Whats the worst thing you ever been hit by out on the Hyways and

• February 15, 2012 4:01 AM PST
    I am leaving the cars trucks and vans out of this.
    But I ve been hit by nearly everthing out there. From kids toys to Allagators. {Simi Truck re treads} But last fall I found the worst. Between Centraila and Olympia I got stuck behind a Dump truck. Yea I know the rule leave plenty of room and pass with care. As I-5 thur that area has been under reconstrution for years. I was all ready on my guard I waited for and opertunity to open the Old Krazy KZ up to get around the old Dump truck. A second later the timing was right. I droped 2 gears and twisted the handle As I aproched the ass end of the truck I drop the left hand to single my lane change. I looked over the left shoulder nothing there. I buried the tach as the bike and myself pulled around the truck hit 4th and just as I did I saw it coming a small black dot in the lower right side of my vishion!!! I ve ducked lotss of shit over the years but this damned thing had me dead to rights. Blap!!! straight to the face!!! The mouth to be pictular. Not only pain but somthing was leaking from my face. And as I ran my tung around my mouth I noticed something else Bits and peaces of teath. As this was all happening I couldnt spit out the junk filling my mouth. {Blood} I was wearing a bandana over my lower face. Lots of sand and dirt on that area of I-5. My eyes quickly filled with tears from the pain and impact. I needed to get to the side of the road. With all the deft of a woman doing her eye make up in traffic I beat feet for the side of the road. I couldnt really see by the time I got stoped. I clawed at the bandana like a mad man. Once the bandana was down I spit everthing out of my mouth. and took a deep breath. The pain was out of this world. It made me dizzy. I sat down on the side of the road, taking stock of body parts and thing to myself that really hurts. Carfully I let my toung run around my mouth. 2 teath frount and the eye tooth. right side. great! Now I needed to see if there was any more damages. so I turned the mirrow on the bike so I could see my face. Looked like a spilt upper lip. and some damages to the lower lip. I sat down once more. Lit up a smoke. I pulled out anether bandana to clean up my face. After a bit I headed home.  
  • February 15, 2012 4:04 AM PST
    A bird... dunno what kind but damn it his sharp beak went right into my shoulder and as he fluttered he scratched the $hit outta my arms (I was wearing a sleeveless tee shirt)! Oh and a deer back in 04... hit that deer on my Sportster doing 60! That SUCKED!
    • 601 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:07 AM PST
    after getting stopped doing 80 in a 50 and fined..............I got hit by my wife (she was pillion at the time) I think I deserved that !!!
  • February 15, 2012 4:14 AM PST
    I got hit by a bird in the lower leg, saw him land on the road just as I was coming up on him, he must have noticed something coming at him and tried to take off. He didn't make it far. When he hit my leg it kinda felt like a bean bag but at high velocity. It stung for awhile but no damage luckily.
  • February 15, 2012 4:24 AM PST
    in 1976, the asphalt...went over the handlebars at close to 60 mph after something got stuck in the front disc brake. Hit the road and kept on traveling. Had on a cut-off denim jacket and a black t-shirt. Flipped over onto my feet, stepped off the road and I had on the denim jacket and the back half of the black t-shirt....hamburger chest....pretty much hurt, once the feeling returned to my body!
    • 5419 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:27 AM PST
    I had a bird hit right on my mirror.  I was waering a short sleave and half helmet.  I had bird blood and guts up my arm, on my face and all over my shirt.  I pulled off at the next exit and into a gas station.  You should have seen the looks I got as I headed toward the rest room.
    • 3006 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:44 AM PST
    Been hit by plenty of stuff,,
    The one time I was really nailed,doing abt 40 up a twisty backroad,wearing only a lite tee,took a bumble bee at the base of my throat rite on the collarbone,thought at first I had been shot at? pulled ovr seen some blood on my shirt,made it home basically using one arm,the other one literally locked up on me.
    • 16795 posts
    February 15, 2012 4:47 AM PST
    While working on highways and other state roads much of my adult life I could right a novel.
    But as far as on bike hits, in 1990 a chick in a car made a U-turn on a 4 lane from the driving lane while I was in the passing lane going about 70 MPH, destroying my Harley, badly injuring my wife and me.
  • February 15, 2012 4:53 AM PST
    OK the WORST hit your bike took? Well that's easy the idiot that pulled out in front of me destroying my brand new Softail! I was coming through the intersection and thought that he saw me and I swear he looked right at me and waved me on and all the sudden he just lurches right into my path! I was out of it for a bit but my first thought was "Oh god, I hope my new baby is ok!" (new baby = 89 FLST Softail! LOL
  • February 15, 2012 5:10 AM PST
    Good post, Psychedelic.  Did you ever find out what that "small black dot" was? 

I've only got a couple of years in the "solo" saddle but I did get a wicked big june bug up my sleeve last summer!  Freaked me out in good shape! LOL!  Let's just hope that's the worst thing that hits me. 
  • February 15, 2012 5:32 AM PST
    I saw a cigarette get tossed out of the passenger side car window one day while coming up to a light. It landed on my seat right between by thighs. I grabbed it immediately before it caused a burn anywhere.

