Weird things people do and say without knowing it

• June 8, 2012 12:02 AM PDT
    I own a tire shop and many people come in and the first thing they say is do you have any tires????
  • June 9, 2012 5:15 AM PDT
    wheels wrote...
    MY wife shakes and wiggles products at the grocery store before she puts them in the cart. I think she is trying to get my approval/attention like i'm some kind of dog!

I wasn't there so don't know, but sounds kind of cool though... me and my ol' lady have this "look system" for everything that is "not in the list". Look at the thing, look at the other, the other gives a single nod or shake, and we are moving. Goes both ways too. I am an impatient shopper and she likes me going with her, so it works for us 

tiremanl
    wrote...
    I own a tire shop and many people come in and the first thing they say is do you have any tires????

Heh, it is funny when it happens to someone else 
    Did you ever think of printing a pile of cards, pink with big letters or something, with just a text "Here is your sign!"? 

Phones and the disappearance of payphones is one of my pet peeves...

Cell phones... because I have one, does not mean I am available to everybody at all times. Someone tells me to meet someplace at some time, I expect them to be there, not call my cell that I will not answer as I might be on the road, on the crapper, taking a nap, eating, and so forth. I find it very weird that random people assume I will be waiting for them to call me and then promptly answer within three rings.

And if your cell is not working or whatever, it seems easier to go buy a prepaid cell from some mart than finding a payphone. I have no desire to use some random persons phone unless I actually need to call an ambulance or something.

And back to weird things that people say... they call you and say "it's me". I got these three sisters (not mine, to each other), who all got daughters and they all soud the same over the phone. And yes, they all call and when I answer and introduce myself - another thing disappearing it seems - they all go "it's me".

The weird thing that I do then, as I usually have absolutely no idea who it is... I start talking to them like it was my secret girlfriend, which usually gets them quickly to identify themselves for some weird reason or other 

Weird thing I am doing right know, is trying to quote two posts in one reply. Not quite working out for me it seems...
    • 658 posts
    June 10, 2012 12:48 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    GPS, We aint go no GPS, We dont need no GPS, We dont have to show you no Stinkin GPS

Been using maps all my life, only now the map is on my smart phone, but still no GPS

Well said Mike!!     

I don't even have a Smart phone. Plain old cell phone here. I still believe that phones should be hanging on the wall with finger holes in the dial. When the Grid goes down, I will be still able to find where I'm going. My GPS is made out of paper.
    • 658 posts
    June 10, 2012 12:58 AM PDT
    Hope this dosen't offend anyone,

But most will know what I mean and it's no disrespect intended.

You get dispatched to a 9E, (CPR call). You're there with someone pumping chest and you're working you a$$ off to get an airway and meds going, just then another responder comes in and says, "What you got?"

Really??
    • 1 posts
    June 10, 2012 2:41 PM PDT
    Parked in bike row in Sturgis...a bloke walks up to the Triumph...I didn't know they made those anymore, They don't its a Yamaha, I found the badges and stuck them on.....
  • June 10, 2012 2:43 PM PDT
    NightDragon wrote...
     I do not know why in the heck I do this but when I'm in the Truck looking for an address I ..."Turn Down The Radio"  like that will help me find the address faster!?

I was a truck driver for 25 years, I always did that..lol