! i miss mine so much but i know he's in a better place! miss you dad, i love you
    • 5417 posts
    June 16, 2012 3:26 AM PDT
    Thanks Idamea!

I was just think yesterday how much I miss my dad. I lost him when I was in my early 20's which really sucks because I was an ass as a teenager and he never got a chance to see how I turned out or meet his grand kids, and I never got a chance to be his friend as an adult. I see all these other guys watching sports, fishing, golfing, riding with their dads and I can't help but think all I got to do with my dad was give him headaches.

Happy Father's Day Dad - I Miss You!
    • 21 posts
    June 16, 2012 3:28 AM PDT
    Thx!!!! Hoping to sneak a nice ride in!!
    • 1516 posts
    June 16, 2012 5:16 AM PDT
    Mine has been gone for years too. This is my son's almost first Fathers Day.. Happy Fathers Day all you dads!!!
    • 9 posts
    June 16, 2012 7:57 AM PDT

Well, I was gonna save this til tomorrow, but now's as good a time as any...thanks, IDA!

Lucky, believe me when I say, you're Dad LOVED you.  All kids can be azz's, we were no exception. The great thing is, all parents expect a certain amount of that, when they have us.  So, I'm sure nothing you did or didn't do, changed those feelin's for him.

I lost my dad, suddenly and unexpectedly at 28, and it devestated me.  He was grooming me and my brother to take over the family biz. The Moore Monument Company.  Yup, headstones.  Twas, kind of gruesome business, at times, but he did it with care and compassion.  And although, his wife subsequently closed the biz, and sold off all the inventory (without consulting us), I don't know that I could've done it justice.  My dad was a "salesman" first and foremost, and he knew how to "handle" people.  ME...not so much. lol

Do I think he would've been disappointed?  NO!  My dad knew we all had to do what we wanted to do in life, and he would've understood.  (I think he's up there thinkin'..."good call".)
    I miss him, and everytime Father's day rolls around, I spend the day thinkin' about all the great times we had, and wishin' I could just talk to him.  Someday, we'll catch up...

Ride Free
    Tweek

I love you and miss you.  HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, DAD!

• June 16, 2012 12:01 PM PDT
    Happy Fathers Day to all you Dad's and to all you Mom's who had to be both!!
    ~P
  • June 16, 2012 3:36 PM PDT
    I miss my Dad too! He taught me how to hunt and fish when I was just a little tyke. He coached our baseball teams and took me to Arkansas Razorback football games. I loved those weeks at the family deer camp after I'd grown up with him, mom, brother, and the family. Now my Dad and bro are in heaven. My brother rode a small cc cruiser to work and back, but my dad never did. He was more of a camper guy who had us all at the lake with him.

He'd take me to the Honda shop to see those CL and CB 100s, but Mom always had such a fit he never bought one. Needless to say, as soon as I got married and got my feet on the ground I got my first bike: a Suzuki GS 750. What I'd give to spend one more day with my dad, bro, mom, bro in law...at least God's promises are awesome.

Happy Father's Day guys
  • June 16, 2012 3:47 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Thanks Idamea!

I was just think yesterday how much I miss my dad. I lost him when I was in my early 20's which really sucks because I was an ass as a teenager and he never got a chance to see how I turned out or meet his grand kids, and I never got a chance to be his friend as an adult. I see all these other guys watching sports, fishing, golfing, riding with their dads and I can't help but think all I got to do with my dad was give him headaches.

Happy Father's Day Dad - I Miss You!
    your welcome lucky..... im sorry about your dad.... but i think your dad knows you turned out good ....... your dad loved you kno matter what im sure. Love just doesnt go away.... *idamae*
  • June 16, 2012 3:50 PM PDT
    thank you! you made me cry... love you guys:)
  • June 16, 2012 4:58 PM PDT
    In honor of my first "Best Friend"...my Daddy.  I miss him!
  • June 16, 2012 11:50 PM PDT
         Happy Father's Day, Those that passed, to those that are new Dad's today, Then there are some that do double duty. Dad Your needed far more than you know! with Love    "T"

• 567 posts
    June 17, 2012 1:15 AM PDT
    I too lost my dad .. I was in my early 30s. Now I have two sons in their late 30s. I wish they could have known their grandpa. He was a cool guy.
  • June 17, 2012 2:28 AM PDT
    awsome solarBill! your dad would be proud im sure!
  • Kaz
    June 17, 2012 2:39 AM PDT
    thanks, and happy fathers day to all the dads! ride safe!!
  • June 17, 2012 5:35 AM PDT
     Happy Fathers Day everyone! I am also missing my dad, a wondeful man. Who was caring and giving to all.......***Miss You Daddy***
    • 9 posts
    June 17, 2012 7:25 AM PDT

It's awesome and somewhat bittersweet to see all these tributes to Dad's who have crossed over.  With each one I see, my heart breaks a little more for each and every one of you.  Just hold onto those special memories, K?  Your Dad's are all still with you, in heart and spirit!  And for those of you blessed enough to still have that Dad, be there for them, K?  The way they were always there for you.  Like Our Father, in Heaven, their love for you has never changed.  And IF, you have lost touch with your Dad, for WHATEVER reason, I beseech you, make that call...TODAY!!!  You won't regret it.  And somethin' tells me, not only will you be glad that you did, both he and you, can overcome TOGETHER! 
    Be Blessed...ALL of YOU, Dads!

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 314 posts
    June 17, 2012 7:30 AM PDT
    Love all your pictures!
  • June 18, 2012 3:18 AM PDT
    Wish I had some pics of my pop... lost him in 2008 and I still miss him every damn day!
  • June 18, 2012 9:56 AM PDT
    my sister has all mine but he's in my heart. Black9 your pop is in you....
    • 2 posts
    June 18, 2012 10:53 AM PDT
    idamae wrote...
    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    .    . Black9 your pop is in you....

Sure hope that only a little of my old-man is in me, he was a mojor p***k,
    Hard, working, skilled, intelligent - know he loved us, think he respected me - I loved & respected him but man, was he a p***k

Did my acting out by going to church, becoming a Republican & dating Italian girls

• June 29, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
    lol thats cool!
    • 9 posts
    June 29, 2012 11:55 AM PDT
    That's some aspiseee meatabolla!
    • 44 posts
    June 14, 2013 9:06 AM PDT
    I would like to wish all the dads out there a happy fathers day don't forget dad this weekend
  • June 16, 2013 5:31 AM PDT
    In memory of. . .This is my dad... We did not like each other ...I see why he was so hard on me.so much I should have asked .even more I would have given... It's just something about the eyes