You know you need a drink, when....

• 9 posts
    May 19, 2012 9:55 AM PDT

Oh good Lord, the list is soooo long, where do I start?  Since it's my post, I'll go first...

When the Cambodians you've been cleaning for, for over three years, still try to get you to work "on the cheap", even tho, they don't bat an eyelash at spendin' boo-koo dinero on anything else they want...A 2500 Sq. Ft. house, and she actually thought I'd do it for $50!!!  I stuck to my guns, and got $75.  Was there over 8 hours, and toasted my back. 
    Go ahead and say it....

DUMBASS! 
    Gotta make a livin'...
    YOU call THIS livin'??? 

So, I spent the first $15, on a rather large bottle of Chi-Chi's Black Russians (in a bottle).  WORKS FOR ME...!!!

Ride Free 
    Tweek                             TAG...You're IT! 

***8:15-only half the bottle down, and now...so am I.  Loves Ya'll!  Rock the night...

• May 19, 2012 10:10 AM PDT
    When the captain in your unit recalls everyone back to work on a friday night to yell at them for not showing up to a mandatory formation that he didnt tell anyone about. (Actually happened yesterday)
    • 0 posts
    May 19, 2012 11:51 AM PDT
    When nobody updates ya on the new policies at work and ya tell 50 customers the wrong info then ya gotta call them all back & look like an ass! A few amaretto n cokes, blast the tunes in the garage & shoot pool alone,lol
    • 9 posts
    May 20, 2012 12:17 AM PDT
    Guess no one had THAT kind of day yesterday. Awesome! I can stand be only one of a few...lol

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 19007 posts
    May 20, 2012 1:07 AM PDT
    When it's five o'clock. (somewhere)

Getting serious, I used to earn my bread money doing photo restorations. Every job was different and I would 'estimate' prior to beginning. If they agreed on my 'minumum' then I began. It was rare but when someone would try to haggle me down I would then raise my estimate. If that didn't stop them then I would tell them to take it to walmart. My labor, skill, and talent have worth. If they do not want to pay what I think it is worth and insult me buy attempting to low-ball I don't need their hassles and frustrations.

This is one of my many pet peeves that easily could have gone in the forum.

• May 20, 2012 3:15 AM PDT
    your kid gets in a fight with a bully and breaks his hand! then you spend ALL DAY in the childrens hospital getting it fixed!
    • 3006 posts
    May 20, 2012 3:46 AM PDT
    You get a phone call your kid is in jail...again !!!
  • May 20, 2012 4:41 AM PDT

When I get yet another baby bird that is going to keep me up all night and needs feeding
    every 2 hours all night...lol...

LOOK INTO MY EYES...YOU NEED TO FEED ME NOW...AND EVERY 2 HOURS!!!!!
  • May 20, 2012 4:43 AM PDT
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    not funny! lmao that better never happen!
  • May 20, 2012 4:44 AM PDT
    Jetman wrote...

When I get yet another baby bird that is going to keep me up all night and needs feeding
    every 2 hours all night...lol...

awwwwww good daddy!
  • May 20, 2012 4:56 AM PDT
    This is how he looked yesterday...he has had 3 days of my care now...looking good huh?

Soon be flying and then I can get him back out there where he is meant to be.....

.....AND NOW I NEED THAT DRINK!!!!!  ...Lol...
    • 601 posts
    May 20, 2012 8:19 AM PDT
    Need a drink..............now!!! I'm on a rig,... somewhere inside the Artic circle........., 22 hours daylight....weather would freeze the balls off a brass monkey....and I'm just after finishing a 14 hour shift.....12 more days and I'm home for a beer !!!  this pic was taken at 3am...
  • May 20, 2012 9:02 AM PDT
    I got nothing for ya guys retired from all the Bulls--t 6 yrs. ago and never looked back. One I remember was the unit commander taking all the credit for the things my crew and I did to make everything work right.
    • 3006 posts
    May 21, 2012 3:55 AM PDT
    idamae wrote...
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    not funny! lmao that better never happen!

Yeah well it did and it does happen when your kid gets in with the wrong crowd,
    its so important now a days to get them started on the rite foot,and keep after them
    always to do the rite thing, unfortunately for me her mother was the bad seed,and
    never gave my daughter a positive role model to look up to,she left when my daughter
    was 3 yrs old,n we didnt see her for about 2-3 years cept at Xmas n only if she was sober.
    Count your blessings in life,and never assume anything!!!
    • 1 posts
    May 21, 2012 11:08 AM PDT
    your son rings you and says his car is broken down. He's at home, 30 miles away...and you ask, why did you ring me...He says I just thought I'd tell ya. Great...Son that thing in your back pocket is a wallet..it contains your money...try spending some on YOUR car!.....
    • 2 posts
    May 21, 2012 11:14 AM PDT
    #1 - Tweek, my bold lass, the next time start out by asking for a C note, or better yet $125 & let them beat you down.
    #2 - These posts make me feel pretty fortunate - Dumb Luck - Hard Work - The Grace of God - I do'no
    • 9 posts
    May 21, 2012 2:39 PM PDT
    Louis, my friend, how do I explain the "Cambodian" experience? These people are my friends. Which is probably one of the reasons they thought I could be "had" cheap. At the risk of losing their friendship, I had to very firmly explain that cleaning is what "I" do for a living, and I flat out asked them, what "they" thought I was worth? When an answer to that question, wasn't forthcoming, I then told them my price, and that it was non-negotiable. Could have I insisted upon more? Probably. But I know "them" well enough to know, not to press it, too far.
    For while they don't mind spending money for what they really want. They can also change their mind, in a heart-beat. And I DO, need to earn a living....
    Ok, talkin' about this, and a few other lovely things goin' on in the saga of Tweek, means...
    It's when....again. lmao

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 9 posts
    May 23, 2012 10:07 AM PDT
    Just when you thought it was over...it's when again...
    • 0 posts
    May 23, 2012 10:52 AM PDT
    WHEN MY DRY OLD EYES CLICK OPEN IN THE MORNING....CHEERS BOOF
    • 1516 posts
    May 23, 2012 10:54 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    WHEN MY DRY OLD EYES CLICK OPEN IN THE MORNING....CHEERS BOOF

What Boof Said

• May 23, 2012 11:06 AM PDT
    When my glass is empty.
    • 0 posts
    May 23, 2012 11:16 AM PDT
    You get off work.
    Yep, good enough for me.

Especially after the work day I just had.
  • May 23, 2012 1:57 PM PDT
    My favorite line to use on people in my line of work is "You can always take it to Harley Davidson and let them work on it..."
    • 1516 posts
    May 23, 2012 3:41 PM PDT
    You relate so much to one of our Cyclefish friends woes