The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• 3006 posts
    February 13, 2013 3:52 AM PST
    Seen the preview recently & couldnt help laughingin light of what Lucky said & others here, I cant imagine any of it as being "real" or spontaneous LOL yet it makes for good theater at times,when I am getting bored.Will I set aside time to watch it? prolly not !
  • February 13, 2013 5:20 AM PST
    This kind of crap is written for people who wouldn't know how to ride a motorcycle if their life depended on it!!! Sons of Anarchy doesn't try to pretend it's real and that's why it is entertaining and well written. I have always been a fan of Ron Perlman and Katey Segal has been on my list since she was Peg Bundy. LOL
    • 34 posts
    February 15, 2013 8:32 AM PST
    I live in Santa Clarita CA and they film SOA out here all the time. Old Road Harley provieds their bikes for the show I was told. A great group over there. Once again SOA if for entertainment only but I have to say I dig that show. Very will written and the actors are great IMO.
  • February 16, 2013 12:41 AM PST
    As bad as I hate to admit it, I am strung out on reality shows. I sit amazed at myself because of some of the ones I watch. Honey Boo Boo is one of my favorites, they only live 20 minutes down the road. I am from the backwooded south, born and raised, and when I started watching the moon shiners, I had to face the stark truth, that reality shows are not real. I don't know one moonshiner that would put his business on national TV. Don't know any clubbers that would risk the rico act with such air time either...
    • 1780 posts
    February 17, 2013 8:29 AM PST
    Along the same lines, I've been sitting here watching "Moon Shiners" ..........Please give me a break, if this crap isn't staged I'll eat my hat. I'm betting their Moon Shine is really water. I mean do they think the Police doesn't watch this, and I'm sure the Local Po Po know everyone of these clowns. So just drive to there house and Pop everyone of them.
    Do Hollywood Producers think the show will be nore of a hit if they make it look real. How about just make it a show with actors and call it Honey Mooning Moon Shiners!!
    • 48 posts
    February 17, 2013 1:07 PM PST
    Puppets for real would be my best call. For sure staged. Spent enough time in an OMC clubhouse to say the truth would never be televised on a day to day basis. I'm sure as most of you know, access is very limited. True though, for some, its entertainment, not me. SOA...well written show, good cast....very good entertainment. the Laughing Devils are a club, but puppets at best for a real OMC.
    • 3006 posts
    February 18, 2013 5:24 AM PST
    LMAO I just seen the commercial for the upcoming exciting episode,apparently its rumbletime, hold on tight folks cause ya need to git ready for some real action now.if the dialogue wasnt so lame,and the conflicts so meaningless it might hold my attention.
    • 5418 posts
    February 18, 2013 7:44 AM PST
    Wow, I actually saw Laffing Devils MC members riding on the street with no camera crew.  Friday was the best day we have had in months... t-shirt riding weather... so I decided to take most of the day off go for a long ride and then stop in to visit my daughter and new grand daughter.  I was out in east San Diego county and saw three Laffing Devils riding together, no camera crew, no support vehicles.  This is a first because the two other times I have seen them they were filming.  It was a four lane road and as I passed them they gave me a standard biker wave and I did the same.

By the way... here is some so called "true inside info" on the Laffing Devils MC...
    http://www.agingrebel.com/6012 style="font-size: larger;">
    • 1855 posts
    February 19, 2013 1:41 AM PST
    Well here ya go; I hate reality. No, not just reality shows but reality in general. First off, it's not objective. It's an individual perception of what the truth is.

My life has always been a fantasy of the moment kind of thing. I worked my ass off fantasizing about the day when I wouldn't have to. I ride my ass off, fantasizing over the next ride or that every cager I pass wishes they were me or the people in every town I passed through knows me and yet I'm still a mystery.I play (at) guitar and think I might actually be good at it. As the now retired charter member of a club, the so-called reality of the club took over my fantasy vision, but I lived my fantasy despite the BS.

In closing I have to admit that I'm just a cynical old bas@@rd. The media doesn't help my mood either. Everything is a lie that I can't make right. And I know they upset me on purpose. But man, what I would do if I were President of these United States. Yeah, I fantasize about that too.

