RIGHTI-BLOODY-O POP QUIZ

• 0 posts
    February 28, 2012 4:51 PM PST
    GDAY KIDS..NOW OLD UNCLE BOOF AS MANY OF YOU KNOW FANCIES A COOL REFRESHING ALE OR 20 NOW AND THEN..SOMETIMES THIS PUTS ME IN QUITE A PHILI ,PHILO,PHILA. IT GETS ME TO THINKING ABOUT DIFFERENT SHIT...OK HERE'S WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT TODAY..BRACE YASELVES THIS IS BOOF GOLD...US AUSSIES KNOW A SHITLOAD OF STUFF ABOUT AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD FROM ALL THE CRAPPY TV OVER THE LAST 40 YEARS..I REMEMBER AS A LITTLE BLOKE THINKIN WHEN I GROW UP IM GONNA GO MUSTERING WITH CLINT AND THE LADS ON RAW HIDE AND CALL IN AT MISS KITTY'S BAR AND HAVE A BEER WITH MARSHALL MATT DILON...THEN WE GOT SUCH EDUCATIONAL TRIPE AS THE BRADY BUNCH AND ALF..WELL WHAT IM WONDERIN IS WHAT DO YOU MOB KNOW ABOUT US MOB DOWN HERE? WHAT OPINIONS DO YOU HAVE OF US BLOKES AND HOW WE LIVE AND WHAT DO YA RECKON IS DIFFERENT TO WHAT Y'ALL HAVE UP THAT WAY? SO FIRE AWAY WITH WHAT YA RECKON AND I'LL DO MY BEST TO CLARIFY ANY FURPHY'S YA HAVE ABOUT US AND OUR WAY OF LIFE..AND IF YA HAVE ANY QUESTIONS I'LL BE GLAD TO ANSWER THEM AS ACCURATELY AND SOBERISHLY AS BOOFILY POSSUMBALL...CHEERS BOOF
    • 5417 posts
    February 28, 2012 5:09 PM PST
    Well since I have never been there (but I will show up at your door one day Boof), like you I learned what I know about Australia from the TV & movies - Crocodile Dundee, The Crocodile Hunter and such!

So what I though was that Australians were all crazy bastards who would do stuff without considering their own personal safety, drink a hell of a lot of beer and whiskey, brawl with a bar mate and then pick each other up to have another beer together, say whatever pops into their head, and treat everyone they meet like a lifetime friend unless they give them reason not too.

Then I met Boof & Marni and realized it was ALL TRUE!!!
    • 823 posts
    February 28, 2012 5:49 PM PST
    I was actually gonna move there awhile back for a job. Always wanted to go and one day I will. So can you still get a new '60's mustang down there? That was my first car, actually only "car" I ever owned. Bought it with my own money when I was 13. Also how hard is it to get a gun permit there now? I don't like being unarmed, that's why I didn't move there.
  • February 28, 2012 6:26 PM PST
    Well my real name is Sydney!  I just got sent a Sydney Victory shirt from a buddy. Does that count? LOL
    I'm sure this isn't what ya had in mind but.....

Here's a short video I put together from some pics on TheVMC.com forum. Grand Opening of the new Sydney Victory Dealership.  I think they got snarked from an HD forum. I'll be happy to credit anyone who claims the fame. In the mean time ENJOY!

Sorry it says SOUUUUTHHHHH AMMMMERICA...I thought I had more pull than that. LOL

• 1161 posts
    February 28, 2012 6:56 PM PST
    Well some day I want to go visit down under. But one thing I DO know about Australia is you don't have Cheetos.
    And not all Ausies liked "the crocodile hunter". But I always wanted to try a Digery-doo ( I think that is how it is spelled) and Cangaroo Tail.
    • 567 posts
    February 28, 2012 9:21 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Well since I have never been there (but I will show up at your door one day Boof), like you I learned what I know about Australia from the TV & movies - Crocodile Dundee, The Crocodile Hunter and such!

