What will I find on you or your bike Every time you ride?

• February 2, 2012 9:05 PM PST

• 1780 posts
    February 2, 2012 9:15 PM PST
    Extra set of full race muffler bearings, a clean fart sack, and my T/ P
    • 1 posts
    February 2, 2012 9:56 PM PST
    LCStrat wrote...
    I always wear the Joe Rocket Mesh jacket with pads, mesh gloves, and full faced helmet. I guess now that I'm older I want to keep as much hide as I can if, God forbid, I ever go down.

.....that's how we roll!!!
    • 2072 posts
    February 2, 2012 11:36 PM PST
    Clean underwear........ Remember what your Grandma always said !!!!!!
    • 19040 posts
    February 2, 2012 11:46 PM PST
    Oh and I forgot, something that DOES NOT GO, the watch.
    • 1855 posts
    February 3, 2012 12:01 AM PST
    My Kimber 45, my .38 snub nose, and a rolled up 8 x 10 plastic tarp; I've been caught in a couple of nasty hail storms out west with no place to take cover. The tarp ain't much but it's a must cuz it helps.

Peace
    • 1 posts
    February 3, 2012 12:02 AM PST
    Always on my bike every time....BUGS
    • 9 posts
    February 3, 2012 12:04 AM PST
    I'm in the process of updating my CCW. But I, too, won't roll without one. Had an incident a few years back, and was glad I had that extra security. Didn't use it, but it was there, if I needed to....
    Other than that, I take my sm. tool roll, flashlight, zip ties, super glue, and always, always, always...a charged
    phone. But like Mike, I don't need no stinking watches!

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 3, 2012 12:07 AM PST
    glide wrote...
    FeFe you were in Easy Rider Mag?

Yes I have been to GA, no clue about Easy Rider magazine.

• February 3, 2012 12:10 AM PST
    planbforme wrote...
    Chapstick....phone......water or coffee.....

YO WOMAN! I didn't know you were here! Great to see ya!

• February 3, 2012 12:21 AM PST
    me....
  • February 3, 2012 12:25 AM PST
    Cathy wrote...
    LCStrat wrote...
    I always wear the Joe Rocket Mesh jacket with pads, mesh gloves, and full faced helmet. I guess now that I'm older I want to keep as much hide as I can if, God forbid, I ever go down.

.....that's how we roll!!!

Wait a minute! You aren't wearing all that gear in your profile pic!

(Tee hee hee)

I have ATG, I just don't wear it ATT. It's a judgement call before every ride. How lucky I feel that day, which bike I am going to ride, what kind of ride I intend to do. If I am going to be on the bike all day putting miles behind me, or if it is CCCold out, I will most likely go with ATG. But I have ridden 90 mph with a backless halter top on and no helmet, too. I've ridden around rallies in a bikini top. The less protective gear I have, the more careful and alert I am.

I have noticed that other drivers seem more courteous to me when I am NOT wearing a helmet. I don't know why, maybe they can tell I am a girl and they are either intimidated by a chick on a bike, or worried about the "woman driver". But when I have a helmet on, I often feel like it acts as a giant magnet for cages.

My glide has one saddlebag which remains permanently packed with rain gear and tools and a baseball cap (helps in rain) and backup glasses and gloves. The other bag usually has my laptop in it. And I have a handlebar mount for my iPhone so I can feed my tunes through the radio, and also use google maps to discover new roads. But my Buell and the softail don't have saddlebags, or the iPhone mount, so I am generally without all those extras. Although, I have bungied my computer on the back of both of those bikes. And I do have a sissy bar bag I can pack the softail for a day trip or an overnight.

I also have an emergency overnight bag on the glide...it has a pair of glasses and a contact lense case and a pair of disposable contacts, as well as a toothbrush and sample packets of shampoo and conditioner. You know, those bare essentials. LOL

Every ride is different!

