Witness

• February 20, 2012 3:31 PM PST
    Tonight Monday nite I walked to the corner gas station with my dog to get a sixer of PBR...as I was walking past the local
    asian grocery store a black toyota camery with darkend windows pulled up just past the asian store...didn't look right
    however I ventured to the gas station n purchased my sixer of PBR.....Now...this is where it gets good.....

Mind you the store closes at 1900hrs..the time I witnessed this was at 2110hrs...the store was closed...

When I was walking back from the gas station I witnessed three men...One white n two asian running out of the alley
    from the asian store with three cases of stuff...I ask them if they were supposed to be there while I took a pic of their liscense
    plates....They left in a hurry with no lights on...this really looks like some employees set some product out in the alley during store
    hours n came back later n took it. DUHHHHH...

Well I call 911 n two cops show up...once they realized it wasent a break in the two cops then ask why my dog
    was not on a leash n ask if I had been drinking n hell yes I had two beers. then when they ran my id they realized
    I pocess a conceled had gun permit so then they dis arm me n do a field investigation n find out I'm clean
    they tell me I'm lucky I don't get a ticket for n unleashed dog.....

NEXT TIME I'M GONNA SHOOT N KILL ****** THE BAD GUYS THEN GO HOME N DRINK............**** IT....
     Ice Bear...Be well...
    • 16795 posts
    February 20, 2012 3:41 PM PST
    Your cops sound like our cops, useless as a kickstand on a trike. :-)
    • 823 posts
    February 20, 2012 3:42 PM PST
    yep, too busy catching the wrong people
  • February 20, 2012 3:42 PM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Your cops sound like our cops, useless as a kickstand on a trike. :-)

Yep...Rev...Ya got it....

• February 20, 2012 3:44 PM PST
    Guero wrote...
    yep, too busy catching the wrong people

Ya...they get paid well here in Portland or too...like I said...I'll shoot then drink....

• 823 posts
    February 20, 2012 4:27 PM PST
    Just make sure you don't go to jail for shooting them. Criminals are protected these days better than we are.
    • 3006 posts
    February 20, 2012 4:30 PM PST
    Ok another example of this real recentl, a friend with her son went to a shopping mall local,to meet another young man who wanted to buy her sons xbox,the guy flashed an envelope that looked like it had the 300 they wanted for the box,he grabbed the box from my friends kid ran to a waiting car and they took off fast,the envelope contained 5 phony 100 dollar bills,she called local police & even tho she had license plate number, description of persons involved and phone number of the person,the police declined to follow up on it and acted like it was no big deal when they drew up the report on it.You would think someone running around with phony money would draw some serious interest from the pd..ummmm..apparently not..!!! I thought passin phony money was a serious felony,I guess it isnt anymore?

I cant blame you for being ticked off with them,its the same shet all ovr the place.
    • 9 posts
    February 20, 2012 10:57 PM PST
    Wow, Randy, that there is just B.S.! But not surprising. They were prolly pissed cause you interrupted a coffee break. The fact that your dog wasn't leashed, or that you'd been drinking, is SO much more worrisome to them? And everyone wonders why the crime is out of control? Now, I won't blame all cops for their behavior, but I know this kinda thing happens, far too often anymore. Every time I've called the cops (in the past), and I'd been drinking, it suddenly became about ME, and not what was going on. No matter how many I'd consumed, or if I'd just popped the top on the first one. They just don't take those calls seriously. So...I don't call, one unless I see something SERIOUS, and two, unless I'm alcohol free. I'd hate for someone to get away with somethin', but I'd hate it even
    more if someone got away cause the cops were more interested in me, at that moment....
    Shrug them idiots off. As for the Asian store, I'm sure the owner would've thanked you, but he'll prolly never even
    know about it. Maybe you could talk to that person, in person, and give 'em a heads up. But more than likely,
    knowing Asian folks like I do (a close Cambodian friend owns a store), they'll just thank you, and assure you that
    everything is under control. They are a VERY private people. My friend was robbed at gun-point three weeks ago,
    and he didn't want to talk about it to anyone. He HAD to talk to the cops, but even then, he was reluctant.
    When I tried to show concern, and make some safety suggestions to him, he closed the subject.
    Wanting to do the right thing, doesn't make us wrong. Getting treated like criminals by apathetic cops...IS!