Don't believe anything you hear or anything you see. It's only real if it hurts.

• 5418 posts
    February 21, 2013 1:46 AM PST
    I tried, I really tried to watch it again so I would have some input for this topic. Just couldn't make it more than 10 minutes into the show.
  • February 21, 2013 7:36 AM PST
    I have seen and partied with some real bikers. No real biker club would let cameras film them doing anything. I remember when i was 16yrs old couple of us high school kids seen some lights and fires in amongst the tree line in the elk county area in PA. We thought it was the party we were looking for. When we got there I didnt think we were going home . The way hollywod wants you to think of the biker community as the devil. I am not saying some arent. I was met by a 300 lb guy he asked what we were doing there i said we were looking for a party but i think i found the wroung one. He said this is a party you dont touch the bikes or the women and theres no problem. The patch was Pagan's We drank a little and left. I have partied and hung around a few clubs just curious of the whole brotherhood. I dont mean the weekend warriors that work 9-5 and got a harley. I mean the real punch you in the face no unwanted attention unless you disrespect them type of bikers. The show is bullshit just like all the other so called reality shows. You want reality try going to the core of any city and you will see reality. You will go back to your 9-5 thanking god these guys arent looking for you.
    • 1161 posts
    February 21, 2013 11:39 AM PST
    Well it is real, really scripted.
    • 5418 posts
    February 21, 2013 12:29 PM PST
    Don't ever confuse real with reality TV!!!
  • February 23, 2013 4:53 PM PST
    These guys are a bunch of fags.  I wouldn't even let them  wash my bike.  Could the alley fight have been any more fake.? LMFAO  a bunch of tough guys and not 1 punch thrown. LOL  I almost fell off my chair I was laughing so hard.  Hey "Rock Em" how come you got run out of Mesa?  Cause you are a fag.  HA  told u pack your shit and go.  Bring your happy ass back here boy. and let's see who gets rocked sweetheart.
    • 1780 posts
    February 24, 2013 12:00 AM PST
    Hey if that crap makes me laugh then I was entertained and that was all I was looking for anyway. When you think about it the television was invented for mainly one reason....to entertain people. Now you do have shows to inform you, to warn you, to bring you closer to God, but for the most part it's just a tool to entertain you. Reality TV is no different than watching the Three Stooges.
    Dragon
  • February 25, 2013 5:03 AM PST
    NightDragon's right, its all about what each person finds entertaining! and for what ever reason this "shows" found a niche!! regardless, the devils ride is so stupid its funny! like steve martins "the jerk" was funny!! just watched the season opener LMFAO!!!!! ok so now its 10 guys and no president!!! and send mop is 4 guys and a wannabee, SERIOUSLY!! a total 14 member cast? +1 "maybe"??  And the new guy who just got out of prison, the "BAD A#%" (probably on parole) who they meet in front of the penitentiary, Is that a big bad 883 sportster he rides off on? looks like he "fits" it perfectly!!! and what better way to "celebrate" a friend getting out, then getting him into a "GANG" fight on camera!! YAY!!!! and the send mop wannabee, poor guy cant get into a club that barely has 4 members in it? how much of a looser is this dude?? lol.. funny funny sh$t!!! and send mop! ok "gypsy" was "unanimously" voted out? what, did gypsy and bubba get together at McDonald's and get in a argument over which is better, the big mac or quarter pounder? and 1 didn't like what the other said and told the other "YOUR OUT"?? UNANIMOUSLY PLEASE!!! like Dragon mentioned above, if its making me laugh, AND IT IS!!!! then its entertaining me! period!!!
    • 5418 posts
    February 25, 2013 5:30 AM PST
    Yep, I decided to actually sit down and watch the season opener. I agree the 'gang fight' was hilarious. "You guys want to go, then lets go"... "okay you asked for it". Then a cop pulls up to two MCs fighting and says okay lets move along boys like he was talking to 12 year olds looking at a Playboy behind the mini-mart. And the entire scene at the alley, come on. Being in So Cal I see lots of shows being filmed. That wasn't filmed with a handy-cam. There had to be a full filming crew (I saw at least 5 camera angles), boom microphones and all kinds of other stuff. And they would have had to contact the city to let them know they were filming - no wonder the cops showed up, they told them they would be filming a "real life" gang fight!!!!