Since it was a summer day, they litterbug had kept the window down. So I held the cig in my left hand, throttled up with the right, went into the right turn lane, and threw the cig back into the car it came out of, flipping them the bird as I took off and made the right turn.
  • February 15, 2012 6:12 AM PST
    A june bug right smack dab in the middle of the forehead, it damn near knocked me off my bike!
    I had a golf ball sized welt the next morning.
    • 19007 posts
    February 15, 2012 7:02 AM PST
    Nothing ever real serious on two wheels, but I did kill at least 5 small birds in SD one summer. Them little things that sit on the road until you are on top of the. Came close to eating a prairie chicken too that summer. The exit end of that grouse was within a foot of my face. My car took a bullet in the windshield once on the PA tpk. It was pretty distorted so I couldn't tell what type. I kept the spent round for a few years but have since lost it.
  • February 15, 2012 7:37 AM PST
    A Wasp inside my helmet. It stung me multiple times before I could get off the road and get my helmet off!!!!
    • 0 posts
    February 15, 2012 7:42 AM PST
    LETS SEE..ON MY DIRT BIKE I HIT A ROO AND WENT OVER THE BARS AT ABOUT 60.THEN HIT A ROO ON MY OLD SHOVEL BUT MANAGED TO KEEP IT UPRIGHT THAT TIME AND HAD TO RIDE THE REST OF THE RALLY WITH ROO SHIT AND GUTS ALL OVER MY JEANS.i ALSO HIT AN OWL ONE NIGHT ON MY SHOVEL AND IT KNOCKED ME CLEAN OFF DISLOCATED MY SHOULDER AND GAVE ME SOME COOL ROAD RASH.tHAT ONE WAS A BIT WEIRD AS WHEN WE WENT BACK IN THE MORNING WE COULDNT FIND MY SCOOT.WHEN I GOT KNOCKED OFF IT KEPT GOING FOR ABOUT 100 150 YARDS INTO A BIG ASS REED PATCH ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND WAS STANDING UP IN THE REEDS AND SWORD GRASS..I ALSO HAVE BEEN HIT IN THE CHEST BY THE GEAR LEVER OFF MY IRONHEAD WHILE FOLLOWING MARNI UP THE HIGHWAY THAT ONE LEFT A MARK AND HURT LIKE BUGGERY..I HIT A BROWN SNAKE WHO STOOD UP AND CUT OFF A GOOD PORTION OF HIMSELF ON MY FORWARD AND THE BIT THAT WAS LEFT WAS STILL BITING MY BOOT..I HAD TO STOP AND "REMOVE THE BITTEY END FROM MY BOOT AND HAVE ONE OF THOSE NERVOUS PISSES AFTER THAT ONE..THEN LAST YEAR ONE OF THE RAREST HITS EVER..I HIT A BLOODY CROW.IT WAS EARLY MORNING COMING DOWN THE COAST.I WAS FOLLOWING MARNI DODGING THE FRESH ROADKILL FROM THE NIGHT BEFORE.mARNI PASSED THESE TWO CROWS ON A WALLABY CARCASS AND THEY ROSE BUT ONE ROSE A BIT SLOWER AND I NAILED HIM.HE HIT ME RIGHT IN THE CHEST AND I STARTED PISSING MYSELF LAUGHING REMEMBERING THAT SCENE FROM WILD HOGS..WHEN WE PULLED IN FOR BREAKFAST I HAD BLOOD AND FEATHERS ALL OVER ME...SO AS Y'ALL CAN SEE I AM FAIRLY IN TUNE WITH NATURE..CHEERS BOOF
  • February 15, 2012 8:02 AM PST
    Gosh! And I thought getting hit in the forehead by a bug (feels like a dart hit ya doesn't it?) & zoomed by a butterfly (hey it was huge! Or was it a small bird?) was bad! Oh well! Still love to ride without a helmet! But you guys? Whoa! BOOF u r too much! :-)
  • February 15, 2012 8:26 AM PST
    BOOF I'm seeing a pattern here!
  • February 15, 2012 8:34 AM PST
    Been hit by so much crap, but last spring while on a ride I got hit by a huge bug, not sure what it was. Keep in mind I ride with my face covered with a bandanna and sunglasses and the helmet. I got hit at the top of the sunglasses and bug guts ran gown the inside of the lense so bad I couldn't see out of it or get it off till we hit our next stop... it was the biggest yellow gooey mess of shit ever, just nasty. And it never fails, I get hit in the only place that is not covered on my face every time I ride, between the eyes...

Lucky... That's funny now, bet it wasn't then though. Augh.... And FeFe... YOU GO GIRL!
  • February 15, 2012 8:39 AM PST
    I have a visor and now a windshield, bug wants to hit me he better grow a serious set! LOL
  • February 15, 2012 8:53 AM PST
    I would like to take a few of these stories and compose them into a blog for my page. I will edit for spelling and other errors and use the posters screen name as submitted by. Is anyone opposed...?
  • February 15, 2012 8:55 AM PST
    Nope, have fun correcting all my mistakes if you use any of my garbage! LOL
    • 638 posts
    February 15, 2012 9:20 AM PST
    stinkbug in the neck, pebble in the lip, hornet landed in my beard and stung my palm when I was removing it. I still refuse to wear a full face helmet and very seldom have my windshield on.
  • February 15, 2012 9:46 AM PST
    Got hit by 3 wasp under my vest ,running about 75, dam, i could not get them out till i stop ,u got i had to go to hospital and get work on ,one more i got hit by a pop bottle from some kids out of their car window,luck i didn't have to back to the hospital
  • February 15, 2012 9:50 AM PST
    Scarr wrote...
    A Wasp inside my helmet. It stung me multiple times before I could get off the road and get my helmet off!!!!

Another reason why helmets are dangerous.                                                                                                                                                                                   A dog ran over me.I think he wanted to play.Various and sundry bugs.                                                                                                                                           
    • 1161 posts
    February 15, 2012 9:50 AM PST
    I had a bee or wasp hit me square in between my eyes and got stuck under my glasses and it kept stinging me. But ya that sucked I was only going 35ish so not much of a hit but it was after a hit that sucked. I ripped my glasses off and could not see trying to get to the side of the road, thank goodness I had an extra set of glasses because my other ones got ran over and scratched to hell. Since then I use a full faced helmet.