What is your New Years resolution??????

• 1780 posts
    December 29, 2011 11:34 PM PST
    Let me start this off by saying my New Years resolution for one is to choose my post subjects more carefully, and be a more layed back Dragon, I know this is what Angel Eyes wants, because she is always telling me that I'm wraped to tight, and I suppose I am. I shall keep my rants down to a absoulute minimum, and go for more calmer replys to post.
    However my passion for the protection of others still burns strong within me, and I challange each and everyone of us to serve and protect our fellow human being, and let's see if we as a group can make a difference in this crime infested world.

Everyone be safe out there

Layed Backed Dragon 

• December 30, 2011 12:12 AM PST
    Nice post, Nightdragon. 

As for me...this may sound corny but I want to stop swearing.  I curse like a sailor, maybe even worse.  "F this...F that"  LOL!!!  Maybe if I make a little change like this about myself and conquer it, I'll start on something else.  I've actually already started; small steps to better ourselves, right?
    And like Dragon said, everyone be safe out there...& not just for NYE. 
    • 5417 posts
    December 30, 2011 12:19 AM PST
    I got two...

One is to just start taking better care of myself. I have treated this body of mine like crap and it is catching up to me. I am not setting any impossible goals or anything like that, just a few small things like eating better, exercise, no more smoking, etc.

The second is to be a little better husband to Laura. As the years go by I have begun to take too many things for granted and sometimes get my priorities a little confused. I need to remember the Laura is the most important thing in my world!
  • December 30, 2011 12:29 AM PST
    Try to stay healthy and watch my grand kids grow up and my Great Grand kids grow some too. ( have my 1st. great grandson due in about 3 wks. caint wait )
  • December 30, 2011 12:37 AM PST
    I am with StreetBobGirl. I made a commitment to stop swearing right around Christmas - I went out with some friends last night and caught myself about 4 times getting ready to drop the "F" bomb. They know I am trying to cut back so I would get all wound up with the "F" face and hold it back and they would laugh and say "Fiddlesticks" or "Fragment" or "FlamingFlickeringFlattery" and the moment would pass. It is harder than anything else I have had to do! A lifetime of sailor talk is settled in my brain and it isn't easy to hold it back! I am blessed that the only thing I feel I need to change about myself is my language......so far.
    • 1780 posts
    December 30, 2011 12:38 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I got two...

One is to just start taking better care of myself. I have treated this body of mine like crap and it is catching up to me. I am not setting any impossible goals or anything like that, just a few small things like eating better, exercise, no more smoking, etc.

The second is to be a little better husband to Laura. As the years go by I have begun to take too many things for granted and sometimes get my priorities a little confused. I need to remember the Laura is the most important thing in my world!

Lucky mind if I steal one of yours.......I would like to try and be a better husband as well.........I can be such a dick some times, and I don't even see it.
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    December 30, 2011 12:41 AM PST
    dawnt wrote...
    I am with StreetBobGirl. I made a commitment to stop swearing right around Christmas - I went out with some friends last night and caught myself about 4 times getting ready to drop the "F" bomb. They know I am trying to cut back so I would get all wound up with the "F" face and hold it back and they would laugh and say "Fiddlesticks" or "Fragment" or "FlamingFlickeringFlattery" and the moment would pass. It is harder than anything else I have had to do! A lifetime of sailor talk is settled in my brain and it isn't easy to hold it back! I am blessed that the only thing I feel I need to change about myself is my language......so far.

OK I need to do that to....stop dropping the F-Bomb..............Damn I'm more screwed up than I through!!!!
    Dragon

• 19007 posts
    December 30, 2011 12:57 AM PST
    Not making any, it may sound a bit conceited but I am Very Happy with who I am (finally). Although I do plan to spend more time with my fantastic grand-kids (after this years ramble).
    • 9 posts
    December 30, 2011 2:08 AM PST
    See my latest blog...but that ain't the only kettle of fish I'm cookin' up. I, too, have a penchant for the language of the "foul". I've asked my 20 year old son, to help me, by not cussing around me so much. It's real easy to forget to "talk like a lady" as my dearly departed Mother would say. And even "I" blush at the way some young women talk now. Never thought of myself in that light, until I had gathered in a significant amount of wool. So, now, along with putting away some of those "childish" things...I'd like to present myself, in a more positive way. And cutting out the cussing, is a really good start! Wanna quit smoking, too. Might try those newfangled "lectric" smokes...