And the prospect going unexpectedly to Sandman's house. Thank god they had a camera crew on Sandman's front lawn to show him pulling up... just in case he did show up unexpectedly????

I agree it can be entertaining, but don't insult us by telling us this is a reality show and not planned....
  • February 25, 2013 6:23 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Yep, I decided to actually sit down and watch the season opener. I agree the 'gang fight' was hilarious. "You guys want to go, then lets go"... "okay you asked for it". Then a cop pulls up to two MCs fighting and says okay lets move along boys like he was talking to 12 year olds looking at a Playboy behind the mini-mart. And the entire scene at the alley, come on. Being in So Cal I see lots of shows being filmed. That wasn't filmed with a handy-cam. There had to be a full filming crew (I saw at least 5 camera angles), boom microphones and all kinds of other stuff. And they would have had to contact the city to let them know they were filming - no wonder the cops showed up, they told them they would be filming a "real life" gang fight!!!!

And the probate going unexpectedly to Sandman's house. Thank god they had a camera crew on Sandman's front lawn to show him pulling up... just in case he did show up unexpectedly????

I agree it can be entertaining, but don't insult us by telling us this is a reality show and not planned....

LOL!!!!

• 3006 posts
    February 25, 2013 6:56 AM PST
    LOL already its an identity crisis there,am I a docu drama,reality show or completely fictional hollywood make believe biker gang full of senseless behavior & antics ?? Where can this go now??? Makes me wonder if the "biker gang" concept wasnt dreamed up in advance of such a hunger for SOA spinoff tripe..yeah we meet once a month to discuss the script,then go home n lol over it.:)
    Lets face it there isnt any direct competiton to SOA at present that is motorcycle related??
    • 1 posts
    February 25, 2013 9:42 AM PST
    Me to, I watched about 15 minutes of this show and found to be unreal and rehearsed. However, if someone could educate me on the club patches. Is there a difference between an all in one single MC back patch and a 3 piece separated MC back patch? One of the MC's member said that he will separate their back patch to become an outlaw MC.
    • 844 posts
    February 25, 2013 9:50 AM PST
    Not wanting to stray to far from the original topic, here is a good link explaing the history of the different patch types... http://www.brotherhoodmotorcycleclub.com/index_files/Page2038.htm />
    • 1 posts
    February 25, 2013 10:01 AM PST
    Thanks GoFur
  • February 25, 2013 4:12 PM PST
    WHEN i saw the add for the coming tv show i was sick, u know the way black gang became gangs ?......will lets just say a club did decide to bring it to the table a ittle them selfn and brinjg to the table ofaccurstions
    • 5418 posts
    February 25, 2013 4:38 PM PST
    Just had to watch it again because I am now having too much fun with it.

Ok, the Syn Mob stole a bike and took it back to the shop and chopped it on camera.  Was everyone on this show just given immunity to all crimes as long as their was a camera running?

Bubba, has a meeting with a "top guy" from one of the areas "main clubs" and they tell him to come alone.  So he not only brings his veep and Sgt of Arms (which I can deal with) he brings along a television crew!!!   Even if this "main club" didn't spot the TV crew when the meeting took place, I'm sure they won't think anything of it when they see it on TV!

And the best thing in tonight's show was when Tank and his wife were driving and Tank realized they were being followed.  They showed the scene from inside Tank's truck as well as several camera angels from what must have been a pretty obvious camera truck that was moving from in front of Tank's truck, to the side and to behind his truck (basically between the bad guys and Tank!)  Now why would bad guys follow a truck surrounded by a camera crew?

But I'll cut them some slack.  It can't be easy to write and direct reality!
  • February 26, 2013 1:08 AM PST
    The show is a joke!! Lucky nailed it. I mean, how in the world could someone watch it and believe it was a reality show. It's so fake, it's unreal. I couldn't stop watching the season opener because of how ridiculous it was!!