The Dragon is still in the hunt

• 1780 posts
    April 3, 2012 11:32 AM PDT
    Sorry I haven't been on line as much as I have wanted to, but work is kicking my butt, however I love it, and the Company I work for (Reynolds Protection) is a great stand up company, and highly respected in this area. Not only do I protect the cars of Dialysis Patience, but I just pull  three 12 hour shift's in a row to protect a local Sports Company tent  sale of there High end Bycycles. Man I never Knew Bycycles can range up to $6.000.00 and more. Next week I have a new gig with this company at a local movie house, where they are having a new movie showing with a test audience. Myself and another Officer will be in the audience with Night Vision to ensure no one is filming the flick,  which is a big No No with the Movie Company. 
    I love this Company and soon I will be doing more Personal Protection gigs, as this Company wants to see your alliance to the Company before they throw the big buck gigs at ya.
    Hey everyone be safe out there, and always check your "6"
    Family I have been in contract with covert personnel that do things just like the movies, and I might have a chance to go to Africa for 90 days to protect some BC Oil wells from Somalia Pirates. This is an chance to make some LARGE money in 3 months. Since I have been in this business I've met people that know people that can make things happen. Damn I throught this kind of shit was only in the movies. Not True I have fallen into the Mother load of Meceranaries. I run with an retired Austin Texas Cop that has unbelivabily contacts. We will carry AR15with a shoot to kill order. Even at this age I'm surprised at the things that go one out there! If I get lucky enought to join this group please pray for me As this will take me back several years.
    Please be safe and protect the clan!!
    This ain't no shit and they are calling the DRAGON
    This world is dangerous and has to be delt with by serious People

The Night Dragon
  • April 3, 2012 11:56 AM PDT
    Damm get off the puter and get some sleep.
    • 6 posts
    April 3, 2012 1:14 PM PDT
    You're in my prayers bro! Stay safe and GIT'R'DONE!!!!
    • 2 posts
    April 3, 2012 1:20 PM PDT
    Watch your posterior lad, the pirates are chumps relative to some of the sharks out there

Best of luck to you but watch your 6:00 - You lead with your heart but this is a time to use all your cognitive functions & let your heart follow
    • 16795 posts
    April 3, 2012 6:33 PM PDT
    Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe) was a twisted place back in the day.
    • 395 posts
    April 4, 2012 2:41 AM PDT
    i have body guard friends in sa.....when i say watch your back brother..i mean seriously...watch your back if you get over there...good luck to you!
    • 0 posts
    April 4, 2012 6:58 AM PDT
    Good luck to you. I hope it all goes well. The only real thing I can suggest is, when you are over there, if you get into something that you are not comfortable with, or ordered to do something you are not comfortable with, document and mail home. Just in case.

worse case you have some papers to throw away when you get home.
  • April 4, 2012 8:13 AM PDT

Paid to do a job?  Do the job!

Shoot to kill?  Well sure, if there is threat then deal with it...

On a lighter note, can you write on a shell "Best Wishes From Slick" for me?

Watch your back ok?  Do the rookie thing for a while...tag onto those who have been there a while first...you KNOW that makes sense, Right?  ...

• 844 posts
    April 4, 2012 8:17 AM PDT
    Hey Dragon, Good to see ya back around here... I know you have been going through some things and I hope all is going well for ya.

Glad to here you are still enjoyin the gig and hope that works out as you want it to.
    • 2 posts
    April 4, 2012 1:43 PM PDT
    You be careful out there, getting shot is the least of your worries.

If you are not working for a corporation, incorporated under US laws & with a "brick & mortar" headquarters building in the US (read " Blackwater" here) your are just begging for a one way ticket to oblivion.

