Triscadecaphobia Friday...

• 9 posts
    April 13, 2012 12:40 AM PDT

Yeah, I know.  It's "stupidstitious".  But there it is.  I don't like this day and date.  Why?  Long story, (I've written about it somewhere in the forums...)  But, for my own piece of mind, I just want to wish you all, a safe and uneventful day, and my hope is that EVERYONE give their "rides", the once over, that you all use your PPE's, and that you use caution and common sense, if you stop at your favorite watering hole, on the way home tonite.  K?  Who loves ya?

Ride Free 
    Tweek

• 658 posts
    April 13, 2012 1:34 AM PDT
    Thanks Tweek, I'm just glad the full moon was last weekend. You would not believe how busy we get. It's the weired calls that seem to increase.
    Medic
    • 5419 posts
    April 13, 2012 2:09 AM PDT
    I'm not superstitious either, I can hurt myself just as bad on Thursday the 12th as I can Friday the 13th.

But just to be safe I am going to go strap myself to a bar stool for the day to make sure nothing happens!
  • April 13, 2012 2:59 AM PDT
    got to agree with Lucky on the "thursday the 12th" thing, but just the same i think i'll stay away from the bar stools altogether.
    • 1364 posts
    April 13, 2012 3:53 AM PDT
    You are all forgetting about Saturday the 14th............
  • April 13, 2012 4:06 AM PDT
    Oh Yes...Saturday the 14th sounds very worrying to me!!!

• 5419 posts
    April 13, 2012 5:54 AM PDT
    highrisk wrote...
    You are all forgetting about Saturday the 14th............

Well, depending on how long I stay safely held up in the bar... I may miss Saturday the 14th all together!

• 823 posts
    April 13, 2012 6:06 AM PDT
    Got my annual bonus from work today, ordering all the parts for my mods for the wide glide!!! So far today is a good day!!!
    • 395 posts
    April 13, 2012 6:37 AM PDT
    Friday the 13th has always been a good day for me...it's that damn Saturday after i have to watch for.......
  • April 13, 2012 7:32 AM PDT
    yes its a good day for me also! my son tim is 28 yrs old today!
  • April 13, 2012 7:44 AM PDT
    jonesjj1 wrote...
    got to agree with Lucky on the "thursday the 12th" thing, but just the same i think i'll stay away from the bar stools altogether.

This has always been the best way for me to avoid trouble!  LOL 
    • 846 posts
    April 13, 2012 7:49 AM PDT
    I'm with Lucky too but I'm not taking any chances so I'll hold up here at home with a bottle of Jack till it all clear.
    • 2 posts
    April 13, 2012 7:52 AM PDT

• 601 posts
    April 13, 2012 8:29 AM PDT

Mick left for work on Friday 13th morning. Friday was payday, so instead of going home, he stayed out the entire weekend partying with the boys and spending his entire pay packet.

Finally, Mick appeared at home on Sunday night, and obviously he was confronted by his angry wife, Mary who castigated him for nearly two hours with a tirade befitting his actions.  Finally, Mary stopped the nagging and said to Mick, 'How would you like it if you didn't see me for two or three days?'

Mick replied grimly, 'That would be fine with me.'

Monday went by and he didn't see his Mary. Tuesday and Wednesday came and went with the same results.

On Thursday, the swelling went down just enough so that Mick could see Mary a little out of the corner of his left eye.

Yep.....Friday 13th can be unlucky

• 3006 posts
    April 13, 2012 9:08 AM PDT
    LOL Rory good one !!!

I wont even go into what happened here between last nite,massive thunderstorm & torrential rains,and this morning.Its like usually this day holds no more significance than any other,yet since I dont drink I'll just sit in my flooded basment drink another cup of joe n shake my head over the irony of it all..

Hope you stay safe n happy at home Tweek & the same for all my cyclefish friends
    • 9 posts
    April 13, 2012 9:17 AM PDT
    Heeeeey RORY...I posted that joke, not long ago in HUMOR! But that's kewl, it's just as daggone funny, the second time!!! I may be seein' some of that action myself, later, as I did somethin' today, I been wantin' to do for a LONG-ASSED time. I won't go into it just yet, but ya'll will hear about it soon, enuf! Me...I'm goin' to a church thing tonite, altho, I was mighty tempted to pull a "Lucky"...lol. Them hangovers, just ain't worth it to me anymore! And for some reason, since I backed way off on the drinkin' thing, I get a hangover EVERY DAMN TIME!!!
    Just another reason, for me not to tempt fate or whatever the heck seems to go awry for me on this day.
    Right? Have fun, but be safe out there. It's the OTHER guy, you gotta worry about, EH?

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 46 posts
    April 13, 2012 12:19 PM PDT
    So far so good... just a few more hours and I'll be safe
    • 823 posts
    April 13, 2012 5:01 PM PDT
    Very good day, on top of getting my mods ordered I came across a used 9 mm. Never fired but used... Picked it up cheap. Went and shot it, love it!! My new carry gun!
    • 9 posts
    April 13, 2012 7:36 PM PDT
    Glad everyone had a good day. Phewww...and Guero, Nine's are awesome. Barretta or Glock?

Ride Free
    Tweek