As for the lady and her son who got "jacked", I can only sympathize. Nowadays, with the way the economy is,
    criminals are getting bolder, and more ingenious, in the scams, to part anyone from their money...be careful out there!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 20, 2012 11:32 PM PST
    Tweek sorry you felt that way about your local L.E. officers. I encourage you to bring your photo to the business owner and let him/her take a look. More than likely they will know who it is. I would appreciate it if I was the owner. The negative law enforcement things that happened to me in my 48 years of living have been of my own doing. I take responsibilty for my own actions as tough as it is sometimes but it makes me a better person and citizen. Eventhough law enforcement is not as perfect as we would like them to be they are a far cry from what is happening in Mexico, Somilia, Bolivia, Iran, North China etc., etc., etc. We are blessed as a country, let's make it better.
  • February 20, 2012 11:40 PM PST
    Sorry Tweek I got lost in the thread I intended to reply to RandyJoe's post!
    • 9 posts
    February 20, 2012 11:56 PM PST
    nemesis1 wrote...
    It's all good. I sorta figured that, anyway.  Good advice, tho.  I guess I'm just a little "jaded", considering the experiences that I had.
    But like I said, I don't hold that against all cops.  I had dealings with some, that left me better for the experience.  One bad apple, don't
    spoil the bunch for me.  I always look for the "good fruit"...

Ride Free
    Tweek

• 1 posts
    February 21, 2012 12:08 AM PST
    protect yourself and yours..stay outa everyone else's business.
  • February 21, 2012 2:52 AM PST
    Jonesy1340 wrote...

Perfectly stated Jonesy.

Handle it yourself or turn your head. These fingers don't call 911.

• February 21, 2012 3:35 AM PST
    Yeah I mind my own... if you call the cops you're taking the decision making away from yourself, and then allowing these idiots to make all the decisions! The only decisions I want a cop to make plain or glazed... **** them!
  • February 21, 2012 3:50 AM PST
    nemesis1 wrote...

I understand n would like to however my pic is of the plate number also I went that same store
    last summer at the blessing of the PPD to talk to them about one of their employees that
    continually speed thru our neighbourhood but the ran me out n threatent to have me arrested
    for trespassing....so I'm done....Thanks anyways...
  • February 21, 2012 3:51 AM PST
    BIGHYDRO wrote...
    Jonesy1340 wrote...

Perfectly stated Jonesy.

Handle it yourself or turn your head. These fingers don't call 911.

That is where I'm at from now on....
    Ice Bear...Be Well...

• 1855 posts
    February 21, 2012 5:09 AM PST
    Ya know, I don't envy cops. It's gotta be one helluva tough job to have. But I also don't care much to be involved with them, professionally or on a personal level. Not because I don't like 'em but because if they are good cops they are cops 24 hours a day and I just can't behave myself 24 hours of every freakin' day. But if they don't do their job 24/7 and let the rule of law slide then they ain't good cops and I want nothing to do with 'em. Now, I'm not talking about cuttin' a guy a break. I'm talkin' about looking the other way, not following up, etc. I have at least 3 'friends' that are local cops or state troopers. They pick guitar with me and some other friends. That is our only association. I do razz them a lot though. I call one of 'em deputy donut since he's a deputy sheriff. One state trooper was at my house picking music before I found out he was a trooper. When I did find out I said, "Are you freakin' kidding me? I can't show my face at the bar now. And who in the hell is gonna ride with me now?"

Peace
  • February 21, 2012 6:25 AM PST
    My second wife became a 911 dispatcher... and she dumped me for a cop, but hey, I traded her in for a new bike... so it worked to our mutual advantage and he can have her!
  • February 21, 2012 6:32 AM PST
    Cops=largest outlaw gang in the world
    • 0 posts
    February 21, 2012 6:54 AM PST
    Randy old mate my best advice I can give ya is dont bother talking to cops.I nearly got f%cked over a coupla years ago for helping out and "doin the right bloody thing in my mind"..As y'all know I have a drink now and then.Well one sunday morning I wake up after a bloody huge session to find I'm outta smokes.So I jump on the ironhead ride to the service station dwon the end of the street to grab a pack.Mind you this is 7am in the morning.I knew all the girls at the servo and had a bit of fun with them when I went down there.Well I park up walk in and here's this big gorilla looking black fella trying to rip open the consol door to get in at the terrified girl..I calmly walk over spin him around and planted 3 of the best on his chin.Down he crashes like a bag of shit and when the little birds stopped circling his head he tries to run taking out a chip display on his way out the door.Well the sheila behind the counter is freaked out but still manages to get me my smokes.As Im walking out the door the cops pull up and come running in.She'd hit the panic button when the incident began and they cops arrived shortly after..Now I may have had some residual alcohol in my system and looked like I'd been ridden hard and put away wet.This young cop grabs me and asks"where do you think your goin?" to which I reply"No speaka de English".Well I had to make a statement at the station and was reamed for assaulting this fine young African immigrant who had also held up anther service station earlier that morning and bashed a cashier..Then they started in about the fact that I was drunk and ridding a motorcycle..It was madness..Now days I'll mind my own unless it affects me or mine..I aint got fancy blue long johns with a big red S on the chest and I sure as shit aint gonna be saving the world...CHEERS BOOF