Flame Throwers...

• January 20, 2012 9:48 PM PST
    Has anyone had experience with the Hotlicks exhaust flame kit? I have a little restored and chopped Sportster and I've been looking at flame kits for the exhaust to add to give it a little more "special sauce" to show off a bit and feed my immature "look at this" side. I've thought about designing my own system, but like the engineering of the hot licks system. I'm not going to do the injection option that will shoot a 20 foot flame, just the basic set-up that will shoot a little past the exhaust.
    • 1364 posts
    January 20, 2012 11:35 PM PST
    I looked into them, By they do not recommend with Thunder headers, So its all about the decibels.
  • January 21, 2012 12:00 AM PST
    I'm thinking of going to straight pipes. I have stock cans on now that i removed the tubes from...they have a good sound, like glasspacks..still undecided..
    • 2072 posts
    January 21, 2012 12:23 AM PST
    I had a setup but found out they wouldn't work with my exhaust. Ended up selling them on E-Bay to a guy in England. Thought it would be really cool for those a##holes that like to tailgate !!!!!!
  • January 21, 2012 12:48 AM PST
    OH, I would NEVER use them like THAT! LOL
  • January 21, 2012 12:58 AM PST
    Too funny. I have found that a good size glob of tobacco juice over the shoulder will make pretty patterns on windshields that are just that little bit too close. Not that I am an advocate of smoke products.
  • January 21, 2012 1:01 AM PST
    If you did use the flamethrower on the newer cars with the plastic bumpers that would be fun ( just saying ) not that I would do that
  • January 21, 2012 1:02 AM PST
    If you did use the flamethrower on the newer cars with the plastic bumpers that would be fun ( just saying ) not that I would do that
    • 2072 posts
    January 21, 2012 1:27 AM PST
    I remember Jay Leno talking about his jet bike. One of his mechanics was test riding it and even though it has an LED warning to stay back 300 feet on it's rear, some fool pulled up right behind him at a stop light. When he took off he melted the plastic bumper on the car !!!!! I would have paid good money to see that !!!!!!
    • 16798 posts
    January 21, 2012 4:52 AM PST
    Dad had flamethrowers on his 1950 Mercury.
    It basically consisted of a propane tank, an electric solenoid valve, ignition coil and 2 spark plugs.
    He had it so he could run the system from the driver's seat.
    • 658 posts
    January 21, 2012 6:23 AM PST
    Rev, I remember those. Back in the 70's, the guy that owned the gas station next our firehouse had that setup on his 52 Ford pickup. They were the sh#*@ !!
  • January 26, 2012 9:30 AM PST
     ....bike belongs to a friend of Chili and mine in Florida. ...

. .....The Valkyrie has the two nick names. ....The Fat Lady. . ..and...The Dragon...

......reckon you see how it got the second..