Ride yesterday....

• March 19, 2012 3:50 AM PDT
    Yesterday, Bitchy and I was out for a early Aniversary ride yesterday.   Riding through Northern Mississippi was rolling 60 in a 55, about 3/4 a mile behind this old Chevy truck.  Pacing him, just enjoying the ride.  Then all of a sudden we were right on top of him!  He had no brake lights! So Bitchy headed for shoulder, and I went in oncoming lane ...THEN he made a sssllllloooowww left hand turn in front of me....  No f'n turn signals either!  Heart thumpin, I put the "New Wife" into a smoke boilin lock-up... He kept comin toward me so I pumped,leaned and slid toward his ass end.....  Made it...  F&%^$%KERS!

We depated it over lunch, the '03 doesnt have anti-lock brakes....  but the anti-lock doesnt stop you as fast...  I'm thinkin at the time, I was glad I didnt and relied on experience / skill....

RIDE SAFE YA'ALL!  They're out to get us!

• March 19, 2012 4:09 AM PDT
    dayum wooly, glad you two are still with us
    • 3006 posts
    March 19, 2012 5:10 AM PDT
    Thanks for sharing this,never hurts to be reminded of how much we need to stay alert out on the road.This is one of the worst scenarios to confront too,riding with others & getting into trouble at high speeds with dumb cagers.

On another note I like the pic,looks like the weather was cooperating for a decent ride!
    stay safe n enjoy the ride!!!
  • March 19, 2012 5:57 AM PDT
    Glad to see you survived it...

Shiny Up - Rubber Down
    • 0 posts
    March 19, 2012 6:20 AM PDT
    Just an FYI anti lock brakes will always work better and stop faster than a "smoke boilin lock-up.."

Now if you have modulated the brakes right at the verge of lockup, then yes, you can stop faster.

Go darkside and never have the issue again.
  • March 19, 2012 7:32 AM PDT
    ... Note sign in pic... "Your donations hard at work".... We ARE accepting more! ;~)

Please forward ASAP>>>>
  • March 19, 2012 12:16 PM PDT
    Happy Aniversary! Nice to know that youwill be around for another one LOL! True not always experience, skill or knowledge gets us through, faith and some times it is the grace of God, I do hope your lucnch was relaxing. have a grea tone! "T"
    • 823 posts
    March 19, 2012 12:42 PM PDT
    I have had two close calls already this year. Teenage girl not paying attention pulls out, I am thinking she will either take the middle (turn lane) or the inside so I slow and take the outside. No she crosses all three and puts me against the curb. I got right up to her door and layed on the horn. The new Harley horns are freaking loud!!! Rang my ears! A week later I was inside lane coming into town, lady starts crossing a little so I speed up so I am not in her blind spot. She was traveling a bit slower anyway so I figured I would just go ahead and pass. I get right up next to her door and she starts moving over so I lay on the horn again. She looks behind her and kept coming. I gunned it and got out of her way. She finally saw me in front then and realized what she had done. I figured she changed lanes to turn left. No she followed me all the way through town. Kept her distance though. I guess she just wanted that lane!! I always look for that eye contact either direct or in the mirror. I sensed that neither of them saw me so I was waiting to respond.
  • March 19, 2012 12:54 PM PDT
    Happy anniversary and let me warn you ahead of time about my relatives that live in or near Corinth MS. They all have been driving for years and as far as I know none of them have license and they are down right scary when you ride with them. Stay safe
  • March 19, 2012 3:11 PM PDT
    Actually had a similar event Christmas night '08 on I-5 Just North of SD...just add a lil wet pavement, and several more MPH and result was .... well, worse....
    • 1855 posts
    March 19, 2012 3:28 PM PDT
    Nasty business but ya did good. I had much the same thing happen to me today....beahtch not using her turn signals.

Peace
    • 19007 posts
    March 20, 2012 12:08 AM PDT
    Happy Anniversary and very glad that all you came away with is a scary ride story.
  • March 20, 2012 4:03 AM PDT
    Happy Anniversary, and am glad you came out okay. Yeap they are out to kill us for sure!
    • 1 posts
    March 20, 2012 5:36 AM PDT
    That is twice I thought Wooly was a goner but nope his skills amaze me some times and I have been riding besides him for 22 years. As for the rest of the tale we stoped a a little mom and pop barbeque place for lunch and told the owner ( a local rider himself) our tale of OH SHIT! Him and his son gave us some great roads to ride on and I am not sure how it happened but we ended up in AL. at the start of The Trail of Tears. Had no idea we had crossed any state line. I just love when the twist and turns and banks make you just ride on and not think about any thing but the ride. Now that is how this couple celebrates...
    Be careful out there folks, any thing can and some times does happen.
  • March 20, 2012 5:37 AM PDT
    Twenty - Two Years of living in "Sin"! Keep askin her to merry me! Works for us. Thanks for all your comments! Later...Wooly
    • 1 posts
    March 20, 2012 1:15 PM PDT
    bet that got the blood pumpin...glad to see your still with us Wooly...so i spose the truck driver got away without so much as kind word?
  • March 20, 2012 2:04 PM PDT
    Oh he got a "kind" word...or three outa Bitchy!
    • 580 posts
    March 21, 2012 11:17 AM PDT
    Glad you're both safe and happy anniversary. Hugs