1500 vulcan

• 1 posts
    June 8, 2012 3:58 PM PDT
    Okay so my next ride for the states is a 98 Vulcan..who can tell me what sort of stuff i should be keepin an eye on whilst I'm riding it...like water temp and where to put water in it should it require it...spares that don't weigh a ton..that i might need...I'll have some tools and duct tape and cable ties..mybe even some water bottles for me that can double for radiator water if needs be...

all suggestions will be taken on board..

except anyone who suggests it can be used to start a camp fire!
    • 19007 posts
    June 8, 2012 10:37 PM PDT
    Don't know the bike but you've been around the sun a few times so you will get most of it figured out afore ya go too far. And safe journey. When you arriving again?
    • 1 posts
    June 9, 2012 6:46 PM PDT
    July 2....and you're right i will figure it out, but its always nice to ask..i found a site this morning...but they don't talk about much other than this plastic oil gear...or POG...andthat stirs some mixed emotions...but i figure if this bike still has one it must be ok if its still going after all this time.
    • 26 posts
    July 17, 2018 1:26 PM PDT

[blockquote]Jonesy1340 said: July 2....and you're right i will figure it out, but its always nice to ask..i found a site this morning...but they don't talk about much other than this plastic oil gear...or POG...andthat stirs some mixed emotions...but i figure if this bike still has one it must be ok if its still going after all this time. [/blockquote]

Is it still going ?

• 6 posts
    August 24, 2019 4:37 AM PDT

I personally trust my Mechanic ... if you pick up a used bike, the very first thing you should do is take it to a mechanic you trust (never trust the person/dealer you bought it from) and pay they to completely check out the bike.

I bought a Kawasaki 750 Trip from a dealer once ... to it my mechanic, the frame right behind the tree was cracked.  As in, eventurally my entire front end would have separated from the rest of the bike.   I bought my Road King from the original owner with only 15K on it and supposedly had ALWAYS BEEN GARAGED ... took it to the mechanic, he found several things wrong.  Not to meantion it was clear when you got under the tins it had not always been garaged.

Fortunately it didn't cost me a fortune to fix them but there were problems that would eventually could have resulted in a breakdown and tow.

This post was edited by Zinderin at August 24, 2019 4:37 AM PDT