The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• 834 posts
    May 20, 2013 10:51 AM PDT
    and some more news on our old friend Sandman...

EL CAJON, Calif. - A reality TV star known as "Sandman" was in a court room in El Cajon Thursday, facing serious charges.

Sandman's real name is Robert Johnston. He's a member of the Laffing Devils motorcycle club, which is featured on the Discovery Channel's "The Devil's Ride."

However, what happened Dec. 22 was not part of the script.

According to Deputy District Attorney John Pro, Johnston walked in on his wife Melissa and another man in the bedroom of the couple's Alpine home sparking a confrontation. Johnston is accused of using a machete to stab the man twice, injuring him so badly that he almost "bled out."

According to court documents, Melissa Johnston hid in a closet during the fracas.

In court Thursday, Johnston pleaded not guilty to attempted murder, burglary, assault with a deadly weapon and making a criminal threat. If convicted of the charges, he could get 12 years in prison.

Johnston brought his 6-year old son to court with him, and as they left the courthouse, 10News reporter Allison Ash asked him a few questions.

"Did you try to kill this guy?" she asked.

"I can't talk about the case," Johnston replied.

"I mean a machete? That's pretty serious," asked Ash.

"Is that what you heard?" said Johnston.

"That’s what I heard," she said.

"I've heard a lot of stories," Johnson replied.

Based on his replies, Ash then asked why anyone make up stories about him, and Johnson said, "I don’t know."

Johnston said he was taking the advice of his attorney and "pushing forward," adding that in this country you're still innocent until proven guilty.

Johnston, who did not ride his motorcycle to court, was ordered to stay at least 100 feet away from his alleged victim, Joshua Adkins, who is not a member of a motorcycle club. He also has a stay-away order from his wife, Melissa Johnston, who requested a temporary restraining order in January.

Court documents obtained by 10News show Melissa Johnston wrote that she "suffered severe emotional distress," during her husband’s attack on her friend. She writes that in May 2012, her husband pointed a gun at her head. On Christmas Eve, 2012 she claimed, "When I woke up in the morning while Robert was still on the run there was a dead cat strategically placed in my tree."

Melissa Johnston also claimed in her report that, "Robert spoke to myself on the phone. He stated, 'Things are going to get real hard for you real quick and there ain't going to be any sympathy from me.'"

According to court documents, Melissa Johnston also claims her husband threatened a friend saying, "If you drop my name I will come back to kill you."

Johnston returns to court this summer to stand trial.
    • 5417 posts
    May 21, 2013 7:08 AM PDT
    These guys need to stop getting in trouble and go back to "rock, paper, scissors" or whatever it is they do to settle disputes between the Laffing Devils and Sin Mob
    • 8 posts
    July 4, 2013 3:40 PM PDT
    I have seen it a couple of times and I think it's really entertaining but 100%Fake..lol.. I don't think you can damage someone's else bike like that and not have the owner of the bike bash your head in...
  • July 5, 2013 7:13 AM PDT
    All fake! Clubs do not deal with the BS these people are doing. It is ALL a hollywood script. Get over it.
  • July 11, 2013 3:12 AM PDT
    Here in the UK we could not believe it was real - and of course it isn't. Wot a load of old shoe-makers.Shan't waste any more of my time.
  • July 11, 2013 3:16 AM PDT
    Oh yeah - forgot to mention , we refer to the Laffing Devils as The Giggling Idiots and the mouthful that is Sinister Mob Sydicate (or whatever) as Simple Bob & friends. No-one in their right mind can honestly believe this anything more than a very badly scripted 'drama'. Cobblers from start to finish.I speak from personal experience of a 1% club - granted it was in the 1970's but I know what's real and what's BS.
    • 834 posts
    July 28, 2013 3:59 AM PDT
    Is this silly show coming back!!!
    • 5417 posts
    July 31, 2013 5:01 AM PDT
    Good question. I can't find anything showing the show has been renewed or canceled. Oh the suspense.
  • July 31, 2013 5:08 AM PDT
    it seems an actual 1% club has joined the rank and file of reality TV cycledom. Warlocks! I guess it just goes to show how bad the economy actually is....
  • August 3, 2013 10:25 AM PDT
    Hello All, haven't been online for a while, just stopping by and can't believe this thread is still going! lol... show is soooo fake!!! still though, I luv to laugh and if they bring it back I will probably tune in just for the hilarity of it!!! and yes, now we have the comical "WARLOCKS" ohhhhh-nooooo mr. bill!! again FAKE!!!!!!! and of course the new "SAINT HOODS" LOL! LOL! LOL! like I stated above, I luvs to laugh!!! I really think some of the most scripted television on tv is REALITY television.. keep up the good work lucky! hope all are having a great summer..
  • August 20, 2013 5:03 AM PDT
    and yet another MC has joined the ranks of TVdome...The FUGAWI's (?) ....I believe they are out of NY State, but not sure. I saw this on the Spike network. It is definitely time to go underground!
    • 3006 posts
    August 21, 2013 4:26 PM PDT
    Heck,why not do a reality show about Cyclefish?? Like, follow Lucky around for spring & summer, you give them a real taste of what motorcyclists are all about?? The problem I see would be convincing some producer to take on the project.Could be some big $$$ ?