Ride Free
    Tweek

http://www.healthreportsdaily.com/3/?t202id=376amp%3Bt202kw=455502-1202116 />
    • 1364 posts
    December 30, 2011 2:18 AM PST
    I'm with Lucky, I need to get back in shape. having knee surgery this year has really knocked me on my arse. Going to give it another try at giving up the cancer sticks.
  • December 30, 2011 2:29 AM PST
    I made a resolution several years ago to never make another New Year's Resolution....so far that has been the only one I've ever been able to keep!
    • 1516 posts
    December 30, 2011 2:30 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    I got two...

Well same as always for me, get in shape.. although I am pretty certain round is a shape, just not the one I want!

Second to be sure to and have more fun this year than last.. and the third to be sure and tease Lucky about his.. lol

• 638 posts
    December 30, 2011 2:56 AM PST
    to quit being an a$$hole to those that don't deserve... and more of an a$$hole to those that do
    • 277 posts
    December 30, 2011 5:16 AM PST
    Be kinder to my family and have more patience with them. Also: Try not to spend so much money!!!
    • 16795 posts
    December 30, 2011 5:17 AM PST
    I really don't make resolutions, I'm praying that the light at the end of the tunnel I see ain't a train. :-)
    Life has thrown me so many curve balls it's beyond the pale, but I have learned how to knock them out of the park.
    2012 hopefully will be progressive for my family and myself. :-)
  • December 30, 2011 5:48 AM PST
    I'd rather not say.........It's a Secret, hopefully I can do it!!! Happy New Year Everyone!!!
    • 0 posts
    December 30, 2011 6:44 AM PST
    Gday Kids mine are very bloody simple..I plan on only drinking mid strength beer before 8 am and making whiskey a night time drink..Oh yeah I wanna have more fun and give Marni a bloody big vacation...CHEERS BOOF
  • December 30, 2011 10:51 AM PST
    To quit smoking and take a little better care of this soon to be 50yo body! It"s been through quite a lot and it is starting to let me know!! LOL!!! OH and to spend more time on the beach with my beautiful wife!
    • 113 posts
    December 30, 2011 11:50 AM PST
    This may be the only year I actually make my resolution work! I've stopped blowing smoke by getting one of those electric cig's (they work) I was up to 2-3 packs a day. Way to many. Though I've been told don't need to drop any weight, I'd like to do about 20 more. I absolutely hope and pray I can begin to live life again. Buying my Bike has been a wonderful thing. I miss my better half more than words can say. but since I have no control over how long I may have left on this earth - at 47 there has to be a better way. Signing up for this site was a big step for me, and maybe the first of many. Any other bad habits are trivial and should be a breeze to drop (lol) I hope! To log as many miles as possible in 2012. Breathe in Breathe out, at least I'm still above ground. Be safe all on NYE, I hope you all are blessed in the coming year.
  • December 30, 2011 1:02 PM PST
    Ive got to take better care of myself and see about getting a few lbs off this big ass of mine. Good luck with the smoking one everyone that was my last years resolution and so far i have had less than a pack of smokes in 2011.
  • December 30, 2011 1:24 PM PST
    March 28 will be 3 years smoke free I am proud of that. My daughters talked me in to quiting after over 50 yrs. and as we know our kids can talk us into anything.
  • December 30, 2011 1:46 PM PST
     . . ....I have a few.....hopefully. ...i,ll be able to fulfill them all...

. ....making sure at least one less child in this country.... goes to bed hungry or cold.... 

.. . ..spending more time sharing a bottle of wine . . ..and exploring the mystery in my lovers eyes......as they reflect in the candle light..

. . . ....and lastly. . . ..more cardio .. 
    • 580 posts
    December 31, 2011 6:31 AM PST
    What great ones Timbrwolf and the rest of you guys. I don't normally make em but this year I am definitely going for losing a few pounds (and not the monetary variety). Daughter number one gets married in April and I need to be able to get all of me on her pics lol. Whilst that's my incentive, it's something that needs to be done to get me a little more healthy. Never know I may even be able to treat myself to some new bike gear next year!!
    Have a great New Year guys - 2012 is going to be absolutely awesome
    Hugs x
    • 1780 posts
    December 31, 2011 7:16 AM PST
    A few years back my Doctor told me I needed to loose several pounds of un-needed weight............So I got a Divorce!!!
    Dragon
  • December 31, 2011 10:16 AM PST
    NightDragon wrote...
    A few years back my Doctor told me I needed to loose several pounds of un-needed weight............So I got a Divorce!!!
    Dragon

Dragon ~ did your Doctor wear wingtips and a suit? LOL!