• 1 posts
    February 3, 2012 12:32 AM PST
    the bell is on my bike....its always on it...since i came home from the states...i think its full...cause I 've come down 3 times since I came home...how do you empty them road gremlins? I might have some stowaways from the US hiding in it.
  • February 3, 2012 12:50 AM PST
    I always have my mp3 player in my back pocket and usually have my earbuds in.
    • 7 posts
    February 3, 2012 1:02 AM PST
    Me ;-)

Sorry... couldn't resist
  • February 3, 2012 1:20 AM PST
    Nobody said Duct Tape?? I have a roll in the bags on my Street Glide, need to add a roll in the other two bikes.
  • February 3, 2012 2:13 AM PST
    First off I would like to add myself to the CCWP Carry Consealed Wepons Permit Group. I ve recently changed my mind on the wepon thing. Sorry world. M-1911 45.
    Defantly the bell. My wallet chains I have a few. My star of David. Depending on weather and bike as to what else is carryed.
    The Krazy KZ is pretty striped down. But a small tool roll. 5.00 in cash. A light pair of gloves. A extra pair of Goggles! a oil rag. and of couse 2 or 3 bunggie cords and if no rider a small day pack. Love to Yard Sale!!!!
    The Hyosung is a bit bigger althought smaller in CCs Carry a Heavy Sweat shirt. Water. A larger bunch of tools. Bits and peaces (Whats That! A road munchie thats High in suger and Carbs.) A bottle of my Meds. and just about any thing else I can squize in to the saddle bags.
    Deffently "NOT" on the ATGATT Crew. Warms up off comes the coat. Gets really warm down to Tank top. Keep the chaps. Heavy Black Boots.
    • 5420 posts
    February 3, 2012 2:17 AM PST
    Yep, definitely duct tape. In the tool bag that is always on my bike - whether the small version I always carry or the larger version for long trips - in addition to tools I always have duct tape, electrical tape, bailing wire and zip ties in there. If you can't fix it with those - ITS REAL BAD!
    • 5420 posts
    February 3, 2012 2:18 AM PST
    One other thing I almost always have with me, though not one of the necessities, is a camera. You always see the greatest stuff when you're out riding a motorcycle!
  • February 3, 2012 2:21 AM PST
    I always travel with 2 waters, rain gear, warm wear, glasses, sunscreen, duck tape, flash light, towel, bandana, first aid, leather man, map, charged cell phone (learned about that sometime ago), extra glasses, TP ya never know, Kick stand plate, manual, air pressure gauge, I'm trying to think what else,Suture material, oh yea tampon, wonder full when ya pull up on that situation great for holding pressure and absorbing blood and other liquids. A "magic travel frog" money, card, knife. have a great one! "T"
    • 1780 posts
    February 3, 2012 3:39 AM PST
    Tumbles wrote...
    I always travel with 2 waters, rain gear, warm wear, glasses, sunscreen, duck tape, flash light, towel, bandana, first aid, leather man, map, charged cell phone (learned about that sometime ago), extra glasses, TP ya never know, Kick stand plate, manual, air pressure gauge, I'm trying to think what else,Suture material, oh yea tampon, wonder full when ya pull up on that situation great for holding pressure and absorbing blood and other liquids. A "magic travel frog" money, card, knife. have a great one! "T"

Absorbing blood and other liquids...............now see another good reason this is a real family we have here........We can talk about body fluids and everyone is cool with that ! 
    I would love to open a new post to discuss nothing but......FARTING....which is (call me simple) funny as hell!

Night Dragon.....Blowing Flames

• February 3, 2012 3:52 AM PST
    LOL! Night Dragon, tampon will help absorb water out of your boots have you ever seen them things grow to size? some oil they aren't that good at that but well it helps. Now farting is funny! have a great one "T"
    • 63 posts
    February 3, 2012 3:53 AM PST
    I always have my boots / jeans on,, I'm a little lax when it comes to the jacket,,, I've been known to just have a T-shirt and leather vest on.
    I also have both pair of glasses, dark and yellow for night riding, my guardian angel pin inside my saddlebag,,,, and of course a few tools.
    • 63 posts
    February 3, 2012 3:56 AM PST
    Oh yeah, the 9mm concealed is essential when I'm going on a long trip.
    • 9 posts
    February 3, 2012 3:58 AM PST
    Tumble "T", I just gotta know...WHAT THE HELL IS A "MAGIC TRAVEL FROG"???

Ride Free
    Tweek

Dragon? Is that what YOU think the "Magic Travel Frogs" are? I've heard of bed-frogs, kitchen frogs, walking frogs, movie-theater frogs, store frogs, and church frogs....the "Magic" is so awesome...buahaahaaahaaaa!!!