Some of the things that well could happen to you are:
    * You spend 3 month pay getting to your promised job & there is nothing there, no job, no friendly face
    * They pay your way & when you get there they take your passport, tell you that you have to work off your passage & that the terms of your employment have changed, you will be doing scut work for reduced wages.
    * You end up on an Iberian flagged ship, using Black Flag for dusting powder & having your meals & board deducted from your pay. - Modern ships touch port damn infrequently, tankers all but never.
    * You actually do get to be a trigger puller at fair wages & actually do get to pull a trigger, which of course will touch off an international incident. - at which point your employer may elect to make your the sacrificial goat & let you stand trial in some godforsaken land. - The State Department has little patience for mercenaries that don't work for them (read "Balckwater"

No shortage of trigger pullers in this world - Besides Rangers, Green Berets, Marines, Seals & AF ParaRescue we have Belgian paratroopers, UK SAS, French Legionnaires, ROK Marines, - Need I go on?
    • 1516 posts
    April 4, 2012 3:00 PM PDT
    Good Luck to you Dragon, I am glad things are going good for you! Keep us posted
  • April 4, 2012 3:30 PM PDT
    Aren't we a breed!!! Ain't none of us can sit on the sideline........................Go GET em ......Dragon
    • 3006 posts
    April 4, 2012 3:48 PM PDT
    Sounds like a good gig ya got rite now,why in the world would ya go oversea's n risk your neck for some corp aholes when ur country needs more guys like you here??

Savage had some good points,dont get left high n dry on some foreign shore waiting for the next slow boat outta bangkok to rescue you..! These guys will cut n run on you faster than slippin on a squishd doogy..!!!

Back in my younger days took a job I thought was the greatest thing since sliced bread,left a good job at the hospital,after 8 mo's my new company folded up,got laid off & was out looking for work n had barely been married 6 mo's,couldnt get back the gig at the hospital,n didnt find a decnt job for almost 2 more years.

Take your time and make a informed decision before you commit to any sort of contracts & dont forget to check your 6 !!!

stay safe n enjoy the ride !!!
    • 1780 posts
    April 4, 2012 5:24 PM PDT
    You know what Savage you have got a lot of very good points as have others. Might have to think this out a bit more. Let's see option 1 go overseas shoot at, and be shot at.......hum.....Option 2 stay state side and do a bit of Personal Protrction for let's say some of the Dallas Cowboys Cheer Leaders......Option 3.......Forget Option 1
    That was really a no Brainer
    • 19004 posts
    April 5, 2012 12:36 AM PDT
    BAck in the late 70's I was offered an aircraft tech job with Boeing, caveat was I would have to go to Iran for a year. The pay was twice what I was offered by another company. I decided to stay in the states. Three months later the Ayatollah took over. Made the right choice I did.
  • April 5, 2012 1:23 AM PDT
    Dragon I am praying for your safety always man!
  • April 5, 2012 1:57 AM PDT
    NightDragon wrote...
    You know what Savage you have got a lot of very good points as have others. Might have to think this out a bit more. Let's see option 1 go overseas shoot at, and be shot at.......hum.....Option 2 stay state side and do a bit of Personal Protrction for let's say some of the Dallas Cowboys Cheer Leaders......Option 3.......Forget Option 1
    That was really a no Brainer

• April 5, 2012 2:01 AM PDT
    NightDragon, whatever you decide to do...Godspeed and Goodluck!!
  • April 5, 2012 2:04 AM PDT
    good luck dragon and watch your back! you will be in my prayers!
    • 601 posts
    April 5, 2012 12:02 PM PDT
    them pirate fella's may be thick stupid little shits...but it don't take genius to point a weapon in the right direction and pull the trigger...so be careful, matter of fact, stay the fck at home, you might not have a whole lot of money, but you'll sleep in your own bed.
    • 9 posts
    April 16, 2012 7:45 PM PDT
    Yeah, so I ran into my ex tonite. Gettin' back some odds and ends, and such. And lo and behold, he tells me HE'S working security for this "company", where he'll be doing exactly what you talked about. Even showed me pics of
    the assorted personal protection equipment. (If ya feel me, on that). Even joked about the pirate thing. Thing is, is
    he just had a kid 8 weeks ago, and I asked him WHY would you do this now, for ffs??? He said "the money". I'm gonna copy and paste what Savage said, and get him to really think about doin' this. And Kenny, you too!
    There is SO much that could go wrong. And the only thing you know for sure, is what THEY'RE tellin' you.
    As much as mercenaries are glamorized, I bet a dollar to a donut, one of the guys who's really been down that
    road, would prolly tell ya, it just ain't worth it. I'm gonna be sayin' some prayers. For you both.

Ride Free
    Tweek