So what I though was that Australians were all crazy bastards who would do stuff without considering their own personal safety, drink a hell of a lot of beer and whiskey, brawl with a bar mate and then pick each other up to have another beer together, say whatever pops into their head, and treat everyone they meet like a lifetime friend unless they give them reason not too.

Then I met Boof & Marni and realized it was ALL TRUE!!!
    There's all that plus how y'all do these "walkabouts" out in the brush all the time .. hanging with the local aboriginal tribes .. doing all kinds of whacky stuff that don't seem real.
    And, you can add Quigley Down Under as one of our educational examples.
    I still like that flick.

• 19004 posts
    February 28, 2012 10:35 PM PST
    Rolling with SolarBill, Quigley down under is a good movie but it is a bunch of Americans transplanted. Laura San Giancomo MMmmm. Paul Hogans Dundee was entertaining but still only a movie. Steve was probably the closest to representing some of your countrymen. But I 'spect y'all are just like us. Good, Bad, Ugly, Pretty, Lazy, Industrious and any other adjective that describes the human condition. Almost went there for R&R back in the late sixties. Really wanted to meet some of the Sheilas I heard about but my wife wouldn't let me. I have met a few Aussies over the years and I will say there is not one of them I didn't like, and respect!
    • 9 posts
    February 28, 2012 11:36 PM PST
    Well...(and thanks BOOF, when I asked ya to make me laugh, you sure did!!! YOU ROCK!)
    What I know....Mmmm let's see:
    1) you got more deadly critters in Australia, than anywhere else on the planet. (sucks for you guys)
    2) your beer seems to have waaaaay more of kick than the "water" we have here.
    3) If you don't like "dry heat", move along
    4) You better have money for many vehicles, one won't do. And it's a LONG ASSED walk to...anywhere!
    5) There aren't many "down-towns" in the outback, but there are plenty of pubs
    6) Nobody cares how Crocodile Dundee did it...
    7) Dingos don't eat babies. They like the bigger kids.
    8) Ya'll talk funny...What the HELL is a Furphy?
    9) They say the Aborigines are the original tribe. How did they get blue eyes?
    10) Do they have a "lift" at Ayer's rock?

