Tucson to Tombstone

• June 4, 2012 2:56 AM PDT
    Hey guys,
    I'm planning a run with some friends from Tucson to Tombstone and back on July 14th. Anybody who can make it is welcome to join. I know its not a long run (for you experienced bikers) but, it will be the longest run I've ever done. Gotta start somewhere huh. Just let me know if your interested and I'll give you the details.
    • 658 posts
    June 4, 2012 3:34 AM PDT
    John, Wish I could join ya, Remember, It's not the distance, it's the journey. Post pics, as they say, it didn't happen if there's no evidence... lol
    Medic
    • 5417 posts
    June 4, 2012 3:55 AM PDT
    I would love to join you but can't make it that weekend. I will be in AZ a couple of weeks after that for the Too Broke for Sturgis Rally in Flagstaff.
    • 3006 posts
    June 4, 2012 5:29 AM PDT
    That sounds like a nice run,
    most of mine lately have been fairly short.The Veterans run I did couple weeks back,probably logged on abt 240+ ? not a whole lot yet a very enjoyable run.Took some nice backroads.

Remember do not forget your camera either,w/out pics it nevr happend !!

stay safe n enjoy the ride !
  • June 4, 2012 5:44 AM PDT
    Did that run back in 09... We started out from Phoenix and man the 10 was rougher than a covered wagon with a busted wheel pulled by a bow-legged mule! Have fun though, that's a fantastic trip!
  • June 4, 2012 7:02 AM PDT
    Black9 wrote...
    Did that run back in 09... We started out from Phoenix and man the 10 was rougher than a covered wagon with a busted wheel pulled by a bow-legged mule! Have fun though, that's a fantastic trip!

lol thats one of the funniest things I've heard in a while! Thanks for the laugh.

• 846 posts
    June 4, 2012 8:34 AM PDT
    I would love to but being on the east coast right now it a little tough. But the last time I was out that way I did a similar run. It was Green Valley to Tombstone one of the many nice rides I have while I was out there. Skipped 10 altogether.

Can't wait to get back out that way. Thank for bring back some good memories.
  • June 4, 2012 3:37 PM PDT
    No problem. Next time your in the area let me know and we will go for a ride.
  • July 22, 2012 2:37 AM PDT
    I loved riding in AZ when I lived there....took the ride from Tucson to Tombstone several times. Nice ride, wish I could make it down there this summer.
  • July 24, 2012 6:55 AM PDT
    It was a great time. We rode through the AZ "wine country" and took the back roads. It was awesome.
    • 5417 posts
    July 24, 2012 6:57 AM PDT
    Your next trip should be Tuscon to Mormon Lake THIS weekend for Too Broke for Sturgis!!!
  • July 24, 2012 7:12 AM PDT
    lol If I wan't too broke for Mormon Lake I might do that.
  • December 25, 2012 1:46 PM PST
    Use to do this all the time. Sierra Vista, Tombstone, Bisbee, back to Sierra Vista. Then I'd go Tucson to Superior. That's a nice one too. Be sure to ride out to the Rattle Snake Ranch, between Tombstone and Bisbee, out by Gleeson the Ghost town. If your not scared of getting bike dusty.