Weird things people do and say without knowing it

• 1780 posts
    May 31, 2012 9:12 PM PDT
     I do not know why in the heck I do this but when I'm in the Truck looking for an address I ..."Turn Down The Radio"  like that will help me find the address faster!?

Like in a parking lot you have your hood up and holding a pair of jumper cables up in the air....Never fails someone will eventually stop and say..."Need A Jump".......Not really I just found these and was wondering if they are yours

Just things like that

• 658 posts
    May 31, 2012 10:14 PM PDT
    The one I love is: A patient walks up to the ER front desk and the podium nurse asks, How are you today? Come on Really??? Bad thing is they usually answer " Just fine" then there's a long pause......
  • May 31, 2012 10:59 PM PDT
    Hah, maybe you turn it down so you can concentrate better, radio can be a little distracting :o
    • 19007 posts
    June 1, 2012 4:39 AM PDT
    Strangely I often mentally repeat words, phrases, or peoples names randomly through out the day. Just yesterday I used some Diatomaceous earth for ant control. Guess what two words keep popping into my thoughts?
    • 5417 posts
    June 1, 2012 4:45 AM PDT
    When I stand at the toilet I always put my left hand on the back of my neck. Don't know why but I never even realized it until Laura started yelling "pee-pee stance" every time I do it.

(was that too much info for you :-)
  • June 1, 2012 5:35 AM PDT
    at gas stations this seems to happen alot, I get one of two reactions: 1) "Dam baby If I hop on the back you can teach how to ride with ya!" 2) "Naw, Where's the husband? you don't know what your doing." Only once I while I was pumping gas I got, "ya sure ya don't need me to show you where the fuel goes Little Lady?" each one has me tickled pink........"T"
  • June 1, 2012 6:20 AM PDT
    I tell yeah some ppl have No clue Tumbles Chick's Can ride as well as any guy ,I say this due to a actual demastration of it this last weekend , a bunch of us were riden Guy's n gals this one couple both on sporty's left the house we were hangin out at she left first drove across the lawn to get to a driveway She Handeled her bike just fine on the some what damp grass her Boy friend pulled out after her, goosed the throtel and spun his lil sporty around in a 180 n dumped it in front of about 8 of us we laughfed our ass's of at him only 1 guy helped him pick his bike up 3 min's later here comes his g/f to see whats taken him so long to get out of the driveway . 2 Damm funny i tell yeah!
    • 9 posts
    June 1, 2012 6:22 AM PDT
    Not TMI Lucky, but I'll have a mental pic of that forever...thanks, LMAO.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    (I can't think of one, ATM...gimme a few. I feel a nap comin' on. lol)
  • June 1, 2012 6:27 AM PDT
    my dad was a coon hunter, we'd be out listening to the dogs in the distance and he'd tell me " turn that light off so i can hear" ......do whaaaaaaa?
    • 1855 posts
    June 1, 2012 7:00 AM PDT
    Me: So when are we leaving?

Mom: Right now in a minute.

Me: Whaaat!
    • 9 posts
    June 1, 2012 9:21 AM PDT

Finally thought of one, and this one should take the cake...

So, I'm dancin' at my Uncle Bob's bar, Spatz, up in Toledo, a few (ok, more than a few. lol) years back.  My Uncle Bob used to call me when one of the "girls" didn't show for work.  And it wasn't totally nude, so I didn't have a problem with it.  That and the money was damn good.  And I got a vicarious thrill, being a "nasty" girl...lmao 

So, anyways, I'm up on-stage one night, doin' my thing.  Workin' the pole, and makin' all the guys crazy.  I enjoyed my time up there, and it showed.  The men were very generous with me.  And I never really considered myself a "hottie", but somethin' I was doin' was bein' appreciated.  But I digress...

This guy comes up to the bottom of the stage wavin' money around.  So, me, bein' the entreprenuerial type that I am, disengage from the pole, and sashay over to homeboy.  And he says, and I quote...
    "You got change for a Hundred?"

WTF??? 

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 2 posts
    June 1, 2012 9:47 AM PDT
    Not only that they get all pi**y when you drop quarters down their G-String
    • 9 posts
    June 1, 2012 10:35 AM PDT
    99Savage wrote...
    Not only that they get all pi**y when you drop quarters down their G-String

Kinda explains why they refer to G-Strings as "Dental Floss"... HUH?
    Ride Free
    Tweek

• 1780 posts
    June 1, 2012 12:23 PM PDT
    Girl is that you on the pole......Hell Yea...You go girl
  • June 2, 2012 12:57 AM PDT
    newgafatboy wrote...
    my dad was a coon hunter, we'd be out listening to the dogs in the distance and he'd tell me " turn that light off so i can hear" ......do whaaaaaaa?

