The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• 5417 posts
    November 19, 2013 4:13 PM PST
    Well you can argue all day long whether they were originally actors or not, but once the show started they became actors. The show was scripted and even the people that enjoy watching the show realize it. I know the Laffing Devils were around for a few years prior to the show (since 2006 to be exact), but again the show is scripted and others were brought on to act in the show. I don't know how you can actually watch the show and even remotely think it is not scripted... just go back and read the priors posts in this forum that point out all the mistakes. Besides how do you explain the shows producers taking out a trademark on the name "Sinister Mob Syndicate" long before they were formed as a "club" on the show. (look it up on the us patent and trademark website)

So real club, fake club, real bikers, actors, or bikers turned actors... don't matter, the show is scripted and rather poorly at that.

As for Rusty, whatever he did before becoming an actor, or even continues to do, bottom line is he is also paid actor and now a regular on SOA - he even has an IMDB page (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5670694/). Hell, look at Robert Patrick, the entire time he was starring in X-Files, T2, the Unit, Last Resort and now SOA he was patched member and even President of the Booze Fighters. But him appearing on SOA doesn't make that show real either.

• November 19, 2013 4:32 PM PST
    Right on all of the above, except for the "scripted" part. There is no script, story line yes, forced situations if you will. It's entertainment. Enjoy it.
    • 5417 posts
    November 20, 2013 1:27 AM PST
    Man what show are you watching!!! How can that not be scripted?

Are you telling me an MC would buy a trailer in the middle of nowhere to conduct illegal business and then bring the camera crew to it to fill them moving shit. Or take a camera crew to a supposed secret meeting with the supposed head of on of the "main clubs" in there area when Bubba was told to come alone.

I don't want to be a spoiler here, but nothing on TV is real, especially reality TV. I have been to enough reality TV filmings to know... even Devils Rides episodes :-)
  • November 20, 2013 2:48 AM PST
    Staged, yes. "Scripted" as in written words that are repeated, no. That bike in my profile pic is parked next to DB's bike. I know him very well I've been there for MANY tapings, believe me.
    • 834 posts
    November 20, 2013 5:01 AM PST
    I can't believe people are still questioning if this show is real, especially if you have ever seen the show!!! Come on people, really?

Like Lucky said it don't matter what these people did before the show, the show itself is fake. There is no way any of the things they do would really be done that way in an MC. Any time I ask a real club member about the show they just shake their head knowing there are many in the general public who actually think MCs operate like this. I even had one, a close friend, tell me he would slap me silly if I ever mentioned the Laffing Devils and motorcycle club in the same sentence again.

And bringing in a retired club member turned actor to bring legitimacy to the show was a joke in itself! Really the club went looking on their own for bad ass to go repo a bike and they just happened to stumble upon the one who is also an actor.

Then the production company forming the Syn Mob and trademarking it themselves just totally blew their cover.

If you are going to watch it for anything other than something to laugh at, then just accept the fact that it is a TV show for entertainment only.
  • November 20, 2013 5:18 AM PST
    So would your opinion of the show change if were more real (real fights), less theatrics, and the some of the "big boys" stepped in?
    • 834 posts
    November 20, 2013 5:26 AM PST
    Not in the least bit. Probably make it even less believable because no real MC would allow you to shoot video of a "real" fight (or any other illegal activity) and put it on tv. Any real club would come after you for posting a video on YouTube of their club fighting. Besides, who they going to fight, the made up Syn Mob?
  • November 20, 2013 5:29 AM PST
    Willing to put money on that?
    • 5417 posts
    November 20, 2013 6:57 AM PST
    Az, you mean the last rumble wasn't real. You know the one where the lone patrol officer rolled up on 10 guys from rival MCs in the middle of a fight and basically says "hey you boys stop that and go home"... that wasn't real????

Got to agree with you on this one AZ. If they did have real fights, who would they fight? If they fought someone already on the show like Syn Mob then we know its not real. I can't see them fighting another MC unless it is another made up MC like Syn Mob because like you said what MC in their right mind would invite a camera crew to a rumble. What if a weapon came out during this "real" fight and someone got killed on camera. You can't say there would be no weapons allowed or it goes back to the fight was pre-arranged. And we know sure as hell they aren't going to fight innocents because the video will be evidence in criminal court.