As for those shows,its some of the goofiest sheit I've ever seen,the acting horrible,yet fascinating for the cheese factor..I often wonder how those guys must feel in public?? Knowing the majority of the motorcycle riding audience is getting some major laughs at their expense.!
    • 834 posts
    September 4, 2013 2:14 AM PDT
    And now... SAN DIEGO (CN) - The Discovery Channel let cameras roll as cast members of the biker reality show "The Devils Ride" beat a man in a bar brawl, and then broadcast the assault without his consent, the man claims in court.

See the full story here: http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/09/04/60819.htm />
    Oh yeah, rumor has it the show is coming back for at least one more season.

• 5417 posts
    September 5, 2013 2:35 AM PDT
    Wow. Who would have thought this could go wrong...

"the now-defunct Lincoln Room invited "Devils Ride" filmmakers into the bar on the night of Jan. 27, 2012 so cast members could provoke fights with members of the public for the reality show."
  • September 26, 2013 2:20 AM PDT
    So what's up with this show. Is it coming back next season or not.
    • 1855 posts
    September 26, 2013 2:42 AM PDT
    DynaJay wrote...

I for one certainly hope not.
    • 844 posts
    September 26, 2013 2:49 AM PDT
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    DynaJay wrote...

I for one certainly hope not.

The only thing I would possibly miss would be all of the commentary here the day after the show. There were some real funny recaps of the show .

• 5417 posts
    November 12, 2013 1:00 PM PST
    Hey I just saw the Laffing Devils website is for sale... http://www.laffingdevilsmc.com/Home.html />
    I hear the club has disbanded.

That is a real bummer because I was having real fun making fun of the show.
    • 1 posts
    November 13, 2013 3:25 AM PST
    gonna miss those write ups lucky
  • November 18, 2013 5:10 PM PST
    Just you wait.......
  • November 18, 2013 9:47 PM PST
    just watched season overview - they are actors - one of the characters had a part in SOA last season or the season before .
  • November 19, 2013 9:43 AM PST
    They're not actors. The guy that was on Devils Ride as HIMSELF, made a cameo on SOA as a special guest.
    • 834 posts
    November 19, 2013 10:51 AM PST
    what guy who when

have you watched the show... definitely not actors :-)   Actors can act, so if they were actors they would have acted more like bikers than those guys!!!

Not exactly sure what they are
  • November 19, 2013 12:34 PM PST
    I know all the LD's. Their not actors. The guy that is in both shows is founder of OC HAs.
  • November 19, 2013 2:58 PM PST
    I know all the LD's. They're def not actors The guy that is in both shows is founder of OC HAs.