I got a million questions, but I want to get the answers face-to-face! By everything I consider sacred,
    I will get to Australia one day. I gots to. My life won't be complete, til I raise tankard with the BOOF & Marni!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 28, 2012 11:55 PM PST
    Boof is it true that if you come for a visit in Australia, you need to have your exit date or a job already lined up before you arrive? I was told the government doesn't let folks visit and then stay for an"extended time".
  • February 29, 2012 12:25 AM PST
    When I think of Australia, I think of duckbilled platypus', kangaroo's, Koala Bears, The crocodile Hunter (RIP), Surfing, sexy accents, Shrimp on the Barbie (what's a barbie, Boof? AKA a BBQ?), & hold-on...wait for it...a vegemite sandwich!!!
    So I asked Hubby what came to his mind and he said "Tie me kangaroo down, sport!!!!!" I have no idea what that means. But maybe one day we'll be able to visit your beautiful Country, Boof. Good post!
    • 1780 posts
    February 29, 2012 1:12 AM PST
    I knew a guy once from the land down under, he wanted me to try some vigimite ( maybe misspelled)...........I throught a cat shit in my mouth!!!!!
    Dragon
    • 1855 posts
    February 29, 2012 1:19 AM PST
    You have a helluva lot of rabbits and mice.
    You have the single most deadliest animals/insects than any other place on earth. After a year in the jungle, I'm not inclined to visit another place with poisonous snakes, spiders, lizards, butterflies, etc.
    You don't sound at all like the Brits but I DO think yer probably just as crazy.
    Are you drunk when you say you're "pissed"?
  • February 29, 2012 1:43 AM PST
    Well, I have to finish the US before I travel anywhere so I was wondering,
    " Do you all except us southernized yankees that shake a hand make a deal stick with it and are redheaded witches?"
    I figure I'll find out everything I want to know about Austrialia after I go there and mingle with her peoples. have a great one! "T"
    • 16795 posts
    February 29, 2012 3:29 AM PST
    Crikey
  • February 29, 2012 4:35 AM PST
    I learned a lot about Australia in a movie called "The Gods Must Be Crazy" LOL
    • 1516 posts
    February 29, 2012 5:17 AM PST
    Well I don't know a whole bunch, but like everyone else, it all comes from TV.. or most of it anyways.
    1. Prisoners were sent to Australia way back in the day.
    2. Survival made Australians tougher than most.
    3. Like a lot of places white people came in and made life miserable for the natives.
    4. There are a lot of poisonous things there.
    5. There are hordes of rabbits there
    6. Red Ear Slider turtles when kept as a pet can cost you your freedom or up to $80,000 buck in fines.
    7. It is either pretty darn hot or raining
    8. Australians love to drink
    9. Love the accent
    10.I didn't know I knew much 10 things about Australia..lol
    11.Things are VERY expensive there. Cigarettes are upwards of $20 bucks a pack
    12. Two of my good friends live there
    That is about it for now.. oh yeah, going on walk about sounds like fun, or very dangerous.. not sure which..lol
    • 0 posts
    February 29, 2012 7:04 AM PST
    RIGHTIO-BLOODY-O KIDS HERE WE GO..THERE AINT NO LIFT AT AYERS ROCK ACTUALLY YOU HAVE TO GETY PERMISSION AND THROW A FEW BUCKS AT THE LOCAL ELDERS TO EVEN SET FOOT ON IT THESE DAYS.A FURPHY IS A TALL TALE KINDA LIKE A FIB.YES DRAGON VEGEMITE IS AN ACQUIRED TASTE BUILT UP OVER MANY YEARS..OUR BEER IS TWICE AS STRONG AS YOUR AND WE LIKE A SHITLOAD OF IT ICY COLD..WHERE WE LIVE IT IS EITHER HOT OR RAINING KINDA LIKE FLORIDA OVER YOUR WAY..YES WHEN WE ARE DRUNK WERE PISSED WHEN WERE GETTING DRUNK WERE ON THE PISS YOU GET THE DRIFT..TIE ME KANGAROO DOWN SPORT WAS A FUNNY SONG RECORDED BY A BLOKE CALLED ROLF HARRIS BACK IN THE 60'S ABOUT AN OLD BUSHY TELLING HIS MATE HIS LAST WISHES ON HIS DEATH BED.. JUST LIKE IN THE USA YOU HAVE TO HAVE EITHER A TOURIST VISA OR A PRE ORGANISED WORK VISA TO COME AND STAY HERE..ITS REALLY BLOODY HARD TO HAVE A GUN DOWN HERE LEGALLY ..oN THE UPSIDE THERE AINT AS MANY GUNS ON THE STREET AS YOU MOB HAVE UP THERE SO IF YOU ARE ARMED YOU WIN 9 TIMES OUTTA 10...US WHITE BLOKES DONT GO WALK ABOUTS THATS AN ABO THING..THEY JUST PACK UP AND PISS OFF INTO THE BUSH FOR A FEW WEEKS WHEN THEY FEEL THE NEED..WE DONT REALLY HANG OUT WITH THEM..AT LEAST MY MOB DONT..SEAKERS OLD MATE GRAB THE TUBE OFF YA VACUUM CLEANER AND MAKE A RASPBERRY DOWN IT COZ THATS ALL A