What will I find on you or your bike Every time you ride?

• February 3, 2012 4:31 PM PST
     @ Tweek... Ahhh sorry, I love the guppies with the long flowing tails and the beautiful colors... They are graceful.  But I won't use the term any more, my apologies for offending you.
    • 601 posts
    February 3, 2012 9:46 PM PST
  • February 4, 2012 10:35 PM PST
    In my right saddlebag, I always carry extra goggles, beer hugger for cans or bottles, one clean shirt, deodorant, toothbrush/tooth paste and an extra pair of underwear. You just never know! I've had to use all of them at one time or another. But recently in my left saddle bag I've added heat pads that hunters use, a few bolts, tools, bungy cord and a bicycle tube.
    • 1 posts
    February 4, 2012 11:07 PM PST
    The normal on the road safety stuff, some leathers, tools, but mainly plenty of bottled water for me and a probable stranded biker somewhere. Being broke down and stranded in 100 degree weather and without water is a real threat and definitely not fun.
  • February 5, 2012 5:26 AM PST
    Like duct tape, dental floss has plenty of uses too ........... I carry one all the time whenever I travel, bike or vehicle .....ok, ok, probably due to being in the dental profession, haha!
  • February 5, 2012 8:24 AM PST
    Wow, what a response to this topic, so many cool things. From the useful to the cute and everything in between. Ya never know when your gonna need a clean pair of undies...
    • 0 posts
    February 5, 2012 8:42 AM PST
    Well Rory old mate thanx for the lead in mate..All my bikes have the southern cross on them somewhere.Its the Aussie rebel flag ..On the ironhead you'll find two 5.56 cal projectiles as a tribute to some mates..On the buell I have a monkey on my keyring who was given to me by my Mum for luck.On the dyna because its Marni's she has her own personal stuff on it..I always wear my vest with my special pins that all have stories or meanings to me..Im buying a new bike shortly..Yup Im gonna buy a bagger..Then it'll be alot easier to answer.Those bags can hold a case of beer and ice on each side..CHEERS BOOF
    • 1161 posts
    February 5, 2012 9:53 AM PST
    I always have my leathers and helmet, as for other things I carry a knife on my belt I use to jump with in the US Army. As for long trips have not had one as of yet. May have to wait until I get a bit of a bigger bike so I can ride the interstate roads.
    • 3006 posts
    February 5, 2012 11:26 AM PST
    Good post !

Usually on the bike I carry assorted spare tools n plugs etc,...on my person the usual also,cept no weapons,tho I do carry a 4 leaf clover for good luck.

One thing I wont ride w/out is my harmonica,never know when your gonna find a good jam goin down.!

When I see a biker along the road I will typically see if he is in distress,usually he will indicate that by placing his helmet upside down on the road beside the bikes rear or front tire..all the better if he waves me down, which is my only experience with another ridr in trouble, besides pullling ovr to help a rider push his bike.

• 9 posts
    February 5, 2012 10:06 PM PST
    AWESOME RORY, and THANK YOU! (Now, I just gotta get a friend to buy me one...lol) IEDarla? You didn't offend ME, babygirl! I was hopin' I didn't offend YOU, by gripin' about being called a "guppy". They are beautiful! Seems sorta a shame, some "fish guy" couldn't of come up with a better name...ya know? No worries...
    I think this topic, started an awesome thread, cause it just keeps goin' and goin! Works for me! I keep seein' stuff on here, that others' carry, that I might not've thought about. Suhweet!!!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 5, 2012 10:35 PM PST
    Goodmornin Tweek... Things I carry when I ride (and I am an all weather rider) is a tool bag containing odd fuses, bolts and nuts, wire for electrical as well as for tying, a lock hang'n from a secure spot on my bikes, a small first-aid kit along with some needles and thread and make sure to keep electrical tape...for you never know when you'll have to stitch yer self up!, or wrap some tape around a wound... Hope this helps ya! Keep 'er in da wind! Later, Spyder
  • February 6, 2012 6:32 AM PST
    Tools,guns, xtra mags,knifes,liquor(for medicinal purposes) and my Sons of Anarchy cut.And a sammich
  • February 6, 2012 10:34 AM PST
    Tweek, In four days this thread has has 990 views and 86 replies. It has been interesting for sure,

I think if I could take three things from up thread right now, It would be the following and in this order...

1] The Sammich... cuz I am damn hungry. And it a cute sammich.

2] The magic frog, Even though I am like a homing pigeon and never get lost he's still magic dammit, and everyone needs a magic frog.

3] The harmonica... or the guy attached to it, not sure, cuz I can't play a harmonica, But gee how cool to whip that bad boy out sitting in a bar filled up with ol geezers telling lies and fish stories... just sayin'

Well I'm gonna go make me my own sammi... Peace out!
  • February 7, 2012 4:00 AM PST
    man you can tell some of you ride baggersi always have my glasses, pants, boots, and pocket knife. those are about the only 4 things i can say i have never ridden without.
  • February 7, 2012 4:21 AM PST
    Geezertx, I think you better leave the sandwich carrying to Black9, Darla magic frog from Potions and Notions St. Augustine FL
  • February 7, 2012 6:31 AM PST
    5 hour energy , clear yellow and dark riding glasses , assorted weather related gear in winter gloves hats , tobacco ish pipe , tobacco ish pipe filler , cheap disposable rain parka , condoms, weatherman or leatherman or whatever they call that screwdriver pliers hammer thingy , flashlight
  • February 8, 2012 3:38 AM PST
    Weed, maglite, knife, basic tools, baling wire, electrical tape, and zip ties.
  • February 8, 2012 3:46 AM PST
    BIGHYDRO wrote...
    Weed, maglite, knife, basic tools, baling wire, electrical tape, and zip ties.

This list leaves me wondering... what would we find on YOUR BIKE?

• February 8, 2012 4:12 AM PST
    FeFe... Who's bike?
  • February 8, 2012 4:16 AM PST
    Fefe wrote...

Swastikas, SS bolts, and one stoned redneck.
  • February 8, 2012 4:22 AM PST
    BIGHYDRO wrote...
    Fefe wrote...

Swastikas, SS bolts, and one stoned redneck.

LOL. I wonder no more!

• February 8, 2012 4:43 AM PST
    Fefe, when you riding back down this way to see us again?
    • 846 posts
    February 8, 2012 4:43 AM PST
    There is a lot of stuff in my saddle bags from tool kit, rain gear, goggles, bungee cords and sun screen. But the one thing I will not leave behind is my mind the rest I can improvise on. If I don’t have my mind everything else is useless.
  • February 8, 2012 4:50 AM PST
    BIGHYDRO wrote...
    Fefe, when you riding back down this way to see us again?

I dunno. I was trying to get there this past October, but the boyzzz weren't being cooperative. You'll have to come up with an event idea for me to plan another adventure. That was a 4300 mile round trip in 9 days the last time...and it would have been nice to have more than 1 day in which I wasn't just logging miles, so I would need to bank some time in order to do it, too.

• 1 posts
    February 8, 2012 7:12 AM PST
    Big Fat Smile