HEAD STONES

• July 7, 2012 12:54 AM PDT
    I am being cremated. Dust in the wind... I did see this on an old head stone in a graveyard and thought it was interesting.
    As you pass by, what you are so once was I, for what I am soon you'll be, prepare yourself to follow me.
  • August 2, 2012 3:37 AM PDT
    Hopefully mine will simply read "Wonderful Wife, Mother and Grandmother, Loved By All".

But knowing my family, without me there to remind them they will probably forget to order a head stone at all!
  • August 2, 2012 3:44 AM PDT
    Capnfish wrote...
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    " I told you I was sick !!!"

That was Spike Milligan, Irish comedian, great man.

Actually mate, his Dad was English, His Mum was Irish and he was born in India where he lived until he came to England for schooling and most of his working life in Britain.....

.....He only became an Irish citizen in 1962 after the British government declared him stateless ...
    • 5417 posts
    August 2, 2012 5:41 AM PDT
    BMWToni wrote...
    Hopefully mine will simply read "Wonderful Wife, Mother and Grandmother, Loved By All".

But knowing my family, without me there to remind them they will probably forget to order a head stone at all!

You need to make them a To Do list before you go.  I'm sure Laura will make me one

• 1161 posts
    August 3, 2012 8:10 AM PDT
    I want to be cremated and spread over the mountains of Oregon then the rest of the coast of Oregon. My two favorite places to be. No stone needed.

My grandfather's said "Ducks on Top" Since he kept saying at least now I will be on top for once after grandmother passed away.

But I did see one that said,  "I once went to a Museium then decided as a child I wanted to own a Museium, now I'm a maggot Museium".
    • 834 posts
    November 27, 2012 2:34 AM PST
    Mine will just be my last words which will most likely be...

"Hey Watch This"
    • 3006 posts
    November 29, 2012 2:56 PM PST
    Here is a memorable one:

The Cowboy's Prayer
    Oh Lord, I reckon I'm not much just by myself.
    I fail to do a lot of things I ought to do.
    But Lord, when trails are steep and passes high,
    Help me to ride it straight the whole way through.
    And when in the falling dusk I get the final call,
    I do not care how many flowers they send--
    Above all else the happiest trail would be
    For You to say to me, "Let's ride, My friend." Amen
    Roy Rogers
    • 85 posts
    November 30, 2012 1:55 AM PST
    Dragonwood wrote...
    I am being cremated. Dust in the wind... I did see this on an old head stone in a graveyard and thought it was interesting.
    As you pass by, what you are so once was I, for what I am soon you'll be, prepare yourself to follow me.
         To follow you just makes no sense, for I dont know which way you went !   
    • 85 posts
    November 30, 2012 2:00 AM PST
    Here lies Hicky hes dead and gone because the LORD has called him home!