I think the best thing they could do if the show is coming back is keep going as they were. People who know what is going on will still watch it for a laugh and to talk and joke about it, and the general public will watch it thinking this is how a real MC operates. Either way, people watch and sponsors get their viewership.
  • November 20, 2013 8:25 AM PST
    Well, I saw LDs doing some crazy stuff. I won't confirm or deny that I saw a camera crew. Keep this forum open. Muahahaha.
    • 844 posts
    November 20, 2013 10:53 AM PST
    From what I heard the Laffing Devils don't do anything anymore unless there is a camera crew around :-)

Didn't I read the club was actually booted from the COC there in California? And why is there website for sale? Why would an active club give up there club name on the internet?

Seems kind of funny. anyone Laffing :-)
  • November 20, 2013 11:34 AM PST
    There's only like 8 LDs left that still fly colors, and they do (probably not likely to see them w/ such a small #). Their website that's "for sale" isn't their website, someone quickly bought it when the show was coming out thinking they'd cash in on selling it if/when the show blew up. And anyways, I personally think they're ALL "Laffing"...they're way to the bank. Who wouldn't want to get paid to ride, cause trouble, party, AND be on TV. I mean, real or fake, they (obviously) got a permit to blow shit up...I'll take one of those please. Love them or hate them, we're all STILL talking about them.
    • 5417 posts
    November 22, 2013 1:09 AM PST
    So I am assuming that from what theStalker said that the show is coming back next season?
  • November 22, 2013 10:37 AM PST
    I have tons of info but can't release it yet. (If that alone doesn't answer your question)
    • 834 posts
    November 22, 2013 11:04 AM PST
    Oh goodie, glad to hear that. Because to bikers loosing the Devils Ride would be like Jay Leno & Jon Stewart loosing Mayor Rob Ford - we wouldn't have anyone to make fun of :-)
  • November 22, 2013 3:08 PM PST
    Well keep a look out late Jan. Just in case they do release another season. haha.
    • 5417 posts
    November 27, 2013 2:41 AM PST
    Well if the rumors I have been hearing are correct it looks like the Devils Ride will be coming back for season 4 in Jan/Feb 2014. That means the boys of the Laffing Devils and Syn Mob will once again be rolling through the streets of San Diego with their crews... camera crews that is!!!
  • November 27, 2013 4:09 AM PST
    "We Are The Fugawis" is better than Devils Ride....and it sucks.....but entertainment is as entertainment does.
    • 3006 posts
    November 27, 2013 4:22 AM PST
    mac117 wrote...
    "We Are The Fugawis" is better than Devils Ride....and it sucks.....but entertainment is as entertainment does.

No, it really suks LOL,
    I groaned thru one whole episode,for some reason watching reality shows has sunk to a new low for me.
    • 834 posts
    November 27, 2013 12:34 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Well if the rumors I have been hearing are correct it looks like the Devils Ride will be coming back for season 4 in Jan/Feb 2014. That means the boys of the Laffing Devils and Syn Mob will once again be rolling through the streets of San Diego with their crews... camera crews that is!!!

So I guess that means its off to wardrobe to pick up their cuts and off to props to pick up their bikes :-)

• 611 posts
    November 29, 2013 11:03 AM PST
    OK, who is 'no photo', 0 topics/10 posts?
    Are you incognito, wanted or just being mysterious?
    Why are you on our forum, defending a tv show that is... shall I say 'Questionable' in it's content?
    When I clic on the link to your page it goes to the main webpage, where are you?
    Lucky, what's up?
    Edge 'Suspicious' Walker
    • 5417 posts
    November 29, 2013 11:40 AM PST
    The user no longer has a profile.  Looks like they delted it themselves.  Actually they have done that several times since this topic has started... sign up, stick up for the show and then leave.  I personally think its someone who works for the show.

• November 29, 2013 1:15 PM PST
    So I take it ,that the Devil's Ride has gone back to hell and of the air?
    • 834 posts
    November 30, 2013 2:34 AM PST
    No they are staying on the air to put the rest of us thru hell !!
    • 611 posts
    November 30, 2013 4:28 AM PST
    Thanks Lucky...
    I thought it might be something like that.
    Az Rider, just say 'No'... lol