That reminds me of *my* father.  Due to a botched surgery, he'd lost all hearing in one ear and wore a hearling aid.  The hearing aid was embedded in the thick frames of his glasses.  So when me and my sister were kids, dad not wearing his glasses meant dad not being able to hear.  We used to get some funny looks from our friends when we'd say things like "It's okay, dad can't hear anything - he's not wearing his glasses."

• June 6, 2012 3:52 PM PDT
    Well, this one took a turn. Hey Tumbles & Tweek. You'll like this. FYI, recently in the AMA sport bike road racing circuit a female won this year. She's been competitive for a while and it was a matter of time. She weighs less, and she's got skills.

All bikers realize that a female has more than what it takes to ride a bike and enjoy it just as much as us guys. Now! Don't tell any of the guys in here I said this...lol
    • 1 posts
    June 7, 2012 1:16 AM PDT
    Tumbles wrote...
    at gas stations this seems to happen alot, I get one of two reactions: 1) "Dam baby If I hop on the back you can teach how to ride with ya!" 2) "Naw, Where's the husband? you don't know what your doing." Only once I while I was pumping gas I got, "ya sure ya don't need me to show you where the fuel goes Little Lady?" each one has me tickled pink........"T"

• June 7, 2012 1:45 AM PDT
    Heh... this goes in the category of: Shit my dad says: "Son, you never truly know a woman til you divorce her!"
    And y'know, he was RIGHT on the money! LOL
  • June 7, 2012 1:59 AM PDT
    It is raining... There's a few guys hanging at the corner of the grocery store, watching me pull to the parking lot, park, take my crap from my saddle bag, start walking in...

One of them asks me: You did not drive that thing here, did you?

Me, after just looking at them quietly for a few seconds: No, I pushed it half the way and carried under my armpit the rest, got tired of pushing the stupid hunk of metal after a while...

Here's you card?

• June 7, 2012 5:18 AM PDT
     I was in Lake Havasu a while back and I was hanging out with a friend who invited me to hang with her and her friends... bunch of 50 something semi retired 'bikers'... I was on my 07 Dyna Street Bob and a few of those fellers were lookin my bike over and asking "Where's your radio and GPS?" 
    My answer "in my saddlebags at home, I can't hear the radio anyway after 40 MPH and I can read road signs..."

• 846 posts
    June 7, 2012 6:44 AM PDT
    I have the bad habit of when I have something like a hamburger or sub in may hand of shaking up and down about twice before or after each bite. I have no idea where it came from and I know its not to get anything loose to fall. It's just some that I found myself doing. I do it with any finger food.
  • June 7, 2012 6:55 AM PDT
    Dunno, GPS seems to be coming strong on bikes, I see many of them clamped on them handlebars these days. I guess people are just so used to having them on their cars it is hard to live without one when one gets that bike? I remember - already couple of years ago by now - been waved over by two gentlemen - on bikes - asking for directions. The other guy sitting there playing with something on his lap. I raise my eyebrows and smile, and the guy talking to me tries to avoid rolling his eyes, fails and just says "yes, it's a gps".

Being such a nice guy, I did not ask them why were they lost then or anything, heh.

So I gave some directions, asked them if they knew where they were going or how to get there with those directions and so forth. It was already getting quite dark too. Should they have hesitated or asked for better directions, I would have had no problem taking them to the highway, but they seemed confident. So I wished them good night and went to work.

If I had a full dashboard, perhaps a gps would be a good idea. But I already smoke, pick my nose, eat snacks and wave at random people and stuff, which hand would I have left to operate the gadget then?  

Which reminds me...

I was asking directions for a specific address once myself from a nice lady in her car. She looks at me quite confused and then asks me, that why don't I just punch the address to my gps? I just smiled, thanked her kindly, found the nearest gas station and got my address... 

The sucky thing about everybody (else?) being on the gps bandwagon: Can not find local maps you hold in your hand anymore. Stores, truck stops and gas stations used to have racks with maps next to their entrances. They are disappearing quick. And when I find one, they are way too big for my pockets 
  • June 7, 2012 11:14 AM PDT
    heh... yeah maps are starting to disappear and I'm guessing the competition is pretty stiff! It's like looking for a damn pay phone, they're almost non-existent anymore!
  • June 7, 2012 9:13 PM PDT
    MY wife shakes and wiggles products at the grocery store before she puts them in the cart. I think she is trying to get my approval/attention like i'm some kind of dog!
    • 19007 posts
    June 7, 2012 11:33 PM PDT
    GPS, We aint go no GPS, We dont need no GPS, We dont have to show you no Stinkin GPS

Been using maps all my life, only now the map is on my smart phone, but still no GPS