DIDGERIDOO IS MATE JUST MADE FROM WOOD AND YES WE DO HAVE CHEETO'S MATE..YEAH A BARBIE IS A BBQ OR GRILL AS YOU MOB CALL IT.. THERE ARE A SHITLOAD OF MUSTANGS DOWN HERE..NOT NEW BUT RESTORED AND ALOT OF YANKS ARE BUYING THEM AND IMPORTING THEM BACK YOUR WAY..AS FOR QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER IT GAVE Y'ALL A GOOD LOOK AT THE OUTBACK AND BUSH..YEAH ALOT OF STUFF IS EXPENSIVE HERE SMOKES ARE 16 BUCKS FOR 25 NEW BIKES ARE PRETTY EXPENSIVE..33 GRAND FOR A NEW ROADGLIDE ABOUT 26 FOR A DYNA.,..JACK IS BLOODY DEAR TOO 60 BUCKS FOR A 1 LITER BOTTLE....STILL DONT STOP US..OH YEAH WE HAVE RTD'S(READY TO DRINK) IN CANS.LIKE JACK AND COKE JACK AND DRY AND VOKDA AND ANYTHING IN CANS..JIM BEAM AND COKE AS WELL..COOL FOR WHEN YOUR ON THE ROAD ISTEAD OF CARRYING ABOUT AND MIXING..ANYWAYS KEEP THE QUERIES COMING KIDS..COOL STUFF..CHEERS UNLE BOOF YOUR DOWN UNDER TOUR GUIDE
  • February 29, 2012 8:26 AM PST
    Is it true that you Australians wrestle crocodiles and catch great white sharks with a can pole?
    • 0 posts
    February 29, 2012 8:57 AM PST
    Black old mate I once tried to catch great whites down at Seal Rocks in Victoria with a coupla mates..We got about 20 pounds of calf livers and ran them threw the meat grinder to make some berly hired a 14 foot bondwood boat and the adventure began..I had made a hook out of 3 stainless steel butchers hooks tie wired together to look kinda like a grappling hook.I attached that to 100 foot of wire rope and once we filled the cooler with a couple of cartons of beer we were set to go fishin..Now Seal Rocks is a notorious killing spot for great whites so we knew we were gonna be in the zone..We dropped the anchor and i set about baiting the hook with a big bloody calf liver tied the other end off to the boat and dropped it over the side..We threw out a shitload of the berly to make the whole thing look like a scene from JAWS..Sitting back having a beer and waiting we watched the seals playing and shit until /BANG! The cable pulled beyond tight the boat lunged backwards then nothing..We all looked at each other with that cross between shit scared and stoked it worked look.I put on my riggers gloves and started pulling the cable,nothing.I pulled it all the way up and the hook which I used 3 cable fastners on was friggin gone..We sat there and drank beer for a while and all decided it was prolly for the best the bloody thing snapped coz if we hadda pulled it in it prolly woulda sunk us or pulled the arse outta the boat...We used to have bright idea's like that all the time back in the day..We survived though..As for wrestling crocs some friends of ours up north in Mackay had an animal sanctuary with a croc called Argus..Argus was 18 foot long and never in a good mood..I was invited to help move Argus to another enclosure once after he had been hit with the tranquilizer dart..Man that thing was friggin heavy there was 8 of us not little blokes and we struggled to get him on the trailer..When he came good he was crankier than ever and there was no friggin way i was gonna go back in with him..Crocs are a shitload crankier than gators and will kill ya as soon as look at ya...So wrestlin them is not advised ...CHEERS BOOF
    • 1161 posts
    February 29, 2012 2:49 PM PST
    Really? I was told by a couple they did not know what Cheetos even were about 8 years ago. We sent them some from here and some other things and they did as well along with some Ausy chocolate because it is not as sweet as ours is here. They were from Brisbane.

I bet an RTD would rock here!  I know a lot of military would buy those and stock fridges full!  Lol

• 0 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:01 PM PST
    Sorry Tumbles you'll be right down this way darl..We got a redheaded witch running the country at the moment..
    • 1161 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:19 PM PST
    Now do they call cigarettes "fags" or was that England? I don't remember.
    • 0 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:24 PM PST
    We call smokes fags mate..Kinda awkward in mixed company or in a biker bar asking a bloke if you can bum a fag,,,LOL
    • 1161 posts
    February 29, 2012 6:30 PM PST
    I knew some one did just could not remember. The first time I read it a female friend from an online game my ex-wife and I played said it and we kinda stopped and looked at each other for a min and asked her what "Fags" ment lol it was funny as all get out.
    • 823 posts
    March 26, 2012 3:56 PM PDT